• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Test E vs Test Cyp - Homebrewing

TrenTrain

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
So I’m just learning all about homebrewing and I want to know how many of you guys prefer test e or cyp. I’ve heard that test e has problems sometimes but I’ve also heard that cyp doesn’t like to hold without EO. For a beginner which one would be the best bet to try first. And what is people’s main objection to having to add the EO? Does it just cause more pip or something?

E is super easy

Depending where you get your raws from the cyp will hold just fine. It's all I make anymore. Test E is very easy to make, when I did make it I used 2/5 BA/BB with e there is no reason to add to many solvents imo. With Miglyol.... It's even easier. My cyp hold just fine at 250mg/ml with zero EO. I don't like eo personally

I’ll go with the test E for my first batch then. And go from there. I really want to make this homebrewing thing work. Thanks for the advice everyone

Depending where you get your raws from the cyp will hold just fine. It's all I make anymore. Test E is very easy to make, when I did make it I used 2/5 BA/BB with e there is no reason to add to many solvents imo. With Miglyol.... It's even easier. My cyp hold just fine at 250mg/ml with zero EO. I don't like eo personally

Lucky. I was not able to get 2/18 cyp to hold at 250mg. More likely it would have taken 20 to 22% BB but I would bump it to 25 just to be sure.

Try brewing some beer first. If you nail it then step up to the test

- - - Updated - - -

If the beer thing doesn't pay off try tea

Lucky. I was not able to get 2/18 cyp to hold at 250mg. More likely it would have taken 20 to 22% BB but I would bump it to 25 just to be sure.

Curious wouldn’t that high of a BB cause more PIP?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Curious wouldn’t that high of a BB cause more PIP?

I've taken it all the way up to 25% on some high dosed prop and I haven't had any issues. BB doesn't bother me but the less I can get away with the better just because it's another chemical that's going into your body. At that point it might not mean much but I always try to get away with the least amount as possible. It's always a balancing act of keeping it in solution and keeping the solvents at a low percentage.

IML Gear Cream!
I've taken it all the way up to 25% on some high dosed prop and I haven't had any issues. BB doesn't bother me but the less I can get away with the better just because it's another chemical that's going into your body. At that point it might not mean much but I always try to get away with the least amount as possible. It's always a balancing act of keeping it in solution and keeping the solvents at a low percentage.

Roger that, thank you for the info

A source I've used for a several years now makes everything with BA and EO only. I've never had one issue and it's always really smooth and thin to pin. Really thinking about brewing my own and have been looking at forums for the past several months. Brewing seems like a fairly simple process when you get everything in order and figure out the % and oils needed but would hate to start out without a screw up. Everyone seems to say E is way easier than C at 250mg/ml. Should there be any issue brewing if BA @ 2% and EO were the only things used for the brew?

Just stick with BA/BB IMO. No need to introduce EO. Use MCT if you want a thinner oil.

From what I’ve gathered MCT and GSO are two of the more popular choices. Will the oil have any determination on whether or not it holds? Or just the consistency and PIP differences. Like will GSO make things hold better or some other one?

Seems like a lot of people stand behind the MCT and I'm not sure if I've ever ran anything that they used MCT as the carrier. I know with EO as the solvent and carrier I have never had an issue and is there a good reason not to use EO only and instead use BB and MCT? I'm a creature of habit and if it's been working all this time I hate to change it. I guess my question would be, is it or would it be easier or harder to actually brew and to get it to hold using EO only? Pros and cons?

Seems like a lot of people stand behind the MCT and I'm not sure if I've ever ran anything that they used MCT as the carrier. I know with EO as the solvent and carrier I have never had an issue and is there a good reason not to use EO only and instead use BB and MCT? I'm a creature of habit and if it's been working all this time I hate to change it. I guess my question would be, is it or would it be easier or harder to actually brew and to get it to hold using EO only? Pros and cons?

I’ve tried most carriers... I had some Sust 350 from a source off a different forum made with EO.. and it didn’t bother me one bit, took down three vials. Got my friend one bottle of it and he couldn’t handle it, maybe allergic. Now MCT and MIg are the only things I’ll touch, so smooth. GSO and CSO I hear are the best as far as shelf life.

IME MCT will help hold it better than GSO. For some reason it seems the thinner the oil, the better it holds. Mig is at the top but I still haven't used it because MCT treats me so well.

Get Shredded!
So MCT is the way to go for a complete beginner then? I like thinner oil anyway.

I agree MCT is awesome... MIG is my favorite but I guess some people are allergic, like 1/100

What brand of MCT oil would you guys recommend? I hear there’s a lot of inconsistencies with MCT oils because MCTs can come from different sources so the oils are all different?

Just stick with BA/BB IMO. No need to introduce EO. Use MCT if you want a thinner oil.

This! right here.

I heard Basskiller has a website with a powder calculator on it. If I was a brewing my own gear I would just use that and not mess with the values that are already in there for BA and BB.

I also heard that your should measure out your solvents in your beaker first then add the powder to the beaker of solvents, apply heat and stir until dissolved. Then add your oil, apply heat and stir until hazyness dissipates. My friend tells me this works everytime :twothumbs:

What brand of MCT oil would you guys recommend? I hear there’s a lot of inconsistencies with MCT oils because MCTs can come from different sources so the oils are all different?

Yes there is a lot of inconsistencies with food grade MCT, can have sediment and be dirty. Best to use Pharmaceutical grade like at Medlabgear

Last edited:
E and C are just about the same . But in the winter C will crash in cold weather easier

Won't need EO at all.

Keep the dosage at 250mg per mL

My brew is 50mL vial

250mg per mL
12000mg Test Cyp Powder
1mL BA
9mL BB
GSO

I always brew Test E/Cyp/SUS all at 250mg per mL
Test P is 100mg per mL because its a shorter ester

Back