Spike in Test

Thread: Spike in Test

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Rep Points

Spike in Test

I was put on TRT this past July and am currently attempting to get my TRT levels correct for currently the doctor has me on 200mg a month. He sent me to a Urologist to assist in this process but once the Urologist looked at my total T levels he stated that I should not be on T for my levels are good.

Here are my test results for total T:
    9/21/17: 190ng/dl
    2/17/18: 355ng/dl
    7/3/18: 310ng/dl
    7/9/19 466ng/dl

The Urologist pretty much ignored the older tests that were done and look at my July test only stating that my test showed that I was good. When I inquired as to why there was such a big jump from my other test results he did not have an answer and asked what I was doing differently. I told me all I been doing was exercising and trying to lose weight. The Urologist now wants to send me to go a Endocrinology clinic to have different tests done to see if I should remain on TRT.

What do you all say is it worth my time to go and see a Endo or just give up and go on my own in attempting to do TRT? Also does anyone have an explaination as to why I had such a big spike in my total T a year later?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    554 Posts
    Rep Points

I would always get more labs and see Endo just to rule things out. That’s what I’d do.

Then see what Endo offers. Mine offered 100mg a wk. Great! I shit up and took it. Then added to it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Rep Points

This is sort of my thinking as well but if they only go off test results then the Endo will be in agreement that I should not be on TRT.

What really sucks is in order for me to go to the doctors I have to take a day off of work due to the distance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Dimension02000 View Post
    This is sort of my thinking as well but if they only go off test results then the Endo will be in agreement that I should not be on TRT.

What really sucks is in order for me to go to the doctors I have to take a day off of work due to the distance.
    Sucks living in the sticks, huh? I feel ya.

Endo may not necessarily agree--depends on how versed they are in test levels. One doc may be happy to get you above 300 and another may get you into the 800-1000 "feel good" range. Playing the trt game gets old after awhile...been there, done that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Multislacking View Post
    Sucks living in the sticks, huh? I feel ya.

Endo may not necessarily agree--depends on how versed they are in test levels. One doc may be happy to get you above 300 and another may get you into the 800-1000 "feel good" range. Playing the trt game gets old after awhile...been there, done that.
    I assume the reason why I am having such a difficult time in getting a doctor to go beyond just what the test results show is that I am going through Kaiser insurance. I might have to suck it up and pay out of pocket or go about it on my own. I would prefer to go through insurance and have a doctor that is more than about making money.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Dimension02000 View Post
    I assume the reason why I am having such a difficult time in getting a doctor to go beyond just what the test results show is that I am going through Kaiser insurance. I might have to suck it up and pay out of pocket or go about it on my own. I would prefer to go through insurance and have a doctor that is more than about making money.
    Yep, unfortunately that is the other side of the coin in getting treated. Insurance dictates what the doctors do. Which is kind of fucked up imo. They also get to dictate how often you get tested (at least my doc back in the day blamed the insurance rules).

TBH, I had a pretty good doc and decent insurance, and I still got tired of playing their games. Just got to be a real hassle.