SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,049 Posts
    Rep Points

Three whole eggs provide more muscle growth than six proteins

Three whole eggs provide 18 grams of protein and 17 grams of fat. Six egg proteins - so without the yolks - also provide 18 grams of protein, and nothing else. Based on that data you would think that bodybuilders benefit more from a meal with 6 egg proteins than from a meal with 3 whole eggs: just as many proteins for their muscle growth, but no fat that they have to lose again. But according to American sports scientists at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, it's not that simple.
    Study

The researchers got 10 male students, who had experience with strength training, to train their legs on two occasions. The students were then given a meal with whole eggs on one occasion and a protein meal on the other.Results
    When the researchers looked at the changes in leucine concentration in the blood of the test subjects, and calculated how much muscle mass the test subjects built up after their workout and egg intake, they saw no difference between the effect of the proteins and the whole eggs.

Mapping the whole-body leucine metabolism is not the only way to determine whether someone is building muscle mass. You can also remove muscle cells from test subjects and look at the incorporation of labeled amino acids. Then you determine the myofibrillar protein synthesis rate . When the researchers did that, they saw that whole eggs increased the myofibrillar protein synthesis rate more than the proteins.

Mechanism
    The researchers do not understand exactly why whole eggs have a greater muscle-strengthening effect than proteins, but perhaps found an indication of a possible mechanism: the researchers found more activated p70S6K1 in the muscle cells of the subjects who had eaten whole eggs.

Conclusion
    " In conclusion, we show that postexercise myofibre protein synthesis rates are stimulated to a greater extent after the consumption of whole eggs than after the consumption of egg whites in healthy young men, despite being matched for protein content, " write the researchers.

" Future work is required to identify the potential role of nonprotein food components to contribute to the stimulation or postprandial muscle protein synthesis rates in humans ."
    " This information is important because other nutritional components may contribute to food protein requirements and particularly when dietary protein is consumed in moderate amounts (15-20 g protein / meal) ."
    Zeurpuntje
    The meals were not isocaloric. So it could just be that a meal with six proteins and a little olive oil [let's just call you] has a completely different effect on muscle growth.

Sponsor
    The study was funded by the US Department of Agriculture.

Source:
    Am J Clin Nutr 2017; 106: 1401-12.

Consumption of whole eggs promotes greater stimulation of postexercise muscle protein synthesis than consumption of isonitrogenous amounts of egg whites in young men
    (Read more here)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Vision View Post
    Three whole eggs provide 18 grams of protein and 17 grams of fat. Six egg proteins - so without the yolks - also provide 18 grams of protein, and nothing else. Based on that data you would think that bodybuilders benefit more from a meal with 6 egg proteins than from a meal with 3 whole eggs: just as many proteins for their muscle growth, but no fat that they have to lose again. But according to American sports scientists at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, it's not that simple.
    Study

The researchers got 10 male students, who had experience with strength training, to train their legs on two occasions. The students were then given a meal with whole eggs on one occasion and a protein meal on the other.Results
    When the researchers looked at the changes in leucine concentration in the blood of the test subjects, and calculated how much muscle mass the test subjects built up after their workout and egg intake, they saw no difference between the effect of the proteins and the whole eggs.

Mapping the whole-body leucine metabolism is not the only way to determine whether someone is building muscle mass. You can also remove muscle cells from test subjects and look at the incorporation of labeled amino acids. Then you determine the myofibrillar protein synthesis rate . When the researchers did that, they saw that whole eggs increased the myofibrillar protein synthesis rate more than the proteins.

Mechanism
    The researchers do not understand exactly why whole eggs have a greater muscle-strengthening effect than proteins, but perhaps found an indication of a possible mechanism: the researchers found more activated p70S6K1 in the muscle cells of the subjects who had eaten whole eggs.

Conclusion
    " In conclusion, we show that postexercise myofibre protein synthesis rates are stimulated to a greater extent after the consumption of whole eggs than after the consumption of egg whites in healthy young men, despite being matched for protein content, " write the researchers.

" Future work is required to identify the potential role of nonprotein food components to contribute to the stimulation or postprandial muscle protein synthesis rates in humans ."
    " This information is important because other nutritional components may contribute to food protein requirements and particularly when dietary protein is consumed in moderate amounts (15-20 g protein / meal) ."
    Zeurpuntje
    The meals were not isocaloric. So it could just be that a meal with six proteins and a little olive oil [let's just call you] has a completely different effect on muscle growth.

Sponsor
    The study was funded by the US Department of Agriculture.

Source:
    Am J Clin Nutr 2017; 106: 1401-12.

Consumption of whole eggs promotes greater stimulation of postexercise muscle protein synthesis than consumption of isonitrogenous amounts of egg whites in young men
    (Read more here)
    Great read. Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,049 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by solocom View Post
    Great read. Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk
    yeah I'm pretty glad I stumbled across that it's pretty interesting..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Rep Points

Thanks Vision enjoyed reading this.

NO LIMITS.
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,693 Posts
    Rep Points

All my life I eat the whole egg never just the white of the egg, its wasteful to throw it away plus it taste like nothing to me... the egg was good for Rocky Balboa so it must be true! haha

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,049 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by HFO3 View Post
    All my life I eat the whole egg never just the white of the egg, its wasteful to throw it away plus it taste like nothing to me... the egg was good for Rocky Balboa so it must be true! haha
    I agree with this practice.. for the most part I often eat the whole leg, I've always been taught since a youngster that it's just a waste not to.. if you look at nature there is so many creatures that literally base their diets around just eating mostly eggs, or at least a good portion of eggs.. whole eggs provide so many nutrients on a level that even science is amazed by it.. it's the essentials of growth and life.. I'm a huge Mike O'Hearn fan, and he eats 12 eggs for breakfast, 6 whole.. apparently he's been doing this since he was 11 years old.. me personally I cannot sit down and eat 12 eggs, but if I could you damn bet I would..
    like you said it is literally nothing to just pound the whole egg..

NO LIMITS.
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,693 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Vision View Post
    I agree with this practice.. for the most part I often eat the whole leg, I've always been taught since a youngster that it's just a waste not to.. if you look at nature there is so many creatures that literally base their diets around just eating mostly eggs, or at least a good portion of eggs.. whole eggs provide so many nutrients on a level that even science is amazed by it.. it's the essentials of growth and life.. I'm a huge Mike O'Hearn fan, and he eats 12 eggs for breakfast, 6 whole.. apparently he's been doing this since he was 11 years old.. me personally I cannot sit down and eat 12 eggs, but if I could you damn bet I would..
    like you said it is literally nothing to just pound the whole egg..

its funny you mention Mike OHearn, most people bash him, but that is one consistent mofo, he has amazing genes, he still looks 30, imo. I mean it does not matter if he admits to AAS usage to me. The dude is 50 and looks better than 99+% of all men who lift no matter their age.... It cracks me up at the way haters will find anything they can to hate

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,049 Posts
    Rep Points

its funny you mention Mike OHearn, most people bash him, but that is one consistent mofo, he has amazing genes, he still looks 30, imo. I mean it does not matter if he admits to AAS usage to me. The dude is 50 and looks better than 99+% of all men who lift no matter their age.... It cracks me up at the way haters will find anything they can to hate
    that guy is a walking library of information and physical results, that man has lived a lifetime of trial and error, and has never skipped a day in the gym, that guy is in the top tier of individuals that have a natural born instinct to consistency and dedication and commitment. they broke the mold after they made the mindset of that man, he's a specimen of perfection. how in the actual fuck can people critique that guy? I would imagine if we had the ability to see inside of the heads of the naysayers and haters of him, looking at their thought process would be the equivalent of looking through the window of a dryer full of socks and underwear trying to count how many pairs we see.. it would make absolutely no fucking sense!

NO LIMITS.
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,693 Posts
    Rep Points

LOL great analogy bro

Board Rep
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    Rep Points

Great article..
    Nice find!

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,086 Posts
    Rep Points

LOL great analogy bro
    Lmao. I was thinking the same. Where tf does vis come up with this stuff?

NO LIMITS.
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,693 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by TripleOvertime View Post

I know right. Vision is like a comedian, scientist, and philosophers brain high on kratom, modafinil and AAS all rolled into one... btw thats a compliment bro! lol

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,049 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by TripleOvertime View Post
    I know right. Vision is like a comedian, scientist, and philosophers brain high on kratom, modafinil and AAS all rolled into one... btw thats a compliment bro! lol
    my brain never stops..lol..
    and I do take it as a compliment

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,784 Posts
    Rep Points

Makes sense.

Especially the leucine content since the yolk itself will have a different amino acid profile then the white and, given the vitamins and added fat from the yolk.

Cool beans taco

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,049 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    Makes sense.

Especially the leucine content since the yolk itself will have a different amino acid profile then the white and, given the vitamins and added fat from the yolk.

Cool beans taco
    the list literally goes on of the benefits, the rabbit hole gets deeper things that I what even have to do more research on. but at the end of the day I just get sick and tired of hearing how whole eggs are no good for us, because I personally don't know anybody that died from eating eggs, but I know an awful lot of folks that are yoked Blokes from eating their yoke!!!🤙🤙
    so much contradicting information out there..