• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Power lifter -> Bodybuilder: From the Hospital to the Stage

I need to get like that!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What are you talking about? You often hear me mention now and then how I see 180-190 pounders that look like 215's-220's all the time.. You're one of them kid.. You are a big 190 pounder, don't sell yourself short man. You look great!

What are you talking about? You often hear me mention now and then how I see 180-190 pounders that look like 215's-220's all the time.. You're one of them kid.. You are a big 190 pounder, don't sell yourself short man. You look great!

Thanks bro that means a lot coming from you!!

I know when I look at Kyle, I say, "that's a big mother fucker." I look at myself and think, "I look decent, but I've got a long way to go."
Funny thing is, I know Kyle's big ass looks at himself in the mirror and thinks, "I look decent, but I've got a long way to go!!"
It's crazy, but true!!!

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

View attachment 50306

When I look at myself I think I’ve got miles to go, and it’s frustrating as all hell

no matter what, we will always see room for improvement.. if you went back to many many years and tell/show the old you where you are today, you would be stoked to know that you are where you are at now..same applies for the next few years..

https://youtu.be/-ZKDMMCq4E8

515 smooth squat single today
Closing out this mesocycle 1 week early, recovery isn’t quite keeping up with the work I’m putting in.

We need these numbers to grow, can’t do that if I’m beat to high hell

https://youtu.be/OmBsrNmoPfU

7x3 at 365 yesterday
For frame of reference I hit 395 for 7x2 when I benched 490 in competition.
Going to deload early and then do another wave building some volume, but want to heal up and recover some first

Hey everyone, I was in a deload but the gym today announced that after today it’s closed until at the least the end of March.

I took about 5 days off and wasn’t planning on training until next week, but with the now extended time off I decided to get a workout in and push today a bit further than normal.

My goal was to see how heavy I could go while keeping the rep speedy.

Well, I was pleasantly surprised so here’s a comparison video.

Video 1: strength block in the competition that I benched 490. This is 430lbs
Video 2: today in a volume block where, due to an extended deload, I decided to feel something heavier. This is 435lbs

Not gonna lie, I’m pleasantly surprised and it goes to show as well how good PSL gear is.

I’m recovering good, I’m strong, and I’m moving my old strength block load +lbs with relative smoothness when I’m not even in a strength block.

Things are looking good
Time to deload and recover

Stay safe with the covid crisis

https://youtu.be/zb4HaPyoaaA

Yes alot of gyms across the country are closing for a good while. If you got a home gym that should keep you going. This whole thing sure sucks!

However you sure made great progress from that hospital bed tho. Keep grinding!!!

Hey everyone, I was in a deload but the gym today announced that after today it’s closed until at the least the end of March.

I took about 5 days off and wasn’t planning on training until next week, but with the now extended time off I decided to get a workout in and push today a bit further than normal.

My goal was to see how heavy I could go while keeping the rep speedy.

Well, I was pleasantly surprised so here’s a comparison video.

Video 1: strength block in the competition that I benched 490. This is 430lbs
Video 2: today in a volume block where, due to an extended deload, I decided to feel something heavier. This is 435lbs

Not gonna lie, I’m pleasantly surprised and it goes to show as well how good PSL gear is.

I’m recovering good, I’m strong, and I’m moving my old strength block load +lbs with relative smoothness when I’m not even in a strength block.

Things are looking good
Time to deload and recover

Stay safe with the covid crisis

https://youtu.be/zb4HaPyoaaA

Stay safe yourself...you really done great.

A3D18FE0-139C-459B-80A7-1AB967A6DCF1.jpg

~The Workout~
-High Density Push-up Routine-
Time: 25 Mins
Personal Goal: 500 push-ups
Goal Notes: Reps Subjective to the lifter and their strength/endurance. Keep in mind the energy systems being used here and this under normal circumstances would not be used close to a meet.
I've been a long time fan of pushups and have preached their use for improving the bench press. Anecdotally I feel like anything above 500-ish pushups I see very fast diminishing returns. I tend to involve them far out from a meet and usually as a tertiary movement in the 3-5 set range (wave loading) through a meso.
I felt like sharing this routine to be timely, being that CORONA workouts are currently a necessity.
Note: I would NOT do much else after this routine, if you do them with proper intent and really push the clock for your goal reps then you should be DEAD when done.
Stay safe out there, and remember... Bench Matters

7A419786-974D-437B-9172-EF064BF91C1C.jpg

How many people are stressed about not having access to the barbell, but have glaring weaknesses that can be revealed with a simple push-up? Lots, they just don’t want to admit to it.
Stop looking in envy at people who have gym equipment access and instead focus on what YOU have the direct power to improve on.
I’m benching well over 430lbs and my stress is pretty low and I have a clear path of progressions. You can too...
Here’s a workout with progressions that is guaranteed to keep you strong and explosive.
___
Set a timer for 25 minutes, your job is to do as many pushups in that 25 minutes as possible. Then improve on that!!!
-
Easy? Add a band... still easy? Add another band. I’ve got a band so big I bet you can’t do 20 reps, but you’re telling me you need a barbell? Bullshit.
-
My progressions volume day:
Week 1: 483 pushups no band
Week 2: 325 pushups with red band
Week 3: TBD with blue band
Week 4: black band 100 reps / drop to no band
Week 5: restart ! And hit PRs on weeks 1-4
That’s 8 weeks of savage high density
Volume guaranteed to prime you for bench PRs once the gym reopens!

How is everyone’s home training going?
Hoping everyone is staying safe and healthy!

CA57CCEF-D64D-4632-90C2-D589BCE639DF.jpg

Comment below for free workout advice and tips, or if you’re curious what and how I’m doing things. Just drop a comment below!

We’re all here to help each other through this epidemic

How is everyone's Quarantine Workouts going and how can I help?!?

Get Shredded!
How would you try to keep size and strength in your legs without access to squat rack or barbell?

asking for a friend.... 😬

Pushups
Timer: 15-25 minutes (Depending on conditioning)
Do as many pushups as you can in specified time period.
Keep a rough idea of how many reps were sloppy and try to improve on that week to week, but DON’T get excessively caught up in it. The idea, for example, is 25 minutes of brutality. Not to cut your reps short by 100 reps and increase your rest time x10 because you want each rep to be beautifully executed.

Now the next step is to do a damn workout and set a starting performance baseline. Once you do this set realistic goals and a plan of improvement, there are two primary paths:
1) Increase the number of reps performed
2) Increase the difficulty of the workout
a. Increase feet elevation
b. Add weight to your back
c. My personal favorite use a band wrapped around you.
Remember you should always be trying to get quality reps each workout and improve on that some, the timer isn’t an excuse for every rep to look like a bunny hop, but when your dead and some hops are all that’s left in the tank, that’s okay. I think the best advice here just to be honest with yourself.
The goal isn’t as many reps as possible in 1 shot. Instead, you should have a plan on how to pace yourself throughout the chosen selected time period, even alternating your sets difficulty by changing reps or setting a reasonable pace and completing the workout with quite a bit of quality reps accumulated set after set.
Some example workouts
Increasing the reps each workout
Rina started week 1 with a baseline of 80 pushups performed in 15 minutes. So we set a gradual progression.
Week 1 80
Week 2 102 Completed
Week 3 133 Completed
Week 4 150 ~Goal

An example of increasing difficulty can be adding a band around you. For example, I did:
Week 1: Bodyweight
Week2: Red Band
Week 3: Blue band
Week 4: Black band 100 reps then bodyweight pushups until timer goes off. When I performed this 4 week wave I used a timer of 25 minutes.

How would you try to keep size and strength in your legs without access to squat rack or barbell?

asking for a friend.... 

Hey man!

So legs will require a bit of work just like upper body. I would do about 2-3 workouts a week, depending on your conditioning 1 of those workouts would involve explosive movements.

The explosive movement assumes you can squat at least 1.5-2x your bodyweight and don't have angry knees.

Workout 1:
Very High Rep body squats, improve the rep count week to week.
For example, week 1 - 200 reps. By week 4 you should be doing at least 250-275 reps
Calf Raises, perform 3-4 sets full extension and as many reps as necessary to get a nice good burn.

Workout 2:
Warmup
Explosive component. Find something you can jump up on to
8x3 (8 sets of 3 reps) jumping up to something of a reasonable height. Squat down nice and tight like a coiled spring in your actual squat position, then explode up on to something. solid bench, picnic table, etc. Height should be appropriate for your skill level.
then I would do single leg skill development. So Lunges, Split Squat variations, single leg squats (use assistance if needed).

Workout 3:
Sumo body weight Squats (maybe 75% of the total reps performed on workout 1)
Single leg skill development
Calf Raises

Hope that helps, feel free to ask anymore questions

[FONT=&quot]~The Bench Press~
COVID-19 has tasked all of us to challenge our training knowledge and find new exciting ways to train and challenge ourselves. If you fancy yourself a ‘powerlifter’ or bencher (ME!) you have two primary goals.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1) Maintain as much strength output as possible[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2) Grow some new baby muscles where you can[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]As my go-to exercise I chose Pushups, it only made sense. I have been writing and preaching that Pushups can do wonders for bench, especially since it is a compound movement, scalable (to an extent), and works the same damn muscles as the BENCH.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]As Lockdown approaches an end (I hope) I needed to get an assessment workout in to see:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1) If my pushup routine implementation was effective at preserving my strength[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2) Where my programming should start once gyms open. Starting points are kinda a big deal. I promise.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I put some feelers out and thankfully _______ was [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]So What’s what now?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]March 20[SUP]th[/SUP] 435 2x1 – Extremely Fast[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]April 27[SUP]th[/SUP] 445 2x1 – A bit grindy on the 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thoughts?
Its expected my bench is a bit down from March 20[SUP]th[/SUP] when I was in full training mode.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Today I haven’t benched in over a month and have a bit of rust so I am extremely satisfied with 445.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Today tells me that my Pushup routine DOES have a very good dynamic correspondence to my bench (hence I haven’t had a big reduction in output) and that when I go back to training I can pretty much start my bench back at my last weeks of training before gyms closed. I was able to preserve that much strength despite not having touched a bench press in over a month.[/FONT]
Take this, stew on it and ask yourself… What could YOU have done to better improve yourself during this downtime.

Jesus when are the gyms going to open!?!?!?!

Lol it’s not looking good man. I had to resort to a private home gym of someone I know. Small but has a good amount of equipment where I’m def not going to get huge but I certainly won’t lose size.
Hope your staying safe big guy!

Just placed my order for a new PSL Cycle, going to just add some Tren and cut a bit.
Summer is here boys... :) and girls ;)

Obviously my competition is pending rescheduling. South Florida is still on lockdown.

Hey everyone! So sometimes I think we, or I, take volume for granted and fail to really think about the consequences of the type of volume we do.

I am trying to wrap my brain more around two types of volume,

Volume 1:
High Sets / Mediumish reps. For example 20-30 sets of pushups at 15-30 reps. My sweet spot would be around 20.
I can do 483 pushups in 25 minutes, broken up around that range.

We therefore have a high amount of sets, with enough reps in reserve to be able to do more and more of those sets. My girlfriend for example did
140 pushups in 15 minutes rough average 10 reps per set

Volume 2:
Very low sets / High reps
Example today I did a series of low rest pushups (elevated to make them slightly harder) and did
50, 30ish, 25ish, 22ish, 18ish, 15,ish 12,ish done.

two very different approaches to high volume, am curious on how they differ fromo a recovery perspective etc
I feel like I am over simplyifying

I can personally say from a "sore" perspective "volume 2" above is about as equally painful as some of my volume 1 workouts.

Food for thought
Volume for thought

Hey everyone! So sometimes I think we, or I, take volume for granted and fail to really think about the consequences of the type of volume we do.

I am trying to wrap my brain more around two types of volume,

Volume 1:
High Sets / Mediumish reps. For example 20-30 sets of pushups at 15-30 reps. My sweet spot would be around 20.
I can do 483 pushups in 25 minutes, broken up around that range.

We therefore have a high amount of sets, with enough reps in reserve to be able to do more and more of those sets. My girlfriend for example did
140 pushups in 15 minutes rough average 10 reps per set

Volume 2:
Very low sets / High reps
Example today I did a series of low rest pushups (elevated to make them slightly harder) and did
50, 30ish, 25ish, 22ish, 18ish, 15,ish 12,ish done.

two very different approaches to high volume, am curious on how they differ fromo a recovery perspective etc
I feel like I am over simplyifying

I can personally say from a "sore" perspective "volume 2" above is about as equally painful as some of my volume 1 workouts.

Food for thought
Volume for thought
I've always been curious at what point does overall volume stop being as effective? For example lets use bench press. Doing 60 reps total of 200 lbs. Your overall volume would be 12,000. Most would consider that an effective workout. Now lets say you hit 12,000 in a different way with super light weight. Lets say you bench 20 lbs for 600 reps. Volume is exactly the same but weight is 1/10 of before. Are you going to get the same results? Or at some point does the amount of weight actually matter?

This would be a good time for people to experiment with this as a lot of us do not have access to weights.

Adjustments.jpg
Gyms reopen Monday, snuck in a private gym today and got a really good session so that my starting point is identified.

PSL Gear is top notch, been cruising on test and anavar during the downtime and am feeling great. Now that gyms are opening time to increase my dosage and get back on the road to the competition

Waiting for my PSL cycle to get shipped and we’re all to the races !

Back