• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Does Proviron Improve Anabolic Effect of Steroids?

Arnold

Numero Uno
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Does Proviron increase or reduce the anabolic effect of the steroids?

At one time it was a commonly held belief that Proviron was an anti-anabolic steroid – that it reduced the anabolic effect of other steroids. I believe Dan Duchaine’s Underground Steroid Handbook II was the first to popularize this theory. In it, Dan comments that Proviron itself has little anabolic value. Noting that it is also binds the androgen receptor with high affinity, he further concluded that it must act as a blocking agent, incapable of imparting a strong anabolic effect, and at the same time preventing other (more anabolic) steroids from binding the receptor. The conclusion seemed logical, but it turned out that Dan was only partly correct. Proviron indeed has little anabolic value by itself. Studies that were uncovered much later, however, would give a different explanation as to why. As it turned out, the poor anabolic potency of Proviron was caused by the drug being very rapidly metabolized to inactive metabolites in skeletal muscle tissue, not issues with receptor activation or transcription. While Proviron could bind the androgen receptor very avidly and impart a normal anabolic message to the cell, in this area of the body very little drug will actually make it to the receptor to do so. So, alas, Proviron is not the anti-anabolic agent we once thought it to be (but it is still a weak anabolic).

This leaves us with the other side of your question. Does it increase the anabolic potency of other steroids? The answer is that it may to some extent, but it depends on the context. The main trait we are looking at here is the high binding affinity Proviron has for SHBG (sex hormone binding globulin). SHBG is a protein that binds to and temporarily prevents anabolic/androgenic steroids from activating their receptors. The higher the percentage of unbound steroid in the blood, the more active the steroid is going to be in the body. Given that Proviron binds to SHBG so strongly, perhaps more strongly that any commercial steroid known, it may displace other steroids that also like to bind this protein. With Proviron beating the other molecules to the seat, so to speak, it is forcing a greater percentage to remain in a free (active) state. This is, of course, essentially the same thing Duchaine first proposed, but with a different target site and outcome.

Testosterone is a good drug for stacking Proviron with in this regard, as it likes to bind SHBG. Many other synthetic steroids, however, bind with SHBG in much lower percentages. So depending on the other steroid(s) taken, the impact of Proviron will range from “noticeable” to “very slight if any at all”.

Great read.

Proviron works quite well for me with the test esters I run. Whenever I add 25 mg per day to my TRT, my SHBG drops from high to "low" levels on blood tests and Free Test is often a few points above the reference range. I can feel it in the gym and with the Mrs. I can only imagine what 50 mg or more per day might do.

I've never tried Masteron but thinking of giving that a whirl in a few months. Not sure about the dosage, maybe you guys can suggest. I use about 160 mg Test Cyp per week. How much Masteron would be appropriate to add?

Great read.

Proviron works quite well for me with the test esters I run. Whenever I add 25 mg per day to my TRT, my SHBG drops from high to "low" levels on blood tests and Free Test is often a few points above the reference range. I can feel it in the gym and with the Mrs. I can only imagine what 50 mg or more per day might do.

I've never tried Masteron but thinking of giving that a whirl in a few months. Not sure about the dosage, maybe you guys can suggest. I use about 160 mg Test Cyp per week. How much Masteron would be appropriate to add?

Masteron works great the lower the bf you are and usually a decent dose as well, being 500+mg. Idk if there’s much benefit of running it at 200mg or less. I’ve personally never ran it that low.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slightly off topic, but has anyone seen any info/data for different steroids binding affinity to SHBG? I've seen info on aromatization and conversion to DHT/DHB, but not SHBG?

I'm assuming only testosterone derivatives need to worry about this?

thanks

Interesting. It's known to enhance Test, does it do the opposite for other compounds? As of now i am running 700mg NPP wk, 900mg SUST wk, 50mg WINSTROL OIL ed, 5iu GH ed, 500iu HCG e4d, 50mg ANADROL ed for 21 days and 50 mg PROVIRON ed. So far so good, no complaints, especially in the bedroom. I have absolutely Zero sides from the nandrolone. I have to give proviron some credit for that. But my question is could i actually be doing better? Could i get more out of my gear by removing the PROVIRON? Chance the Nandro sides? After reading the article, i'm definately curious

Interesting. It's known to enhance Test, does it do the opposite for other compounds? As of now i am running 700mg NPP wk, 900mg SUST wk, 50mg WINSTROL OIL ed, 5iu GH ed, 500iu HCG e4d, 50mg ANADROL ed for 21 days and 50 mg PROVIRON ed. So far so good, no complaints, especially in the bedroom. I have absolutely Zero sides from the nandrolone. I have to give proviron some credit for that. But my question is could i actually be doing better? Could i get more out of my gear by removing the PROVIRON? Chance the Nandro sides? After reading the article, i'm definately curious
I run proviron constantly on cycle and if I have some left over I'll run it on trt. Love it

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk

I run proviron constantly on cycle and if I have some left over I'll run it on trt. Love it

I love the stuff also. Just curious if it's blocking other compounds like the article suggests.

Sent from my Z839 using Tapatalk

Nah, proviron increases free test. I've never gotten deca dick since I started running with every cycle. I dont consider it a steroid as much a ancillary

IML Gear Cream!
I always run Proviron....or mast when I run nandrolones. IMO it’s a must.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm running 150 nandrolone now with 150 trt dosage, how much masteron would be useful do you think? Don't have the decca dick yet, but definitely don't feel as good as I did when I had proviron in my routine.

[I always run Proviron....or mast when I run nandrolones. IMO it’s a must.]

Last edited:
Nah, proviron increases free test. I've never gotten deca dick since I started running with every cycle. I dont consider it a steroid as much a ancillary

Nice. The Nandrolone isn't bothering me at all either. And it's definitely good NPP. Feral makes a great product. Thanks for the input brother...

Sent from my Z839 using Tapatalk

Back