• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Cheat day

sicilian48

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I know this question has been asked over and over but I wanted to get some of your opinions on the question.
So here goes.
On your “cheat” day do you just consume one cheat meal, or do you guys take The whole day to eat what you want?
I have had pro BB‘s tell me “pig out for 6 hours on your cheat day then stop” while others have said “1 cheat meal only”
Opinions please!

I know this question has been asked over and over but I wanted to get some of your opinions on the question.
So here goes.
On your “cheat” day do you just consume one cheat meal, or do you guys take The whole day to eat what you want?
I have had pro BB‘s tell me “pig out for 6 hours on your cheat day then stop” while others have said “1 cheat meal only”
Opinions please!
It really depends on your current goals. If you are cutting, I wouldn’t have a cheat meal at all if possible. If you are bulking then sure you can have a cheat meal here and there but even when you are “cheating” it should be mostly protein based. Get a big ass burger or a huge cut of steak that isn’t very lean like a rib eye and have potatoes and veggies with it. You don’t want to just sit down and eat fast food or a large pizza once a week lol that’s not ever a good idea. This is my opinion.

as far as I am concerned, I have never had a cheat day, a cheat meal or a cheat bite.
I plan and follow the diet. Period.

If I need more calories, I plan a period with more calories.
If I need a refeed, I plan in the diet what I need, in a targeted way.

I plan and eat what needs to be eaten.

H[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]owever, to be more elastic, the problem is not the cheat meal ([FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]if you have a good and solid diet and follow it[/FONT]).
But unfortunately some people have gone from cheat meal to cheat for hours, to cheat day.
Then came the cheat weekend.
Then again the cheat weekend plus a cheat day during the week (and you are already 3/7 days that you do not follow the diet).
...then what else?[/FONT]

Sunday is my day to eat what I want all day. Breakfast is the only meal I always have planned and it’s healthy. After breakfast tho I eat anything I want. Pizza, burgers anything goes for the whole day. I generally don’t like sweets so I don’t eat cake, ice cream or things like that.

I think a cheat meal is sometimes necessary but also needs to be kept within reason... if your cutting than again I agree with above and no you are cutting for a reason.. it can be a useful tool to help but onky if necessary I feel like too many people use this as and decide to have a whatever they want meal if it doesn’t call for it don’t have it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And a lot of those pros you see doing this are top level guys with freaky genetics that have everything dialed in and are supplementing as well

A good cheat meal or two a week is okay for me. I usually pick pizza, a big bacon cheeseburger or a heavy pasta Italian dish. If I am on a cut, I rarely cheat because I don’t need the junk and keep my eye on my goal. If I need more or less calories is judged by my morning look and weight.

Max

Thanks guys lots of mixed opinions. I appreciate it! Just trying to see what most of you guys are doing here. I have always told a cheat day/meal is good for the body, it shocks the body, while others have told me to spike your insulin levels because it’s more anabolic than testosterone and will help “shock them muscles” into growing more. I have also been told it kind of resets the body temporarily causing your body to release some fat storage. I guess everyone’s opinions are different, but I have seen professional BB’s have a cheat day and still look great.

I don’t do this for a job man. It’s a fun hobby for me that I enjoy. When you start turning it into a job and forcing things on yourself then it is fun anymore. Is my body going to turn to shit because I eat junk on sundays... not a chance. You have to have a balance here.

I don’t do this for a job man. It’s a fun hobby for me that I enjoy. When you start turning it into a job and forcing things on yourself then it is fun anymore. Is my body going to turn to shit because I eat junk on sundays... not a chance. You have to have a balance here.
Exactly this ^^^ For me at 58 I eat strict all day, counting and weighing everything I put in my mouth. Dinner on the other hand, is the meal I have fun with. Could be pizza, lasagna, In n Out, street tacos, whatever. Point is I have fun with it 7 days a week. And guess what happens to my bf and physique? Not a damn thing! I don't recommend anyone eat like this, especially if you're struggling with weight loss or you're prepping for a show, but the majority of us are regular gym rats and a cheat meal or two isn't cause your progress to stall.

I Didn't Choose the Swolle Life, The Swolle Life Chose Me

IML Gear Cream!
as far as I am concerned, I have never had a cheat day, a cheat meal or a cheat bite.

However, to be more elastic, the problem is not the cheat meal (if you have a good and solid diet and follow it).
But unfortunately some people have gone from cheat meal to cheat for hours, to cheat day.
Then again the cheat weekend plus a cheat day during the week (and you are already 3/7 days that you do not follow the diet).
...then what else?

^ Yup. Be real with yourself on whether or not you truly need that cheat. Have you legitimately stalled for weeks and really need it? OK. If you're using it as a reward system though, most people will end up rewarding themselves all the time. "I had a heavy leg day...cheat meal. It's lil johnnie's bday...cheat meal. I didn't have time to meal prep...cheat meal." etc, etc.

I get that we need to do things like a cheat meal to keep our sanity in check at times, but just be honest with yourself. Especially if you're cutting, which I'm guessing you are.

I dont eat junk food - if I do I dont feel well.So a " cheat " for me is an extra serving of say fish or chicken -OD

Sunday is my day to eat what I want all day. Breakfast is the only meal I always have planned and it’s healthy. After breakfast tho I eat anything I want. Pizza, burgers anything goes for the whole day. I generally don’t like sweets so I don’t eat cake, ice cream or things like that.

I like this....I am similar. But yea, if I am really trying to lean down, I really don't cheat meal at all. Buuuttt, if I am trying to pack on some quality muscle, have been working out hard and gear cycle is on point, then fuck yea, I will pig out and murder a large supreme pizza with ease for a cheat moment.

I like this....I am similar. But yea, if I am really trying to lean down, I really don't cheat meal at all. Buuuttt, if I am trying to pack on some quality muscle, have been working out hard and gear cycle is on point, then fuck yea, I will pig out and murder a large supreme pizza with ease for a cheat moment.

Same here... Sunday’s are my day to Cheat, I don’t pig out all day but I will enjoy a pizza or some form of red meat. Sunday’s are usually a big cardio day for me too so I don’t feel totally guilty after I’m done stuffing my gullet.

I usually just go for one meal, if i had a whole cheat day it would pretty much negate a weeks deficit for me

However, to be more elastic, the problem is not the cheat meal (if you have a good and solid diet and follow it).
...then what else?

this is pretty much me in a nut shell.... just a cheating son of a bitch! Food just tastes so good. I only go to the gym so I can feel less guilty. Mmmmmm donuts 🍩

Usually one meal, and it'd be pizza of some sort

Back