Injury or Not

Thread: Injury or Not

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Rep Points

Injury or Not

Went to the doc today for some very pinpointed pain in my back. As he was feeling his way around he pressed right on the spot and almost took an elbow to the face. Immediately I started sweating from it...he said, wow that's super sensitive. He felt around and established it was either in the T6, T7, T8 and sent me for x-rays. Has anyone had any experience with this. It doesn't effect my strength, is sore when making lat pulldown movement and squeezing at the bottom. But it's like 8/10 painful when pushed. Haven't taken any blows to the back, no wierd pain doing squats or deads. No numbness or anything like that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Rep Points

Odd question but I've noticed this myself. If you're not sure if it's an injury.... Do you sleep on your back or stomach? The reason I ask is that I have problems with that area and I'm positive it gets sore when I don't sleep on my back. Just a thought...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Rep Points

I have pretty much constant back pain now from sleeping in my sides and my lats being wide enough now to make me sleep crooked. It's caused a rib to constantly go out of place which is fun.

You could've tweaked it doing anything honestly. I've hurt my back more just from doing random shit than I have lifting to be honest.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,270 Posts
    Rep Points

I had a stiff neck for 5 days from just opening the front door. Iím guessing it was from sleeping on the couch, maybe too high on the pillow but holy shit.... Iím paranoid whenever I do anything anymore. Injuries really throw the ol dick in the dirt.

stretch.... the scorpion yoga stretch really helps my lower back.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Rep Points

I have had back pain for 10 plus years, decided to head to a chiropractor about 8 years ago and have been going since. It has been a tremendous help. I had a disc that would slip out of place. Wouldn't be debilitating but bending over to put my shoes on hurt. I avoided deadlifts and squats for years, now i can go heavy and enjoy it.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by B_RAD1969 View Post
    Odd question but I've noticed this myself. If you're not sure if it's an injury.... Do you sleep on your back or stomach? The reason I ask is that I have problems with that area and I'm positive it gets sore when I don't sleep on my back. Just a thought...
    I sleep 90% of the time on my back, the other 10% curled up behind my wife. Usually have to move away from her either from my back or because I'm hot as shit and sweating on her...lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by SiliconeSack View Post
    I have had back pain for 10 plus years, decided to head to a chiropractor about 8 years ago and have been going since. It has been a tremendous help. I had a disc that would slip out of place. Wouldn't be debilitating but bending over to put my shoes on hurt. I avoided deadlifts and squats for years, now i can go heavy and enjoy it.

A lot of people are fearful of chiropractors and it's understandable. The "pops" and "cracks" can be irksome and when you're already in pain, the idea of having your body manipulated can be very scary. However, a chiropractor can be a great "middle of the road" treatment that could help you avoid or postpone surgery. And your experience is the evidence of that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jayden Turnbull View Post
    A lot of people are fearful of chiropractors and it's understandable. The "pops" and "cracks" can be irksome and when you're already in pain, the idea of having your body manipulated can be very scary. However, a chiropractor can be a great "middle of the road" treatment that could help you avoid or postpone surgery. And your experience is the evidence of that.
    It really has been a huge help. When i first started going they mentioned possible surgery if it doesn't get better. I changed the way I worked out, allowed myself to be adjusted and a few years later stronger then ever. I still go every other week and more of needed just to maintain. Between work and working out i put a lot of stress on my low back and hips.