• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • IronMag Labs® 25% Off Sale!❤️‍🔥 Hardcore Bodybuilding Supplements💪Use Coupon Code ASF25 💊

Training split / Volume Thoughts?

CompoundLifts31

Board Rep
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
https://youtu.be/eTxO5ZMxcsc

I'm considering changing my split to an upper / lower split.
Even 4 days a week would mean hitting each muscle twice.
I haven't been going 6 days like I used to.

One thing that got me was anything beyond 5 sets is too much... REALLY???

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

I started training like that 35 years ago, hitting whole body 3 days a week with low volume. Then few years later dropped down to hitting each body-part twice a week with more volume. Eventually I adopted what I'm still doing today, hitting each body-part once a week with high volume and heavy weight.

https://youtu.be/eTxO5ZMxcsc

I'm considering changing my split to an upper / lower split.
Even 4 days a week would mean hitting each muscle twice.
I haven't been going 6 days like I used to.

One thing that got me was anything beyond 5 sets is too much... REALLY???

I suggest buying the fortitude Training e book. It's $20 and the best investment you'll ever make in training/diet.

I do 5-7 working sets PER WEEK on most body parts.

I suggest buying the fortitude Training e book. It's $20 and the best investment you'll ever make in training/diet.

Yep this is what I would do also

I've watched a little about fortitude training. I'll buy it as soon as I have the extra funds. I need something new and exciting in my training regimen.

I've watched a little about fortitude training. I'll buy it as soon as I have the extra funds. I need something new and exciting in my training regimen.

You'll like it.

Feel free to pm any questions about it e when the time comes.

Since I have switched to an upper/lower twice a week split my progress has improved quit a bit. Lower volume and high intensity. One upper day is more pulled based the other is push, but still hitting everything. One Lower is more quad based the other has an extra hamstring exercise. Biceps and trained on lower days. Beem working really well for me. I also like push/pull/legs split hitting each muscle about every 5 days.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Since I have switched to an upper/lower twice a week split my progress has improved quit a bit. Lower volume and high intensity. One upper day is more pulled based the other is push, but still hitting everything. One Lower is more quad based the other has an extra hamstring exercise. Biceps and trained on lower days. Beem working really well for me. I also like push/pull/legs split hitting each muscle about every 5 days.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Pumping some blood in the muscle a second time in a week really helps with growth and maintaining fullness. No need to anhillate just 3-4 x 12 works well for that pump day.

Last edited:

OR...just hire Monte for 3 months and he will give you a complete training layout with sets, reps everything..then you will have the blueprint laid out for you..its a small investment for the knowledge you will gain and to essentially be able to.run your own game once you get the hang of it....

IML Gear Cream!
OR...just hire Monte for 3 months and he will give you a complete training layout with sets, reps everything..then you will have the blueprint laid out for you..its a small investment for the knowledge you will gain and to essentially be able to.run your own game once you get the hang of it....
It's something I've considered for a while lol Actually since seeing your training splits in your log. I knew they were coming from him and they laid out in a way that seemed very strategic.

It's something I've considered for a while lol Actually since seeing your training splits in your log. I knew they were coming from him and they laid out in a way that seemed very strategic.

There is definitely a method to the madness...

I dont wanna speak for him..but...i bet if you just wanted him to write out a training plan for you and not hire him as a full on coach he would probably do so for a very fair price...then you got it laid out.

Worth asking him anyways.

I would give Nippard a solid thumbs up, and would recommend following his routine and adjusting based on your recovery. /end thread

I would give Nippard a solid thumbs up, and would recommend following his routine and adjusting based on your recovery. /end thread
I like him.
It's hard to argue with science.

I like him.
It's hard to argue with science.

Exactly. It’s not yo bro, do it because like I got sore and like gains bro. Just savage and kill it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly. It’s not yo bro, do it because like I got sore and like gains bro. Just savage and kill it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It actually felt cold today. Weird, huh?
How have you been bro?

But he's "all natural" bro...lol BS
I think he's probably done some test from his doc and Var. That's probably it though.

I always wondered about that myself.
I mean, he's 5'6 so he has a shorter, bigger frame. I would still rather by 5"11 -6'.

I think he's probably done some test from his doc and Var. That's probably it though.

I always wondered about that myself.
I mean, he's 5'6 so he has a shorter, bigger frame. I would still rather by 5"11 -6'.

He's so young you think he qualifies for TRT? He's got a good structure, barrel chest and relatively wide clavicles, good genetics, etc (besides height) but I agree he's got to be on atleast a low-moderate dose of test, aka a "half natty" amount like Matt Ogus, although Ogus is more jacked and lean.

Get Shredded!
He's so young you think he qualifies for TRT? He's got a good structure, barrel chest and relatively wide clavicles, good genetics, etc (besides height) but I agree he's got to be on atleast a low-moderate dose of test, aka a "half natty" amount like Matt Ogus, although Ogus is more jacked and lean.
I mean just because it's prescribed doesn't mean it's necessary. Just have to know the right doc, ya know? I'm sure he's well connected and money damn sure isn't an issue for him.

Back