About To Start Up Again After 7 Month Layoff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Rep Points

I've never kept a log before but by doing so I'm hoping to gather some insight on my routines and hopefully learn something new to help out overall progress. If I'm omitting something that people usually include in their logs, I appreciate constructive criticism! Looked through a few other logs so do have some idea what to do here.

7 months ago damn near died but finally got the green light from the doc. I've lost most all of my gains from being in the hospital and laying around for months. I now have a flesh-colored motorcycle tire embossed with the word Dunlop around my waist. Thanksgiving and Christmas were very cruel to my bodyfat %. Cookies and pie are a bitch when you're not exercising.

Started pinning a week ago Friday to get the test levels up. Going to be running just 400 test cyp and 400 EQ every Friday evening for now. Probably do a blast of Deca or Tren later, after I regain some strength & stamina.

Overall objective:

Not interested in a ton of bulk. 25-30 extra pounds of muscle doesn't help me surf any better and isn't a benefit when backpacking in the mountains.
    Just looking to be healthy and regain strength.

Goals:

1) Lose the spare tire and get ripped up again.
    2) Regain lost strength.

Workout starting tonight: (hopefully most of the new Christmas present members will be gone by now)

Since this is my initial return to lifting going to go real slow to break in. Light weight with a lot of reps but not over do it. I've jumped in too fast following a layoff before and really suffered for it.

Monday: Chest, abs, and triceps day

Incline barbell bench
    Incline dumbell bench
    High cable crossovers
    Low cable crossovers
    Incline situps between each set of chest exercises
    Various triceps exercises

Tuesday: Legs & lower back day

Squats
    Deadlift
    Weighted Reverse situps (I don't know the proper name for this)

Wednesday: Shoulders and upper back day

Seated rows
    Standing dumbbell flies
    Front alternating dumbbell raises
    Lat pulldown cable & pullups
    Seated dumbbell military press
    Shrugs

Thursday: Cardio (Sorry but I don't speak Spanish)

Usually around 30-40 minutes of assorted stupid cardio shit
    I fucking hate Thursday nights but at least they don't take much time

Friday: Rest

Saturday: Surf

Sunday: Surf some more

Once again, I appreciate constructive criticism. I'll be posting some start pics of my starting, fat body as soon as I can.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,536 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Necron_99 View Post
    Weighted Reverse situps (I don't know the proper name for this)
    Hyperextensions?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Multislacking View Post
    Hyperextensions?
    Yes, that's it. When I had to write it above, I realized that I have never known what the proper name for that exercise was, nor have I ever even thought about what it's called. I don't think about it, I just do it. LOL. Thank you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Rep Points

Damn, I am a weak mutha fucker. LOL. That's okay, it'll come back soon now that I'm on it again. Nothing but light weights and high reps tonight. Highest I went on the incline barbell was 95 lbs. 3 sets of 12 after just the bar for a warm up. Don't want to do any more than that or my soft, girly muscles will be too sore tomorrow. When I was in my late 30's, I jumped in it hard after a couple year layoff and after that first day, I couldn't lift again for 3 weeks. Painful as Hell. The first two weeks I walked around with my elbows bent at 90 degrees because I couldn't straighten them out any more than that. Soaking in a hot tub was only temporary relief and there was nothing I could do. People looked at me and asked, "What the fuck is wrong with you?" Yeah, it was that bad. Definitely don't want to do that again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,558 Posts
    Rep Points

Subbed in for your comeback! Following

Max

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,048 Posts
    Rep Points

Looking forward to this. You can do it necron.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    141 Posts
    Rep Points

Damn, I am a weak mutha fucker. LOL. That's okay, it'll come back soon now that I'm on it again. Nothing but light weights and high reps tonight. Highest I went on the incline barbell was 95 lbs. 3 sets of 12 after just the bar for a warm up. Don't want to do any more than that or my soft, girly muscles will be too sore tomorrow. When I was in my late 30's, I jumped in it hard after a couple year layoff and after that first day, I couldn't lift again for 3 weeks. Painful as Hell. The first two weeks I walked around with my elbows bent at 90 degrees because I couldn't straighten them out any more than that. Soaking in a hot tub was only temporary relief and there was nothing I could do. People looked at me and asked, "What the fuck is wrong with you?" Yeah, it was that bad. Definitely don't want to do that again.
    Doesn't matter how much weight your lifting starting back, it's only a means to an end. Keep it going, it's a marathon not a Sprint, I'll be following

Board Rep
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,703 Posts
    Rep Points

Just a cycle of test and eq? What made you choose eq? Just curious about the combo here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by A.font401 View Post
    Just a cycle of test and eq? What made you choose eq? Just curious about the combo here.
    Mostly for the veins. I just don't get them popping on test alone. With just a little eq, I get veins that look like garden hoses under my skin. They are pronounced enough that I routinely get comments about them. I just have to donate blood regularly because it does jack my red count way up. As long as I keep it under 400mg/week and donate regularly, it keeps levels in line. I have heard from some on this board that they take 2-3 times that amount but anything over 400/wk for me and my RB cell production goes nuts.

Board Rep
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,703 Posts
    Rep Points

Mostly for the veins. I just don't get them popping on test alone. With just a little eq, I get veins that look like garden hoses under my skin. They are pronounced enough that I routinely get comments about them. I just have to donate blood regularly because it does jack my red count way up. As long as I keep it under 400mg/week and donate regularly, it keeps levels in line. I have heard from some on this board that they take 2-3 times that amount but anything over 400/wk for me and my RB cell production goes nuts.
    Iíve tried eq 2-3 times at 800mg and see it as a waste of space but some say they stand by it. Everyone is different and reacts different so Iím glad it works for you! If your diet and cardio are good you might want to toss alittle winny in there to assist in the fat loss.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by A.font401 View Post
    Iíve tried eq 2-3 times at 800mg and see it as a waste of space but some say they stand by it. Everyone is different and reacts different so Iím glad it works for you! If your diet and cardio are good you might want to toss alittle winny in there to assist in the fat loss.
    That would be nice. I have the LLewellyn bible. I'll have to read up on it. Thank you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    418 Posts
    Rep Points

Hey 99.don't usually cruise this section,but glad I did ..................Been side-lined as well Brother........Officially started back Jan. 1st...........Running Deca/Test/EQ.with some Dbol and Drol.....At first no strength.............but kept at it for weeks at low weight and high reps.............10 sets of bench at 10 reps....Then BAMB,,Strength is coming in nicely...and that EQ is got me eating every F***ing thing................at 194lbs now shooting for 220 by May.....gotta get ready for Cemo and Radiation................

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by zionoir626 View Post
    Hey 99.don't usually cruise this section,but glad I did ..................Been side-lined as well Brother........Officially started back Jan. 1st...........Running Deca/Test/EQ.with some Dbol and Drol.....At first no strength.............but kept at it for weeks at low weight and high reps.............10 sets of bench at 10 reps....Then BAMB,,Strength is coming in nicely...and that EQ is got me eating every F***ing thing................at 194lbs now shooting for 220 by May.....gotta get ready for Cemo and Radiation................
    Awesome! Glad to hear the progress. Yeah, as I get older and older the comebacks after a layoff get harder and harder. Good luck with your chemo. Putting in some hard work and getting built up in anticipation of that sounds like a great idea but I imagine it depends on what it is that your getting the treatment for. You should have plenty of time to pack it on. Keep hitting it hard, brother.

I'm off to the gym for my first leg day in 7 months. Going to keep it light with high reps.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Rep Points

Light-weight leg day today. Squats were only 135 X 4 sets of 12 after a bar-only warm up. Felt a little burn. I never go over 315 on squats anymore anyway even though I can usually lift much more. My knees are just too damn old for that shit and my glory days of repping out 455 are long gone. Deadlifts were the same - 135 X 4 sets. Hopefully, I won't be too sore tomorrow.

NO LIMITS.
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,614 Posts
    Rep Points

Congratulations on making a ďcomebacKĒ Iíll play the devils advocate here, based on my perception of your goals... you need to incorporate cardio sessions and major stretching every session day for much better end results not to mention much faster. Drop EQ, the reason youíre getting veins ďpoppingĒ is your blood is thickening to a deadly degree, Increased RBC, HCT is nothing to play with especially being overweight and out of shape. A much better cycle would be mast/test/ anavar or any dht really. I havenít read anything about a food plan, tbh, this looks like a poorly planned failure in the making.