• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Three whole eggs provide more muscle growth than six proteins

Vision

Team supervisor P.S.L.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Three whole eggs provide 18 grams of protein and 17 grams of fat. Six egg proteins - so without the yolks - also provide 18 grams of protein, and nothing else. Based on that data you would think that bodybuilders benefit more from a meal with 6 egg proteins than from a meal with 3 whole eggs: just as many proteins for their muscle growth, but no fat that they have to lose again. But according to American sports scientists at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, it's not that simple.
Study

The researchers got 10 male students, who had experience with strength training, to train their legs on two occasions. The students were then given a meal with whole eggs on one occasion and a protein meal on the other.Results
When the researchers looked at the changes in leucine concentration in the blood of the test subjects, and calculated how much muscle mass the test subjects built up after their workout and egg intake, they saw no difference between the effect of the proteins and the whole eggs.
2QQCNsC.gif

Mapping the whole-body leucine metabolism is not the only way to determine whether someone is building muscle mass. You can also remove muscle cells from test subjects and look at the incorporation of labeled amino acids. Then you determine the myofibrillar protein synthesis rate . When the researchers did that, they saw that whole eggs increased the myofibrillar protein synthesis rate more than the proteins.
fA0dUSM.gif

Mechanism
The researchers do not understand exactly why whole eggs have a greater muscle-strengthening effect than proteins, but perhaps found an indication of a possible mechanism: the researchers found more activated p70S6K1 in the muscle cells of the subjects who had eaten whole eggs.

l0waZuQ.gif

Conclusion
" In conclusion, we show that postexercise myofibre protein synthesis rates are stimulated to a greater extent after the consumption of whole eggs than after the consumption of egg whites in healthy young men, despite being matched for protein content, " write the researchers.

" Future work is required to identify the potential role of nonprotein food components to contribute to the stimulation or postprandial muscle protein synthesis rates in humans ."
" This information is important because other nutritional components may contribute to food protein requirements and particularly when dietary protein is consumed in moderate amounts (15-20 g protein / meal) ."
Zeurpuntje
The meals were not isocaloric. So it could just be that a meal with six proteins and a little olive oil [let's just call you] has a completely different effect on muscle growth.

Sponsor
The study was funded by the US Department of Agriculture.

Source:
Am J Clin Nutr 2017; 106: 1401-12.

Consumption of whole eggs promotes greater stimulation of postexercise muscle protein synthesis than consumption of isonitrogenous amounts of egg whites in young men
(Read more here)

Three whole eggs provide 18 grams of protein and 17 grams of fat. Six egg proteins - so without the yolks - also provide 18 grams of protein, and nothing else. Based on that data you would think that bodybuilders benefit more from a meal with 6 egg proteins than from a meal with 3 whole eggs: just as many proteins for their muscle growth, but no fat that they have to lose again. But according to American sports scientists at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, it's not that simple.
Study

The researchers got 10 male students, who had experience with strength training, to train their legs on two occasions. The students were then given a meal with whole eggs on one occasion and a protein meal on the other.Results
When the researchers looked at the changes in leucine concentration in the blood of the test subjects, and calculated how much muscle mass the test subjects built up after their workout and egg intake, they saw no difference between the effect of the proteins and the whole eggs.
2QQCNsC.gif

Mapping the whole-body leucine metabolism is not the only way to determine whether someone is building muscle mass. You can also remove muscle cells from test subjects and look at the incorporation of labeled amino acids. Then you determine the myofibrillar protein synthesis rate . When the researchers did that, they saw that whole eggs increased the myofibrillar protein synthesis rate more than the proteins.
fA0dUSM.gif

Mechanism
The researchers do not understand exactly why whole eggs have a greater muscle-strengthening effect than proteins, but perhaps found an indication of a possible mechanism: the researchers found more activated p70S6K1 in the muscle cells of the subjects who had eaten whole eggs.

l0waZuQ.gif

Conclusion
" In conclusion, we show that postexercise myofibre protein synthesis rates are stimulated to a greater extent after the consumption of whole eggs than after the consumption of egg whites in healthy young men, despite being matched for protein content, " write the researchers.

" Future work is required to identify the potential role of nonprotein food components to contribute to the stimulation or postprandial muscle protein synthesis rates in humans ."
" This information is important because other nutritional components may contribute to food protein requirements and particularly when dietary protein is consumed in moderate amounts (15-20 g protein / meal) ."
Zeurpuntje
The meals were not isocaloric. So it could just be that a meal with six proteins and a little olive oil [let's just call you] has a completely different effect on muscle growth.

Sponsor
The study was funded by the US Department of Agriculture.

Source:
Am J Clin Nutr 2017; 106: 1401-12.

Consumption of whole eggs promotes greater stimulation of postexercise muscle protein synthesis than consumption of isonitrogenous amounts of egg whites in young men
(Read more here)
Great read. Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

All my life I eat the whole egg never just the white of the egg, its wasteful to throw it away plus it taste like nothing to me... the egg was good for Rocky Balboa so it must be true! haha

All my life I eat the whole egg never just the white of the egg, its wasteful to throw it away plus it taste like nothing to me... the egg was good for Rocky Balboa so it must be true! haha

I agree with this practice.. for the most part I often eat the whole leg, I've always been taught since a youngster that it's just a waste not to.. if you look at nature there is so many creatures that literally base their diets around just eating mostly eggs, or at least a good portion of eggs.. whole eggs provide so many nutrients on a level that even science is amazed by it.. it's the essentials of growth and life.. I'm a huge Mike O'Hearn fan, and he eats 12 eggs for breakfast, 6 whole.. apparently he's been doing this since he was 11 years old.. me personally I cannot sit down and eat 12 eggs, but if I could you damn bet I would..
like you said it is literally nothing to just pound the whole egg..

I agree with this practice.. for the most part I often eat the whole leg, I've always been taught since a youngster that it's just a waste not to.. if you look at nature there is so many creatures that literally base their diets around just eating mostly eggs, or at least a good portion of eggs.. whole eggs provide so many nutrients on a level that even science is amazed by it.. it's the essentials of growth and life.. I'm a huge Mike O'Hearn fan, and he eats 12 eggs for breakfast, 6 whole.. apparently he's been doing this since he was 11 years old.. me personally I cannot sit down and eat 12 eggs, but if I could you damn bet I would..
like you said it is literally nothing to just pound the whole egg..

its funny you mention Mike OHearn, most people bash him, but that is one consistent mofo, he has amazing genes, he still looks 30, imo. I mean it does not matter if he admits to AAS usage to me. The dude is 50 and looks better than 99+% of all men who lift no matter their age.... It cracks me up at the way haters will find anything they can to hate

its funny you mention Mike OHearn, most people bash him, but that is one consistent mofo, he has amazing genes, he still looks 30, imo. I mean it does not matter if he admits to AAS usage to me. The dude is 50 and looks better than 99+% of all men who lift no matter their age.... It cracks me up at the way haters will find anything they can to hate

that guy is a walking library of information and physical results, that man has lived a lifetime of trial and error, and has never skipped a day in the gym, that guy is in the top tier of individuals that have a natural born instinct to consistency and dedication and commitment. they broke the mold after they made the mindset of that man, he's a specimen of perfection. how in the actual fuck can people critique that guy? I would imagine if we had the ability to see inside of the heads of the naysayers and haters of him, looking at their thought process would be the equivalent of looking through the window of a dryer full of socks and underwear trying to count how many pairs we see.. it would make absolutely no fucking sense!

LOL great analogy bro :roflmao:

Great article..
Nice find!

Lmao. I was thinking the same. Where tf does vis come up with this stuff?

I know right. Vision is like a comedian, scientist, and philosophers brain high on kratom, modafinil and AAS all rolled into one... btw thats a compliment bro! lol

my brain never stops..lol..
and I do take it as a compliment:grouphug:

Makes sense.

Especially the leucine content since the yolk itself will have a different amino acid profile then the white and, given the vitamins and added fat from the yolk.

Cool beans taco

Makes sense.

Especially the leucine content since the yolk itself will have a different amino acid profile then the white and, given the vitamins and added fat from the yolk.

Cool beans taco

the list literally goes on of the benefits, the rabbit hole gets deeper things that I what even have to do more research on. but at the end of the day I just get sick and tired of hearing how whole eggs are no good for us, because I personally don't know anybody that died from eating eggs, but I know an awful lot of folks that are yoked Blokes from eating their yoke!!!🤙🤙
so much contradicting information out there..

I don’t think anyone bashed mike. It’s just sometimes you brings up steroids and acts like he’s never even considered using them. That’s the thing about some of these guys. They’re conceited to the point they want the world to believe they are better and do not need a boost to obtain the level they are at.

We all know steroids do not take away from the work and dedication it takes to achieve that physique. It’s just going out of your way to convince the world that you’re so good you didn’t need the juice.

I also get why one would deny it, obviously. But I wouldn’t bring it up myself like he does (or at least did in an interview video I saw of him). But that’s why people give him shit, I don’t think anyone can say that he is ignorant or a fraud it’s just the whole attitude towards AAS that he had even though it’s obvious he uses or at least has used.

other than that I like the guy.

anyways, back to the eggs, jumbo brown eggs.... free range or cageless, I buy a lot of them from the farmer down the road. Fucking love eggs, over easy so I can dip my toast or turkey sausage in the yolk.

im hungry, gotta go make eggs now.

World’s Best Eggs Rating !!
by the Cornucopia Insitute

Company
World's Best Eggs
Outdoor Access
Truly Pastured
Market Area
TX, OK, AR, LA
Market Area Detail
Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Louisiana

coyotecreekfarm produces the World’s Best Eggs are nutrient-dense, high in Omega-3 fatty acids, and low in cholesterol. At Coyote Creek Farm, our goals include long-term sustainability through holistic management, support for organic producer and consumer education, and advocating for small family farming and the humane treatment of all farm animals. Kirkland Organic{Costco} and Vital Farms got good scores too. Just some unneeded information for your brain power. Lol. It seems like anything out of New Zealand and Scandinavia is of very high quality standards; as far as food and treatment of animals.

Max

LOL..x2 all joking aside, I have never bought into the egg whites-only crap. I've always eaten plenty of whole eggs, and still do. The egg is the best source of protein on planet earth, and that's nothing new. It's protien structure is the closest to our own out of any food, and I'm pretty sure that eggs only take 90 minutes to digest as a direct result of that. Ofcourse I wouldn't be dinrking eggs out of a glass raw like Rocky did. That would make you a good candidate for salmemella poisoning. You gotta cook em' man! I also don't buy into the cholesterol argument concerning whole egg consumption. Doctors all want to push their anti-cholesterol drugs cuz they're benefiting in some way or another from the drug manufactures, but I read an article by a phyisian who said that having slighty high cholesterol is better than having low cholesterol which is what some of those drugs give you. He said that having low cholesterol can weaken your immune system since it relies in part on cholesterol.

My cholesterol has been slightly high for years, and I refuse to stop eating whole eggs, and refuse to take the meds that docs want to give me for that. Instead I know that I need to do cardio and I take Omega 3 fish oil caps daily. And according to the ultrasound tests that I voluntarily had done and paid for out of my pocket, my artery walls look very good. And that's after years and years of eating whole eggs. Go figure.

bear in mind that there is some truth with elevated levels and cholesterol however it is simply temporarily, I accidentally for absently minded consumed roughly six to eight eggs prior to some blood work, and I was supposed to be fasted, and I knew this too but it slipped my mind.. my cholesterol levels were jacked, we went for a retest when I was fasted and everything was normal.
however I questioned my doctor and he told me it's simply temporarily and it's nothing to be alarmed about and that is just the nature of the beast after consuming food..

bear in mind that there is some truth with elevated levels and cholesterol however it is simply temporarily, I accidentally for absently minded consumed roughly six to eight eggs prior to some blood work, and I was supposed to be fasted, and I knew this too but it slipped my mind.. my cholesterol levels were jacked, we went for a retest when I was fasted and everything was normal.
however I questioned my doctor and he told me it's simply temporarily and it's nothing to be alarmed about and that is just the nature of the beast after consuming food..
I hear ya. Ny levels are slightly high even during a 12 hour fast. but like said, I'm not worried about it being slightly high. No biggie even though the greedy docs want to make it into something serious. that's BS as far as I'm concerned. they wil never endorse the use of antything natural like Omega 3's but they will ram the drugs down your throat if you let them

Get Shredded!
Cool study. I have been eating 5+ whole eggs daily for the past 4 years. Either with breakfast, before bed, or both

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

LOL..x2 all joking aside, I have never bought into the egg whites-only crap. I've always eaten plenty of whole eggs, and still do. The egg is the best source of protein on planet earth, and that's nothing new. It's protien structure is the closest to our own out of any food, and I'm pretty sure that eggs only take 90 minutes to digest as a direct result of that. Ofcourse I wouldn't be dinrking eggs out of a glass raw like Rocky did. That would make you a good candidate for salmemella poisoning. You gotta cook em' man! I also don't buy into the cholesterol argument concerning whole egg consumption. Doctors all want to push their anti-cholesterol drugs cuz they're benefiting in some way or another from the drug manufactures, but I read an article by a phyisian who said that having slighty high cholesterol is better than having low cholesterol which is what some of those drugs give you. He said that having low cholesterol can weaken your immune system since it relies in part on cholesterol.

My cholesterol has been slightly high for years, and I refuse to stop eating whole eggs, and refuse to take the meds that docs want to give me for that. Instead I know that I need to do cardio and I take Omega 3 fish oil caps daily. And according to the ultrasound tests that I voluntarily had done and paid for out of my pocket, my artery walls look very good. And that's after years and years of eating whole eggs. Go figure.

I have had freakishly low cholesterol my whole life, in spite of eating fats and red meats and whole eggs. I eat 6-8 of them every morning (not 12 like O'Hearn!). What would the doctor recommend I do to get my cholesterol levels up?

I like a couple hard boiled eggs and some cottage cheese before bed. Seems to help me not wake up with those hunger pangs in the middle of the night. They are better for you if they are over easy or sunnyside up but, it is easier when they are all ready to eat!

Max

I like a couple hard boiled eggs and some cottage cheese before bed. Seems to help me not wake up with those hunger pangs in the middle of the night. They are better for you if they are over easy or sunnyside up but, it is easier when they are all ready to eat!

Max
I always crave cereal late at night and when I wake up in the middle of the night.
Cottage cheese has been my healthy substitute. Way healthier and still gives me that happy "milk type" full lol

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

I always crave cereal late at night and when I wake up in the middle of the night.

that is probably my biggest battle throughout the day, is the evening and getting cravings for cereal.. my little man has all the yummy boxes, so hard not to indulge..

Max
Do you ever mix cottage cheese with anything? If you do, what? I was thinkin like granola maybe.

that is probably my biggest battle throughout the day, is the evening and getting cravings for cereal.. my little man has all the yummy boxes, so hard not to indulge..
Ever had O's? They're amazing and actually stay crunchy in milk.

Cottage cheese has been my healthy substitute. Way healthier and still gives me that happy "milk type" full lol

Dynobites or Cocoa Pebbles are my Kryptonite!! I can eat a salad bowl full !! Lmao
0a98b498c1d7dcc73643e296188cc3ed.jpg
Max

Dynobites or Cocoa Pebbles are my Kryptonite!! I can eat a salad bowl full !! Lmao
0a98b498c1d7dcc73643e296188cc3ed.jpg
Max
Bro I just got hooked on those dynobites. Waaayyy better than regular fruity pebbles.

Back