• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Pip swelling, no redness, no fever. Thoughts?

christiantt

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Any insights are much appreciated:

Pinned sust Friday afternoon, 1ml. I have not been rotating glute sides enough, have to put that out there, completely on me in that regard. When injecting, I was slightly uncomfortably stance wise, needle went in fine, but when plunging my hand wasn't completely stable and the needle moved around a little bit. I am using a 26g so its slow going on injecting. Felt the discomfort after injecting, when then increased over time till yesterday late afternoon it was swollen, you could see the right upper glute was swollen compared to the left. Just over golf ball size swelling, but spread out over the surface area of hand general dimensions.

Yes, it is tender and hurts and I couldn't squat for the life of me right now. I rubbed on it a bit and it is uncomfortable but I can do it. Again, there is no redness, no fever, no anything along those lines. I feel fine, could go work out upper body no problem right now. Appetite strong, everything. The gear I use has never caused me problems, very reliable and top quality in my opinion; and I followed proper sterilization protocols before pinning.

Anybody have an equivalent experience? Part of me thinks the swelling is actual muscle damage due to overuse of the right glute in that general area as well as the needle moving around while injecting. I have amoxicillin on hand and a good friend who is a PA I can go to for advice if things get worse. I started ibuprofen last night for inflammation.

Again, any insights are much appreciated. Not sure how worried I should be. Thanks

And swollen glute area is not hot to the touch, nothing like that. Just swollen and painful.......Im leaning towards muscle damage from needle moving around and being unsteady. But some sort of infection has me worried and not sure if I really should be just yet.

If it’s not hot, swollen, red and you have a fever don’t sweat it bro. Probably just moved around to much or hit a bad spot. It happens. I’ve had my whole arm red swollen and hurt like hell and still wasn’t an infection.

Your injecting one side of your glute over and over.....not smart.

Your injecting one side of your glute over and over.....not smart.

Yea, I used to rotate consistently and then for past several pins it has been in right glute. You are right

Nothing to worry about give it 3-4 days it will calm down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes there is something to worry about..

To the OP.. you already recognize that you need to rotate, this could just be an instance of having a bad injection, on top of the fact of a site that is often frequented, bad injections happened and they take a few days to subside, now compiled that with an area that is already overwhelmed.. it can over exaggerate how it feels and it's display.

You're setting yourself up for an abscess. your body will do what it's intended to do and it will quarantine everything off, it could become a benign abscess, or it could just StayWell that up for a while and take some time to slowly break down and metabolize. I would suggest taking some Benadryl, and giving that area some rest for a very long time, in fact several weeks or more, even if it feels good it deserves more time to recover.

Keep an eye on it, if the surface becomes red and hot to the touch and very painful along with fever like symptoms, or if you get all of these symptoms without the fever, I would go to urgent care..

I would highly suggest putting some ice on it, make it so cold that it is literally beyond uncomfortable and you can barely withstand it.. repeat this multiple times..

Yes there is something to worry about..

To the OP.. you already recognize that you need to rotate, this could just be an instance of having a bad injection, on top of the fact of a site that is often frequented, bad injections happened and they take a few days to subside, now compiled that with an area that is already overwhelmed.. it can over exaggerate how it feels and it's display.

You're setting yourself up for an abscess. your body will do what it's intended to do and it will quarantine everything off, it could become a benign abscess, or it could just StayWell that up for a while and take some time to slowly break down and metabolize. I would suggest taking some Benadryl, and giving that area some rest for a very long time, in fact several weeks or more, even if it feels good it deserves more time to recover.

Keep an eye on it, if the surface becomes red and hot to the touch and very painful along with fever like symptoms, or if you get all of these symptoms without the fever, I would go to urgent care..

I would highly suggest putting some ice on it, make it so cold that it is literally beyond uncomfortable and you can barely withstand it.. repeat this multiple times..

Thank you all for the advice. Yes, bad mistake on my part. Not sure why I went full Forrest Gump and got lazy with pinning in right glute. Honestly came down to its easier for me. But, now I am paying for it.
I will keep a close eye on it and thank you all again.

Bro I think you need to pin your quads for a while and give your glutes a break. Plus I find that when I try to pin my own glutes the needle moves around so much. But when you pin quads you can easily hold it still with one hand and depress with the other. Zero needle movement. I have my wife pin my glutes when I do glutes and when I pin myself I do quads. And I think I’m gonna buy some smaller needles and start pinning like 1ml in the delts. I think it would be better to start having a lot of pin spots in the rotation BEFORE scar tissue becomes a problem.

Last edited:
IML Gear Cream!
Bro I think you need to pin your quads for a while and give your glutes a break. Plus I find that when I try to pin my own glutes the needle moves around so much. But when you pin quads you can easily hold it still with one hand and depress with the other. Zero needle movement. I have my wife pin my glutes when I do glutes and when I pin myself I do quads. And I think I’m gonna buy some smaller needles and start pinning like 1ml in the delts. I think it would be better to start having a lot of pin spots in the rotation BEFORE scar tissue becomes a problem.

Thank you for this. Where in the glutes do you pin? What area?

I pin quads but a lot of guys run into problems pinning quads. You should look into delts, lats, and ventrogluteal sites, the later two being my favorite as they are pain free injections and very rarely any pip. Just my two cents. (BTW, my wife pinned my glute a few weeks back and was a little janky with the needle, I had a swollen lump there that was fairly tender for almost a week.)

first mistake people make is rubbing the injection site. you must resist this, fluid does not compress. if you bruised a muscle during inject then add pressure to the ball of oil in that muscle you are adding further trauma to this muscle. heat and cold compress, take some ibuprofen. you should try pinning delts, my delts love sust just saying

Thank you for this. Where in the glutes do you pin? What area?
Like the other guys have said you can try delts too. I’ve done delts in the past and it was a good spot. But for quads you want to hit the front of the quads but towards the outside of your leg and half way between your knee and hip. You’ll probably have to find a video so you can see the right spot. But side delts are a great option too man.

I meant quads. Sorry. Looking for any tips, have already done some google searching.

A good thing you apologized here and cleared the air lest we all forumites think that you... ahem... you you know... cough cough... ahem... you're you know... cough... you're... ahem cough cough... you know... LIMP WRISTED.

Delts/glutes you have 4-6 sites 6 if you use mid/back of delt. But same/same isn't good at all.Ive experience this and it will get worse.anyone had a elongated lump in glute kinda like an oil drop under skin but long instead of round pea size?

Sent from my LML414DL using Tapatalk

A good thing you apologized here and cleared the air lest we all forumites think that you... ahem... you you know... cough cough... ahem... you're you know... cough... you're... ahem cough cough... you know... LIMP WRISTED.
For some reason I read this in Pewdiepie’s voice.

Get Shredded!
For some reason I read this in Pewdiepie’s voice.

lol, you fuckers. I'll drop the formalities. Good info though. For the life of me i can't imagine pinning my damn lat...sounds fucking painful.

Ya, the needle definitely moved with the injection in question, compounded with hitting the same general spot too frequently. Quads it is too, then. My wife refuses to help pin for me for some reason, so I can only self administer, which seems to limit my pin site options a tad.

most of u may have seen me post this, and if u have sorry.ive been doing gear on and off for over 30 years. never pinned anywhere but my glutes and i doubt i ever will.i do injs. myself. i was taught by a guy that had been doing it 10 years before me . he told me to lay on the bed,not to look, but to relax,relax,relax. That mother fucker "popped" my ass hard. then he let me get over the shock,told me to relax again, but this time i knew what was coming. long story short,thats exactly what i do to myself now. 3 hard pops then immediatly in with the needle. i barely even feel the stick or the injection. hardly ever have any pip. never had an infection or abcess (knock on wood) im talking about hundreds of injs. the only other thing I do diff. is ues a bigger pin than most guys. 23g 1.5 in. I have very,very.little scar tissue either. im not trying to brag, im just saying what has worked for me for a long time. I do alternate sides and spots. im convinced it has something to do with the "popping" my next pin ill probably get a knot, an abcess ,
and they'll have to remove my ass. seriously this works great for me and it always has

no pain...1 inch 25g into front slightly lateral of quads while standing,, doesnt hurt at all and less likely to knick a nerve like on the side of quad...works every time

i was taught by a guy that had been doing it 10 years before me . he told me to lay on the bed,not to look, but to relax,relax,relax. That mother fucker "popped" my ass hard. then he let me get over the shock,told me to relax again, but this time i knew what was coming.

We still talking about injecting gearz???? :anal:

We still talking about injecting gearz???? :anal:
Sounds like someone injected him with some testosterone alright. Straight from the tap.
for real though bro that’s the weirdest shit I’ve ever heard. Smacking the skin before you inject isn’t going to contribute to the scenario a whole lot. You’ve just gotten lucky.

Delts/glutes you have 4-6 sites 6 if you use mid/back of delt. But same/same isn't good at all.Ive experience this and it will get worse.anyone had a elongated lump in glute kinda like an oil drop under skin but long instead of round pea size?

Sent from my LML414DL using Tapatalk

Can't recall having that issue in recent years. But makes sense if you get oil leakage into SQ layer but not out the injection hole.

Use a 1" needle minimum and Z-track every single time, you'll nip that oil leakage right in the bud. Z-track is so easy there's no point in skipping it unless you're deliberately doing an SQ pin.

Swellling has gone down a bit. Taking ibuprofen three times a day and trying to rest the area up.......went for a couple mile walk which seemed to help. The pain has gone away for the most part, just swollen still. Pinned first time in right quad, was smooth and easy....easier than glutes by far. Definitely the way go.....rotating sides, of course :)

Back