• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Weigh your food before or after cooking?

Justatrucker

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Which would be better ? I pack up for a couple days worth of food. I make 18oz of chicken and 8oz of red meat for a dayz worth.

I always weigh after cooking. Always done it that way. I usually eat 8-10 ounces of meat per meal.

Of course after cooking, there's huge difference to certain food between raw and cooked.

Sent from my Oneplus 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Keep in mind, certain ways of cooking meat can reduce the amount of fat listed. Especially ground meats.

Max

Good am doing it right. Lol I only asking sometimes I watch videos on the tube about meal prep and they weight there meat raw. I fig I ask. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do a mix of both depending on what it is lol
Ground Beef I like fresh and always weigh whatever I am going to eat that day and cook it. Then I just evenly portion it (approximate) into my meals.
Rice I always do cooked because its just easier. Approximate 1/2 cup = 25 carbs. 1 cup = 40-50 carbs. Gets frustrating when its like wellll is it packed down, not packed down, etc. I just stay consistent.
Unless you are close to stepping on stage just come up with rules of thumb that are consistent and you will survive :)

Which would be better ? I pack up for a couple days worth of food. I make 18oz of chicken and 8oz of red meat for a dayz worth.

I weigh mine after I cook it. At least with red meat you will end up with less volume if you weigh it prior to cooking it.

After for sure. My first coach had me weighing all my meats raw before I cooked them..Talk about a pain in the ass. Especially with Chicken!!!

Everything but oats is weighed cooked.

Done it both ways. I thought nutrition facts were based off of raw weight. You also lose about 1/3 weight when its cooked. So 6oz raw chicken will be 4oz cooked. As long as you pick a method and stick with it, then you can adjust accordingly for your goals.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Done it both ways. I thought nutrition facts were based off of raw weight. You also lose about 1/3 weight when its cooked. So 6oz raw chicken will be 4oz cooked. As long as you pick a method and stick with it, then you can adjust accordingly for your goals.

Today I did both just for haha’s. Out of 12oz after cooking 6 and 1/4 oz left over. But that’s from air fryer I don’t know if the oven is different

Today I did both just for haha’s. Out of 12oz after cooking 6 and 1/4 oz left over. But that’s from air fryer I don’t know if the oven is different

Never used air fryer. Always baked it

After because it's way more convenient. I don't have the time to weigh food before coming and doing individual meals

Back