• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

What's the dumbest "advice" or "fact" that you heard someone give at the gym?

jozifp103

Board Rep
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
What's the dumbest "advice" or "fact" that you heard someone give at the gym?

I'll start with mine.

Back in college we had this kid that was always at the gym. I never knew his name but I referred to him as "Chad" because he looked and acted like a Chad. He was about 6'2" and 150lbs. He was cut I'll give him that but that's because he's 6'2" and probably doesn't eat. Anyways he'd walk around the gym like he owned the place and always gave unsolicited advice in a "nice" but condescending way like "Bro let me help you with your form so you don't hurt yourself." Basically fuck this douche.

Anyway I was watching him spot some new kid on the bench press. He straight up told the kid while he was pressing to lift his legs up off the floor and point them upwards while he lifts because your body stores testosterone in your legs and if you lift them up gravity will cause the testosterone to flow into your upper body and fuel your upper body while you lift.

I damn near almost pooped my pants.

Anyone else hear some ridiculous shit?

I'll start with mine.

Back in college we had this kid that was always at the gym. I never knew his name but I referred to him as "Chad" because he looked and acted like a Chad. He was about 6'2" and 150lbs. He was cut I'll give him that but that's because he's 6'2" and probably doesn't eat. Anyways he'd walk around the gym like he owned the place and always gave unsolicited advice in a "nice" but condescending way like "Bro let me help you with your form so you don't hurt yourself." Basically fuck this douche.

Anyway I was watching him spot some new kid on the bench press. He straight up told the kid while he was pressing to lift his legs up off the floor and point them upwards while he lifts because your body stores testosterone in your legs and if you lift them up gravity will cause the testosterone to flow into your upper body and fuel your upper body while you lift.

That’s awesome I’m going to have to bench like that now to use up all this testosterone I’m not using!! I generally stuff my head phones into my brain so I can’t hear anyone and try not to talk to anyone lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah i usually try to keep headphones in at all times to keep from hearing people. Even if my headphones are dead i will still keep them in. However you definitely see PLENTY of ridiculous shit especially around now with all the new members.

I'll start with mine.

So thats the trick!!

I think he was referring to “toestosterone”, so you gotta get them in the air to get it flowing.

These threads are always great.

I used to place big orders of supps for people here and distribute them. One guy told me he was now buying this certain whey protein at Costco. “It has more aminos.”
I asked “More aminos than what?”
I eventually drew out a simple circle diagram of peptides>aminos>protein.

I overheard a “trainer” in Washington describing to his client how he was hitting her rhomboids. I thought, gr eat, a tiny muscle she will never, ever see.
I dunno, maybe she was a mover and needed to train it?

Last edited:
We have a contest coach right now at my gym who is telling guys to not run Ai when doing off season bulking. His guys are using nolva only, 10mgs ed.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk

We have a contest coach right now at my gym who is telling guys to not run Ai when doing off season bulking. His guys are using nolva only, 10mgs ed.

I’d pass on that brilliant idea! Lol

When I was young I would listen and chat in the gym.. I heard so many moronic things, nothing stands out off the top of my head.. Anymore now, I look unapproachable, and people don't really chat, and I avoid eye contact.. I do head nods and fast waves.. people know I just want in and out.. I don't have time to listen to crap. When I was young, Christ, I was a sucker!
If I'm done and cross paths on the way out, sure, I'll chat someones ear off for entertainment value.. I like chatting with the old people, best convos ever..

IML Gear Cream!

Nothing wrong with that. What do you think guys ran before AIs?

Nothing wrong with that. What do you think guys ran before AIs?
Actually, I've been impressed by some the gains that one of them has been making. I talked to coach and his bro science makes valid points. I just know what high estrogen is like and man am I glad those days are over

Actually, I've been impressed by some the gains that one of them has been making. I talked to coach and his bro science makes valid points. I just know what high estrogen is like and man am I glad those days are over

Bloated, BP screaming, crying at commercials. Fuck that

I also used to not run ais in the beginning but as you get older you realize it doesnt have to be like that hahaha

No really Dumb but funny story. This young kid was asking a personal trainer what machine he recommended to get girls. He walked him to the window pointed at store and said the ATM machine a crossed the street. I almost pissed myself was laughing so hard.

Now that’s funny

That’s awesome I’m going to have to bench like that now to use up all this testosterone I’m not using!! I generally stuff my head phones into my brain so I can’t hear anyone and try not to talk to anyone lol

Yeah i usually try to keep headphones in at all times to keep from hearing people. Even if my headphones are dead i will still keep them in. However you definitely see PLENTY of ridiculous shit especially around now with all the new members.

Yep same here. Always got metal blasting at 100% in my earbuds. Sometimes you get that weird sense that you can just feel someone is trying to talk to you but with headphones you have plausible deniability.

Sometimes I'll even stick my earbuds in and forget to turn my music on for half my workout and my brain naturally plays songs in my head while I workout. It's the weirdest thing but I'll even nod my head like I'm listening to a song but really my music is off and it's just playing in my head. Anyone else have this weird phenomenon?
That’s not how it works 藍藍
Tell that to Chad. He knows everything.

I do believe there is some merit to that. I know that crushing your E2 into the ground will hinder gains. You definitely need estrogen to grow, but I'm sure there's a point where you have more than enough and the rest is just causing issues. I can tell you that letting your E2 run rampant will certainly make you look "bulkier" on a bulk. It will make you hold a ton of water which I suppose is actually good for pumps, glycogen uptake, and overall hypertrophy due to stretching and micro-tearing of the muscle fascia. Of course everything I said is total bro-science except for the fact that we DO need estrogen to grow for one reason or another.
Not gear related but at my old job someone said "The leading cause of heart disease is plaque in your arteries. That's why I brush my teeth 3x per day."

I was done.
Bro I know it sounds ridiculous but honestly he's right. The plaque that clogs your arteries is the same plaque that builds up on your teeth. There have actually been a lot of heart attacks linked to poor dental hygiene. I kid you not. If I'd never actually read up on this I'd be just as quick to call this guy an idiot.

Now whether he actually knows this info or not is another story. He could have just made it up in his own head not knowing that he was actually correct. So in your defense he very well may still be an idiot.

When I was young I would listen and chat in the gym.. I heard so many moronic things, nothing stands out off the top of my head.. Anymore now, I look unapproachable, and people don't really chat, and I avoid eye contact.. I do head nods and fast waves.. people know I just want in and out.. I don't have time to listen to crap. When I was young, Christ, I was a sucker!
If I'm done and cross paths on the way out, sure, I'll chat someones ear off for entertainment value.. I like chatting with the old people, best convos ever..
Yes unless they're ass naked with their hands on their hips telling you that they used to be built like you at your age. I don't particularly enjoy those situations lol.

First of all...no you weren't.
Second of all you've had 20 minutes in here and all you've managed to do was put flip flops on.
Bloated, BP screaming, crying at commercials. Fuck that

You aind kidding. My first ever cycle was without an AI. I cried during 2 movies with my girlfriend at the time. She loved my new-found sensitivity.
No really Dumb but funny story. This young kid was asking a personal trainer what machine he recommended to get girls. He walked him to the window pointed at store and said the ATM machine a crossed the street. I almost pissed myself was laughing so hard.
I'd probably categorize that under "solid advice" lol. If a woman had to choose between a fat, old, ugly rich guy and a young, ripped, handsome but broke guy....she'll take the old wrinkly balls to the chin every time.

Not really Broscience if your lab results support it.
No AI, no SERMs. 1050mg or 750mg test per week (I switched esters somewhere in there so it was one or the other but still only a 300mg delta).
Oh, and about age..I’m 56.

Attachments

• E190E57E-12F2-4D02-997D-A2907EBFA43D.jpeg
    E190E57E-12F2-4D02-997D-A2907EBFA43D.jpeg
    37.8 KB · Views: 52
Not really Broscience if your lab results support it.
No AI, no SERMs. 1050mg or 750mg test per week (I switched esters somewhere in there so it was one or the other but still only a 300mg delta).
Oh, and about age..I’m 56.
No I agree that high estrogen allows more growth. The bro science is that you can run high estrogen without hurting yourself. I believe long periods of high estrogen (through personal experience) is very taxing on body. Some people it will be worse than others also.

I think it’s about ratio too. With 3400 test, 67 E2 seems fine to me.

** It should be noted I’m not really a big converter.

Get Shredded!
Richard Simmons said lifting naked increases groin strength and golden showers will improve your skin tone.

I'll start with mine.

LMAO I will have to try that one until the bar comes crashing down on my face :banghead:. I know its still of some debate to others but a friend of mine told me not to aspirate because gear spreads faster through your veins into your muscles...

LMAO I will have to try that one until the bar comes crashing down on my face :banghead:. I know its still of some debate to others but a friend of mine told me not to aspirate because gear spreads faster through your veins into your muscles...
Hahaha not sure about your bro science on aspiration but no need to aspirate anyways.

Last edited:

Hahaha not sure about your bro science on aspiration but no need to aspirate anyways.

^^^Truth, aspirating is not necessary. That's old school thought. However your friends reasoning is just pure nonsense lol.

I have aspirated blood when injecting into my quad. I'm glad I did before pushing the Tren in because I think that would have been awful.

I have aspirated blood when injecting into my quad. I'm glad I did before pushing the Tren in because I think that would have been awful.
Probably wouldnt have been that bad. A little tren cough? Maybe

My ex is a nurse practitioner at dermatologist's office, they dont aspirate... at all lol.

That you should never take more than 0.8mg if protein per lb of lean body mass; he stated that I would go into kidney failure soon. He was wearing spandex and bench pressing everyday. Lol

Max

Back