Is Fascia Stretching Mandatory?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Rep Points

Is Fascia Stretching Mandatory?

to continue to put on lean muscle? Or will it stretch as you grow your muscle with proper workout and nutrition?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    462 Posts
    Rep Points

I'm curious too. Haven't seen any studies or conclusive remarks on it, but my sense is that it's a big limiting factor and might be the main benefit you get out of getting a pump.

NO LIMITS.
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,851 Posts
    Rep Points

I have no studies for you guys however I try many types and styles of training over many years of experience.... I often rotate training styles, and practice my own or a version of “fascia stretching” now for several years and suffice to say it has worked very well for me. Now days I train to maintain my current health, size and strength but I can testify to “fascia training” aiding in increased muscle size, adding a more dense mature look to muscle and overall it’s a great way to train. Be prepared to be SORE.

btw, I’m currently incorporating Yoga into my training and mixing up weight lifting with 10minute, 4 mile spin bike bursts... I love it... Im staying leaner with no changes to my food and I’m way more flexible than Ive ever been in my adult life. Currently, I’m on a huge push for increased mobility. YOGA is not for the faint hearted man, that stuff is brutal. The increased ability of breathing alone is worth the cost of admission, the benefits I am seeing training this way are nothing short of fantastic. If you’re looking for a new style or just want a fun way to train, I recommend stepping outside the box... the ol brainwashed methods are effective but there’s more than one way to skin a cat
    Last edited by HFO3; 01-12-2020 at 04:12 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,784 Posts
    Rep Points

Type into google : FST7 program- Hany Rambod. It is a program that he created.
    FST7 (stands for Fascia Stretch Training 7)*
    I am sure your familiar with it already but maybe it will help another member.

Max

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by maxmuscle1 View Post
    Type into google : FST7 program- Hany Rambod. It is a program that he created.
    FST7 (stands for Fascia Stretch Training 7)*
    I am sure your familiar with it already but maybe it will help another member.

Max
    This is a great program, I have been utilizing it off and on for a few years and see gains every time. Workouts tend to only be about 45 as well (besides legs) which makes it easy if your limited on time.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,784 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by SiliconeSack View Post
    This is a great program, I have been utilizing it off and on for a few years and see gains every time. Workouts tend to only be about 45 as well (besides legs) which makes it easy if your limited on time.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk
    Yeah, he has been very successful with his program. It definitely can help people in a time crunch. His FST-7 system has helped his clients win a total of 19 Olympia titles, champions includes Mr. Olympia winners, Ms. Figure Olympia winners, 202 Olympia Winner as well as four-time Physique Olympia winner Jeremy Buendia.

They are all worth trying to see what works for an individual.

Max

NO LIMITS.
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,851 Posts
    Rep Points

I love using FST-7

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    462 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by HFO3 View Post
    I have no studies for you guys however I try many types and styles of training over many years of experience.... I often rotate training styles, and practice my own or a version of “fascia stretching” now for several years and suffice to say it has worked very well for me. Now days I train to maintain my current health, size and strength but I can testify to “fascia training” aiding in increased muscle size, adding a more dense mature look to muscle and overall it’s a great way to train. Be prepared to be SORE.

btw, I’m currently incorporating Yoga into my training and mixing up weight lifting with 10minute, 4 mile spin bike bursts... I love it... Im staying leaner with no changes to my food and I’m way more flexible than Ive ever been in my adult life. Currently, I’m on a huge push for increased mobility. YOGA is not for the faint hearted man, that stuff is brutal. The increased ability of breathing alone is worth the cost of admission, the benefits I am seeing training this way are nothing short of fantastic. If you’re looking for a new style or just want a fun way to train, I recommend stepping outside the box... the ol brainwashed methods are effective but there’s more than one way to skin a cat
    The image of a big bodybuilder in a yoga class cracks me up. Do you get guff for it?

I wouldn't've thought of yoga as helping for fascia but makes perfect sense. And flexibility is gonna be a huge injury prevention move among other benefits. I gotta start...