Pip swelling, no redness, no fever. Thoughts?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    391 Posts
    Rep Points

Pip swelling, no redness, no fever. Thoughts?

Any insights are much appreciated:

Pinned sust Friday afternoon, 1ml. I have not been rotating glute sides enough, have to put that out there, completely on me in that regard. When injecting, I was slightly uncomfortably stance wise, needle went in fine, but when plunging my hand wasn't completely stable and the needle moved around a little bit. I am using a 26g so its slow going on injecting. Felt the discomfort after injecting, when then increased over time till yesterday late afternoon it was swollen, you could see the right upper glute was swollen compared to the left. Just over golf ball size swelling, but spread out over the surface area of hand general dimensions.

Yes, it is tender and hurts and I couldn't squat for the life of me right now. I rubbed on it a bit and it is uncomfortable but I can do it. Again, there is no redness, no fever, no anything along those lines. I feel fine, could go work out upper body no problem right now. Appetite strong, everything. The gear I use has never caused me problems, very reliable and top quality in my opinion; and I followed proper sterilization protocols before pinning.

Anybody have an equivalent experience? Part of me thinks the swelling is actual muscle damage due to overuse of the right glute in that general area as well as the needle moving around while injecting. I have amoxicillin on hand and a good friend who is a PA I can go to for advice if things get worse. I started ibuprofen last night for inflammation.

Again, any insights are much appreciated. Not sure how worried I should be. Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    391 Posts
    Rep Points

And swollen glute area is not hot to the touch, nothing like that. Just swollen and painful.......Im leaning towards muscle damage from needle moving around and being unsteady. But some sort of infection has me worried and not sure if I really should be just yet.

Board Rep
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,327 Posts
    Rep Points

If itís not hot, swollen, red and you have a fever donít sweat it bro. Probably just moved around to much or hit a bad spot. It happens. Iíve had my whole arm red swollen and hurt like hell and still wasnít an infection.
    Local and International SARMS & Peptides

Local and International AAS and HGH and much more only at P.S.L.

PM me for questions or concerns ::HERE::

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,301 Posts
    Rep Points

Your injecting one side of your glute over and over.....not smart.
    IRONLION LABS
    Quality HGH, Raws and Peptides
    Wickr: ironlionlabs

Click here**PLEASE READ THE RULES**

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    391 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by REHH View Post
    Your injecting one side of your glute over and over.....not smart.
    Yea, I used to rotate consistently and then for past several pins it has been in right glute. You are right

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts
    Rep Points

Nothing to worry about give it 3-4 days it will calm down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Team supervisor P.S.L.
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,291 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jbn24 View Post
    Nothing to worry about give it 3-4 days it will calm down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes there is something to worry about..

To the OP.. you already recognize that you need to rotate, this could just be an instance of having a bad injection, on top of the fact of a site that is often frequented, bad injections happened and they take a few days to subside, now compiled that with an area that is already overwhelmed.. it can over exaggerate how it feels and it's display.

You're setting yourself up for an abscess. your body will do what it's intended to do and it will quarantine everything off, it could become a benign abscess, or it could just StayWell that up for a while and take some time to slowly break down and metabolize. I would suggest taking some Benadryl, and giving that area some rest for a very long time, in fact several weeks or more, even if it feels good it deserves more time to recover.

Keep an eye on it, if the surface becomes red and hot to the touch and very painful along with fever like symptoms, or if you get all of these symptoms without the fever, I would go to urgent care..

I would highly suggest putting some ice on it, make it so cold that it is literally beyond uncomfortable and you can barely withstand it.. repeat this multiple times..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    391 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Vision View Post
    Yes there is something to worry about..

To the OP.. you already recognize that you need to rotate, this could just be an instance of having a bad injection, on top of the fact of a site that is often frequented, bad injections happened and they take a few days to subside, now compiled that with an area that is already overwhelmed.. it can over exaggerate how it feels and it's display.

You're setting yourself up for an abscess. your body will do what it's intended to do and it will quarantine everything off, it could become a benign abscess, or it could just StayWell that up for a while and take some time to slowly break down and metabolize. I would suggest taking some Benadryl, and giving that area some rest for a very long time, in fact several weeks or more, even if it feels good it deserves more time to recover.

Keep an eye on it, if the surface becomes red and hot to the touch and very painful along with fever like symptoms, or if you get all of these symptoms without the fever, I would go to urgent care..

I would highly suggest putting some ice on it, make it so cold that it is literally beyond uncomfortable and you can barely withstand it.. repeat this multiple times..
    Thank you all for the advice. Yes, bad mistake on my part. Not sure why I went full Forrest Gump and got lazy with pinning in right glute. Honestly came down to its easier for me. But, now I am paying for it.
    I will keep a close eye on it and thank you all again.

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    484 Posts
    Rep Points

Like Vision said - just watch it and if you get a fever - head to urgent care .Luck-OD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    Rep Points

Bro I think you need to pin your quads for a while and give your glutes a break. Plus I find that when I try to pin my own glutes the needle moves around so much. But when you pin quads you can easily hold it still with one hand and depress with the other. Zero needle movement. I have my wife pin my glutes when I do glutes and when I pin myself I do quads. And I think Iím gonna buy some smaller needles and start pinning like 1ml in the delts. I think it would be better to start having a lot of pin spots in the rotation BEFORE scar tissue becomes a problem.
    Last edited by TrenTrain; 02-02-2020 at 10:31 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    391 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by TrenTrain View Post
    Bro I think you need to pin your quads for a while and give your glutes a break. Plus I find that when I try to pin my own glutes the needle moves around so much. But when you pin quads you can easily hold it still with one hand and depress with the other. Zero needle movement. I have my wife pin my glutes when I do glutes and when I pin myself I do quads. And I think Iím gonna buy some smaller needles and start pinning like 1ml in the delts. I think it would be better to start having a lot of pin spots in the rotation BEFORE scar tissue becomes a problem.
    Thank you for this. Where in the glutes do you pin? What area?

Board Rep
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,327 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by christiantt View Post
    Is this your low key way of asking for a pic of his ass? Lol jk bro!!
    Local and International SARMS & Peptides

Local and International AAS and HGH and much more only at P.S.L.

PM me for questions or concerns ::HERE::

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    391 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by christiantt View Post
    I meant quads. Sorry. Looking for any tips, have already done some google searching.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts
    Rep Points

I pin quads but a lot of guys run into problems pinning quads. You should look into delts, lats, and ventrogluteal sites, the later two being my favorite as they are pain free injections and very rarely any pip. Just my two cents. (BTW, my wife pinned my glute a few weeks back and was a little janky with the needle, I had a swollen lump there that was fairly tender for almost a week.)

IM>ASF

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,637 Posts
    Rep Points

first mistake people make is rubbing the injection site. you must resist this, fluid does not compress. if you bruised a muscle during inject then add pressure to the ball of oil in that muscle you are adding further trauma to this muscle. heat and cold compress, take some ibuprofen. you should try pinning delts, my delts love sust just saying