SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10,200 Posts
    Rep Points

"You're not athletic. And you never will be."

"You're not athletic. And you never will have an athletic build."
    These were the stinging words from my beloved wife last night. Which brought the immediate responses of "what do you call all that time in the gym?! I know I need to drop 20 pounds, but I'm working on it, dammit!"

She then clarified what she meant. Bodybuilders are NOT athletic. Runners are athletic. Ball players are athletic. (I pointed out how Babe Ruth was known for his "athletic build"). In her opinion, you're only athletic if you're chasing a ball around or running a marathon, or a triathlon. She pointed out how bodybuilders have that unpleasant bubble gut, which I agreed is not what I consider ideal.

So now I'm wondering, what is "athletic" (particularly in other people's eyes)? Are bodybuilders athletes, or are they something else?

Twat Waffle Inspector

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,420 Posts
    Rep Points

Bodybuilders are most certainly athletic. Did you piss your wife off again bud? Lol

Ask her if she thinks the WNBA is a real sport...lol (kidding ladies, sheesh)

ASF MVP
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10,200 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Milford King View Post
    Bodybuilders are most certainly athletic. Did you piss your wife off again bud? Lol

Ask her if she thinks the WNBA is a real sport...lol (kidding ladies, sheesh)
    Lol...it *was* a long drive home. But I know her intent wasn't to take a cheap shot. Apparently my two innocent comments of "I was looking forward to tonight's workout" and "I still need to meal prep" brought some sort of guilt trip for her that even she couldn't explain sufficiently. I was still turning those "athletic" words over in my mind this morning and she saw me "deep in thought" and wanted to know what I was thinking. I told her I was just thinking about new fuel I had for my workouts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts
    Rep Points

Yeesh

I know how you feel though. I once blamed my cycle for my huge appetite I recently had and the girl told me, "Well I'm hungry too and I'm not on steroids!"
    I guess she thought I was telling her she shouldn't be hungry because she's not on gear. It's always upset her that my appetite is so small.

Women, right? Wouldn't it be great if we didn't need women? If we could just spend all our time with other men instead? (Family Guy quote) (also I like men)
    Last edited by Daark; 01-30-2020 at 07:21 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,365 Posts
    Rep Points

I'm not an athlete nor am I athletic, but I am athletic in appearance. But more importantly, I look great nekid and that's what really matters

I Didn't Choose the Swolle Life, The Swolle Life Chose Me

ASF MVP
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10,200 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by wesley_swolle View Post
    I'm not an athlete nor am I athletic, but I am athletic in appearance. But more importantly, I look great nekid and that's what really matters

I Didn't Choose the Swolle Life, The Swolle Life Chose Me
    This is what I was wondering and trying to wrap my head around. I mean, how can you be athletic in appearance without having put in the work required to get there? I mean, what makes an athlete? We'd hardly consider golfers athletic, right? What defines "athlete"?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,355 Posts
    Rep Points

Maybe she was trying to tell you it is time to go on a serious cut?

ASF MVP
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10,200 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by malfeasance View Post
    Maybe she was trying to tell you it is time to go on a serious cut?
    Haha...yep, this was *exactly* what went through my mind first. The drill sergeant that lives in the back of my mind immediately started shouting "You're a fatty fat fuck, Fatty McFatterson. Now go puke up that crouton you ate that was on your salad, you disgusting maggot!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    735 Posts
    Rep Points

I hate to be that guy, and while I think that CrossFit is a total fad and the vast majority of CrossFitters are a joke, but Rich Froning man, that guy is the athlete elite. And doesn’t look like a “runner”. He looks like he could run while deadlifting. That my personal mental image of the “athletic build”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Rep Points

Show her a picture of Mike O'Hearn and see if she still feels the same. Not all bodybuilders are in the bubble gut class.

Just make sure she give the picture back, though. You don't that one going into the old spank bank.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by NecrosAK; 01-30-2020 at 08:26 AM.

Twat Waffle Inspector

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,420 Posts
    Rep Points

NASCAR drivers claim they are athletes... cheerleaders claim they are athletes...competitive eaters consider that a sport....

in a world where men can be women and women can sue men for flirting with them, you my friend, can be an athlete. Even if you suck at sports.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    994 Posts
    Rep Points

i remember back in "the day" there was this dude that went to the same gym with me and he was a fuckin monster. these little fuckers were always bugging him about "how much can u bench,how much can u bench" . he never said much but one day he got tired of them so he said " its not how much u can bench that matters, its how much u look like u can bench that matters. my 2 cents. by the way multi, my nephew is one of the top ten golfers in the world, and hes pretty fuckin athletic. but I would say hes in the minority

ASF MVP
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10,200 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by hot rod View Post
    i remember back in "the day" there was this dude that went to the same gym with me and he was a fuckin monster. these little fuckers were always bugging him about "how much can u bench,how much can u bench" . he never said much but one day he got tired of them so he said " its not how much u can bench that matters, its how much u look like u can bench that matters. my 2 cents. by the way multi, my nephew is one of the top ten golfers in the world, and hes pretty fuckin athletic. but I would say hes in the minority
    No offense to golfers intended. I've seen plenty of fit guys playing golf.

But that was kind of my point...she wants to point to people playing sports that involve a ball as being athletic. And she specifically brought up baseball. The last baseball she watched was over 20 yrs ago and it was a tball game. Not counting The Natural, Field of Dreams, or a League of Their Own.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    994 Posts
    Rep Points

none taken bro. whats funny is most of them look like fat fuckin slobs, but they sure can hit it. baseball ?weird i would say the most athletic baseball players would be Jose Canseco, Mark Mcguire. i wonder how they got so athletic looking?Hmnmm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,355 Posts
    Rep Points

But she said "athletic build." Even if you can't catch a ball thrown from 40 yards away by a quarterback while sprinting and then run around and outrun all of the defensive players, you can still have an "athletic build."

She also mentioned bodybuilder's guts.

I think she is hinting she would have more sex with you if you were at 8% body fat . . .