• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Still learning to cook

You looking for anything in particular? I love to cook and have tons of good recipes

Try this one

Poke bowls!!!

1/2 lb of good quality salmon or ahi tuna
Carrots julienned into thin strips
Thin slice radishes
Sliced avocados
Sliced cucumber
Green onions
1-2 tsp sriracha
1.5 tbl soy sauce
.5 tsp sesame oil
Cooked seasoned rice

Chop your fish into smallish half inch pieces. In a bowl, add 1-2 tsp of sriracha or chili garlic sauce, 1.5 tbl soy sauce, and a bunch of chopped green onions and stir to combine. If you like the creamy poke....add 1 tbl mayonnaise to the marinade

Cook rice of your choice until done. Add .5 tbl sugar, 1 tbl rice vinegar and stir to coat.
Place a scoop of rice in a bowl. Top with fish and arrange the rest of your veggies. Top with toasted sesame seeds and enjoy

Attachments

• 043DC6A8-B531-4992-95A0-414AA161DB36.jpeg
    043DC6A8-B531-4992-95A0-414AA161DB36.jpeg
    176.5 KB · Views: 39
Or this one. I add more chicken than this for protein needs
Sopa de Lima

Ingredients

2 whole limes, plus 1 more lime for garnish
1 grapefruit
1 large white or yellow onion (about 8 ounces; 225g), unpeeled
1 pound (450g) bone-in, skin-on split chicken or turkey breasts (about 1 whole chicken breast or 1/2 small turkey breast)
8 large cloves garlic, unpeeled, divided
4 dried Turkish bay leaves
3 whole cloves
1 (3-inch) piece cinnamon stick, preferably Mexican canela
5 whole allspice berries
15 whole black peppercorns
Large pinch dried Mexican oregano
1 quart (960ml) homemade or store-bought low-sodium chicken stock
2 Roma tomatoes
6 tablespoons (90ml) vegetable oil, divided
1 Hungarian wax pepper (or 1 small green bell pepper), finely minced
Kosher salt
6 small corn tortillas, cut into strips
Small bunch fresh cilantro leaves, roughly chopped

Use a vegetable peeler to remove four 2-inch strips of lime zest and two 2-inch strips of grapefruit zest. Juice limes and grapefruit, setting aside 2 tablespoons of each juice. (Reserve remaining juice for another purpose.) Set aside zests and juice.

For the Broth: Split onion in half from pole to pole and set one half aside. Place other half in a large saucepan. Add chicken or turkey, 4 garlic cloves, bay leaves, cloves, cinnamon, allspice, peppercorns, and oregano. Add chicken broth and top up with water until all ingredients are submerged. Heat over medium heat until gently simmering. Reduce heat until broth is steaming-hot, but not bubbling. Cook, turning chicken occasionally, until center of chicken registers 150°F on an instant-read thermometer, about 30 minutes. Remove from heat.

Using tongs, carefully remove chicken from broth and transfer to a bowl. Strain broth through a fine-mesh strainer into a heatproof container and add lime zests and grapefruit zests. (There should be at least 1 quart of broth; if not, adjust with water.) Set aside to steep.

Meanwhile, for the Sofrito: Thread remaining 4 garlic cloves onto a metal skewer and roast over the direct heat of a gas flame, turning, until garlic is charred on all surfaces, about 3 minutes total. Set aside. Using tongs, roast tomatoes over the flame until their skins bubble and peel back, about 30 seconds. Alternatively, roast garlic in a dry skillet over medium-high heat, tossing constantly, until charred on most surfaces. Remove garlic and add tomatoes and roast, turning constantly, until blistered all over.

Peel garlic and tomatoes and discard skins. Finely mince both. Finely mince remaining onion half. Heat 2 tablespoons (30ml) vegetable oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic, tomatoes, pepper, and minced onion, season with a pinch of salt, and cook, stirring frequently, until sofrito is completely softened but not browned, about 10 minutes.

Remove lime and grapefruit zests from broth and discard. Pour broth into pot with sofrito. Add reserved lime and grapefruit juice and season broth to taste with salt.

For the Tortilla Strips: Combine remaining 1/4 cup (60ml) oil and tortilla strips in a nonstick or cast iron skillet. Heat over medium heat, stirring and tossing frequently, until tortilla strips are mostly crisp all over, about 3 minutes. Transfer tortilla strips to a paper towel–lined plate to drain.

To Serve: Shred chicken or turkey meat into bite-size strips with your fingers or two forks. Discard bones and skin. Divide meat evenly between serving bowls and top with hot broth. Add a small handful of tortilla strips and sprinkle with cilantro. Cut half of final lime into wheels and remaining half into wedges. Add lime wheels to soup and serve immediately with wedges on the side.

Attachments

• 8069D21B-B6DE-49C3-A9DE-BD8F0567F708.jpeg
    8069D21B-B6DE-49C3-A9DE-BD8F0567F708.jpeg
    226.9 KB · Views: 35
This one is super easy and delicious. I eat it with jasmine rice

Attachments

• AB7C1D94-B963-4DEF-BE68-1999004F60C7.jpeg
    AB7C1D94-B963-4DEF-BE68-1999004F60C7.jpeg
    154.6 KB · Views: 36
This one is bomb and can be done with chicken breast as well.Marshallese chicken

I learned this recipe from a buddy I work with. It comes from the Marshal islands and it’s amazing. You can use any chicken pieces you like...but I tend to like dark meat because it has more flavor

Ingredients
As many chicken pieces as you need
6 whole oranges
1 yellow onion
5 cloves garlic
1 small piece of fresh ginger peeled. About the size of a marble
1/4 cup soy sauce
.5 tsp liquid smoke(or smoke then instead of roasting)
1 can of sprite or other citrus soda
Salt and pepper

Juice all of the oranges into a blender. Add the garlic and onion and ginger and blend. Pour it all over the chicken in a large bowl. Add the orange rinds as well as all the other ingredients. Marinate overnight...or for at least 4 hours

Roast on a rack in the oven at 400 degrees until done. Depending on the size of your chicken pieces this may be 30-45 minutes

Serve with rice or whatever else you like and enjoy!!!

Attachments

• 197E6828-1E5E-4595-8920-E2C95D675E24.jpeg
    197E6828-1E5E-4595-8920-E2C95D675E24.jpeg
    172.4 KB · Views: 37
Try this one

Poke bowls!!!

1/2 lb of good quality salmon or ahi tuna
Carrots julienned into thin strips
Thin slice radishes
Sliced avocados
Sliced cucumber
Green onions
1-2 tsp sriracha
1.5 tbl soy sauce
.5 tsp sesame oil
Cooked seasoned rice

Chop your fish into smallish half inch pieces. In a bowl, add 1-2 tsp of sriracha or chili garlic sauce, 1.5 tbl soy sauce, and a bunch of chopped green onions and stir to combine. If you like the creamy poke....add 1 tbl mayonnaise to the marinade

Cook rice of your choice until done. Add .5 tbl sugar, 1 tbl rice vinegar and stir to coat.
Place a scoop of rice in a bowl. Top with fish and arrange the rest of your veggies. Top with toasted sesame seeds and enjoy

Stealing this for sure. After Hawaii; Poke Bowls and Loco Moco became my 2 favorites!!
{and white chocolate, blueberry, vanilla, macadamia pancakes } lol

Max

If you’ve got anything specific you’d like to have, I’d be happy to come up with a recipe for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Stealing this for sure. After Hawaii; Poke Bowls and Loco Moco became my 2 favorites!!
{and white chocolate, blueberry, vanilla, macadamia pancakes } lol

Max
Man I love me some loco moco. That gravy mixed with the egg yolk over rice is the best

If you’ve got anything specific you’d like to have, I’d be happy to come up with a recipe for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Man I love me some loco moco. That gravy mixed with the egg yolk over rice is the best

How you make this loco mock? Sounds good lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How you make this loco mock? Sounds good lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1877a361b1a2ac96abff4136ee268c6a.jpg
This is Loco Moco: ground beef patties, onions shredded in brown gravy over white rice w 2 over easy eggs.

Max

1877a361b1a2ac96abff4136ee268c6a.jpg
This is Loco Moco: ground beef patties, onions shredded in brown gravy over white rice w 2 over easy eggs.

Max
Great bodybuilder dish right here.. I went to Hawaii last year and had this..I guess it's a staple over there..it was fire for sure

Sent from my 6062W using Tapatalk

Great bodybuilder dish right here.. I went to Hawaii last year and had this..I guess it's a staple over there..it was fire for sure

Sent from my 6062W using Tapatalk

Breakfast, Lunch, or Dinner!

Max

Get Shredded!
You looking for anything in particular? I love to cook and have tons of good recipes
Post'em up homie.. Love to try something new.. I'll give some feedback..

Looking for more alternatives for ground turkey.. got anything?

Back