• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

2020 Food log and accountability thread. Join if you feel frisky!

Get Shredded!
Some homemade chili caught stirring the pot!
YDf4Cuo.jpg

Some more homemade chicken noodle soup!
I keep telling my wife we need to market this. The best dam chicken noodle soup I've ever had..
3P0eWi5.jpg

That looks really delicious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today at work and working on a shrimp fajita with only the shrimp and sauteed peppers and onions dipped into some salsa.
TKXAn6X.jpg

Pit ham
Pit turkey
Pit hot Italian sausage
Mustard
Horseradish Xtra horseradish both sides layered thick..
pCYqyyD.jpg

TDwoG3H.jpg

Pit ham
Pit turkey
Pit hot Italian sausage
Mustard
Horseradish Xtra horseradish both sides layered thick..
pCYqyyD.jpg

TDwoG3H.jpg
Now I have seen this beautiful twice I am going to have to get out and search the streets for one. Lol
Good looking meal mace

Eat, pound, sleep...

About 40-42oz or 5 cups. Seasoned we'll add some white wine.

8ospKbm.png

KsFG7oo.jpg

Interesting study on beans.. legumes.

Legumes: the most important dietary predictor of survival in older people of different ethnicities
Irene Darmadi-Blackberry et al. Asia Pac J Clin Nutr. 2004.

Abstract
To identify protective dietary predictors amongst long-lived elderly people (N= 785), the "Food Habits in Later Life "(FHILL) study was undertaken among five cohorts in Japan, Sweden, Greece and Australia. Between 1988 and 1991, baseline data on food intakes were collected. There were 785 participants aged 70 and over that were followed up to seven years. Based on an alternative Cox Proportional Hazard model adjusted to age at enrollment (in 5-year intervals), gender and smoking, the legume food group showed 7-8% reduction in mortality hazard ratio for every 20g increase in daily intake with or without controlling for ethnicity (RR 0.92; 95% CI 0.85-0.99 and RR 0.93; 95% CI 0.87-0.99, respectively). Other food groups were not found to be consistently significant in predicting survival amongst the FHILL cohorts.
Full article and study below.
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/15228991/

Deer Jerky (sticks) picked up just a little.
Great for a snack, high protein, low fat, tons of nutritional benefits.
2fBSFJn.jpg

IML Gear Cream!
MERRY CHRISTMAS
How was everyone's Christmas. Hope everyone spent the day with loved ones and enjoying some Good Grub.
Let's see what everyone was chowing down on for Christmas.
My oven was not up to par but we did what we could going to other family members homes to heat up food or premake. So the spread gonna put up is not our normal Christmas dinner.
We had some black tie moose cake
Lasagna
Stuffing
Biscuits
String beans
Sausage and peppers
Mashed potatoes and gravy
Corn
Scalloped potatoes
Ham

p1akd2I.jpg
90nkV50.jpg
4p7vwDT.jpg
z938tj4.jpg
f8JG2OS.jpg
7G3v9l2.jpg
AmOD8pj.jpg
82Lzr3Z.jpg

You can see we had to move the food to microwaveable bowels for most things. I'm not complaining. Still consider myself blessed.. spent the day with my wife and kids, visited my parents Christmas Eve for a few hrs.
God, Family and true friends are the most important thing in this world.

Hello hello hello... Let's get this thread moving. Been a tough year. All hell broke loose with work, home and a bout with covid...bullshit!!! So back to what do best.. grinding. Getting back in the mix.. time focus on me and getting right!!! So I figured I'd get this food thread jumping again and keep logging my meals.. I will start giving more ingredients and recipes... I'm on 12hrs for the week
Have some shrimp, broccoli, green peppers, pea pods, and 1/4 cup of rice
P0RQuTW.jpg

Some recent food before I was laid up for almost. Month....
Pears, blackened fish with spinach. A dash of hot sauce
vaemGA1.jpg

Some asparagus, spinach, blackened fish, fresh sauteed green beans.
NKsbS5t.jpg

I've been really digging the asparagus my wife has been making.. I could it probably everyday..
OEXIyt0.jpg

Last edited:
I've been really digging the asparagus my wife has been making.. I could it probably everyday..
OEXIyt0.jpg

Pulling at my heart strings!! I am gonna have to post up some meals! I have been traveling so much that : I NEED SOME “OFF THE DECK” meals! I am gonna be traveling again July so, i guess I will post up some PR CHICAS and Food from there! Excited

Max

Pulling at my heart strings!! I am gonna have to post up some meals! I have been traveling so much that : I NEED SOME “OFF THE DECK” meals! I am gonna be traveling again July so, i guess I will post up some PR CHICAS and Food from there! Excited

Max
I feel ya . Seemed like everything and everyone was coming at for a few months..
Kinda lost myself... but I'm back....glad to see ya Max.. your deck meals were killer.

I feel ya . Seemed like everything and everyone was coming at for a few months..
Kinda lost myself... but I'm back....glad to see ya Max.. your deck meals were killer.

It has been a while. Crazy country! We have known each other forever it seems . Glad your back cooking and training . Food looks delicious!

Max

It has been a while. Crazy country! We have known each other forever it seems . Glad your back cooking and training . Food looks delicious!

Max
Yes honestly going slow... Was in hospital about 5 days.. then this Monday had a nose bleed that wouldn't clot.. last hrs. Was like water. They gave me a blood thinner in the hospital everyday cuz covid causes clots... Well didn't think when I was out and home about it. But foods have me the worse indigestion ever... So I was taking an aspirin once a day. Like an idiot,,, that night my shoulder was killing me so I took ibuprofen...
Here is the low down. I was on oxygen the whole time in the hospital. Dried out my nose and sinuses... So it was a bad combo.... Everything. I blew my nose and that's all she wrote. Anyway didn't take anymore aspirin or ibuprofen.. picked up a bottle of iron complex... Help build back up my platelets..so I could clot.. didn't really start clotting til that afternoon/evening around 5.
Then this come out of my mouth from my sinuses.. disgusting but I was happy I was trying to clot... I still had a really slow bleed.
Then later that evening I had kinda sucked in thru my nose and passed this one through my mouth also... After this huge clot everything changed. I felt much better and the bleeding seemed to subside..
So Monday was a dam horror. Haha. These are nasty and in a food thread... Well they were in my mouth... Sooo....lol.. but I'm good now... And trying to get back to me working out , cooking , running,, logging etc... It may be slow. But I'm definitely motivated more now than ever.
ca491a73be2047fdcf88daf78ca2bf5b.jpg
d09dcff01e4f81220096438f306f77a5.jpg

Last edited:
Get Shredded!
Yes honestly going slow... Was in hospital about 5 days.. then this Monday had a nose bleed that wouldn't clot.. last hrs. Was like water. They gave me a blood thinner in the hospital everyday cuz covid causes clots... Well didn't think when I was out and home about it. But foods have me the worse indigestion ever... So I was taking an aspirin once a day. Like an idiot,,, that night my shoulder was killing me so I took ibuprofen...
Here is the low down. I was on oxygen the whole time in the hospital. Dried out my nose and sinuses... So it was a bad combo.... Everything. I blew my nose and that's all she wrote. Anyway didn't take anymore aspirin or ibuprofen.. picked up a bottle of iron complex... Help build back up my platelets..so I could clot.. didn't really start clotting til that afternoon/evening around 5.
Then this come out of my mouth from my sinuses.. disgusting but I was happy I was trying to clot... I still had a really slow bleed.
Then later that evening I had kinda sucked in thru my nose and passed this one through my mouth also... After this huge clot everything changed. I felt much better and the bleeding seemed to subside..
So Monday was a dam horror. Haha. These are nasty and in a food thread... Well they were in my mouth... Sooo....lol.. but I'm good now... And trying to get back to me working out , cooking , running,, logging etc... It may be slow. But I'm definitely motivated more now than ever.
ca491a73be2047fdcf88daf78ca2bf5b.jpg
d09dcff01e4f81220096438f306f77a5.jpg

Hell Mace! That sounds like you DID have some “crazy country” times! Omg! Yes, anyone man who coughs, pees, or poops blood like that or more ...hit the ER! My lord. Bless you for getting through all this, physicians-hospitals and just: I am helping a family member from afar w/ a brain aneurysm thing and it is a nightmare . They sent her to her family doctor...I’m like “Que!” Lol. I hope all gets better for you, well, obviously you feel better...eating and all. Did you finally find out why ? And what are you doing now to combat this? Just food, otc, supp wise (I don’t expect a regimen) but I train a ton of people and I have high RBC (always) from 10yrs old til now. So I am always picking brains for slick blood! Lol. So glad you got through, not only your health but just navigating the bs of $$ vs advice.

Max
God Bless

Hell Mace! That sounds like you DID have some “crazy country” times! Omg! Yes, anyone man who coughs, pees, or poops blood like that or more ...hit the ER! My lord. Bless you for getting through all this, physicians-hospitals and just: I am helping a family member from afar w/ a brain aneurysm thing and it is a nightmare . They sent her to her family doctor...I’m like “Que!” Lol. I hope all gets better for you, well, obviously you feel better...eating and all. Did you finally find out why ? And what are you doing now to combat this? Just food, otc, supp wise (I don’t expect a regimen) but I train a ton of people and I have high RBC (always) from 10yrs old til now. So I am always picking brains for slick blood! Lol. So glad you got through, not only your health but just navigating the bs of $$ vs advice.

Max
God Bless
It was the bloodthinner still in my system/combo of me taking aspirin and probably the ibuprofen I took for my shoulder that night hit the nail on the head.... platelets were non-existent... Blood had no clotting to it at all. What you see was finally the result of my blood trying to clot in my sinuses.. im good now.. that actually scared the shit outta me. I was blocking up one side of my nose and the blood would just start coming out the other side.. I blocked up both sides and it was running down my throat and out my mouth...
Freaked me the hell out..
I called the ER. They would just monitor me.
So I was told to roll up a gause pad real tight and squeeze Afrin on it and stuff it up my nose. The Afrin made the blood vessels constrict. For the most part stopped the bleeding. Was building very little in my sinus.
But stopped the gusher that had been going on for hrs. Anyway. The pics above were from later that day as my sinus was trying to clot.. but I had to spit em out. So I'm good now. But dam I didn't want to go back to the hospital unless absolutely necessary.. thank goodness I didn't have to...
Anyway no more bloody pics of my clots...
Lol.. from here out all pics will be edible and tasty...

Last edited:
It was the bloodthinner still in my system/combo of me taking aspirin and probably the ibuprofen I took for my shoulder that night hit the nail on the head.... platelets were non-existent... Blood had no clotting to it at all. What you see was finally the result of my blood trying to clot in my sinuses.. im good now.. that actually scared the shit outta me. I was blocking up one side of my nose and the blood would just start coming out the other side.. I blocked up both sides and it was running down my throat and out my mouth...
Freaked me the hell out..
I called the ER. They would just monitor me.
So I was told to roll up a gause pad real tight and squeeze Afrin on it and stuff it up my nose. The Afrin made the blood vessels constrict. For the most part stopped the bleeding. Was building very little in my sinus.
But stopped the gusher that had been going on for hrs. Anyway. The pics above were from later that day as my sinus was trying to clot.. but I had to spit em out. So I'm good now. But dam I didn't want to go back to the hospital unless absolutely necessary.. thank goodness I didn't have to...
Anyway no more bloody pics of my clots...
Lol.. from here out all pics will be edible and tasty...

Scary stuff, glad all is okay now! I would have shit! Hospitals suck ! Lol

Max

Today my wife actually picked me up some food..
Guess she was out and grabbed me some shrimp chi ken and veggies with rice.
PmRhliR.jpg

Last edited:
Honestly doesn't compare to being made at home. It's very blah. But I won't complain. Happy wife = happy life. :).

Honestly doesn't compare to being made at home. It's very blah. But I won't complain. Happy wife = happy life. :).

True that!

Max

After a long day at work I come home and had a few surprises..(for my birthday) my wife made me some home-made shrimp fra Diavolo and my 14yr old made me(everyone) some cake pops from scratch.
The food and the cake pops were amazing.
I actually told my daughter she should sell the cake pops they were truly out of this world. Not sure how she made the cake. But it was unreal it was so good.
8R7Dai5.jpg

EqJ0PmX.jpg

After a long day at work I come home and had a few surprises..(for my birthday) my wife made me some home-made shrimp fra Diavolo and my 14yr old made me(everyone) some cake pops from scratch.
The food and the cake pops were amazing.
I actually told my daughter she should sell the cake pops they were truly out of this world. Not sure how she made the cake. But it was unreal it was so good.
8R7Dai5.jpg

EqJ0PmX.jpg

So cool! Happy Birthday Mace!!

Max
#greenmaengda

Today come in from work. Have some fish over spinach with asparagus and string beans .don't forget the hot sauce
R9WcuEd.jpg

Today come in from work. Have some fish over spinach with asparagus and string beans .don't forget the hot sauce
R9WcuEd.jpg

Never forget the Red Pepper Sauce

Max
#delish

Back