ADMINISTRATOR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,718 Posts
    Rep Points

Why You Should Be Doing Full-Body Workouts

Why You Should Be Doing Full-Body Workouts

If youíve been following a program where you train a single or double muscle group 5-6 days a week but canít see desired results, itís time you consider switching to a full-body training routine.

When we say Ďa full-body workoutí, weíre referring to a workout where you train at least three muscle groups in a single training session which should include both your upper and lower body.

Break The Plateau
    Performing the same workouts over and over again can lead you to hit a plateau. If you know anything about muscle plateaus, youíll know itís better to avoid one rather than finding ways of breaking it.

Following a full-body training routine can help you break and/or avoid a plateau. You should add variety to your full-body sessions so that your muscles never get used to your training program.

Improves Your Cardiovascular Health
    Many serious lifters dismiss the full-body training programs calling them some CrossFit WOD fad which will go away soon. The high-intensity training style isnít given its fair share of credit when it comes to its testosterone boosting, cardiovascular, and CNS health improving benefits.

Most resistance training approaches donít put your cardiovascular system under stress as there is plenty of time to recover between exercises. The full-body workouts can improve your overall health by using HIIT routines.

Burn Fat
    If youíve ever performed a full-body workout, youíll know that it can be exhausting. The good news is, the annihilation after a full-body training session can be incredibly effective in melting your body fat like butter.

If your primary goal is to shed weight and lose some inches from your waist, you should follow a full-body program. The HIIT workouts are also great for bros whoíre prepping for a contest or want to improve their muscle definition.

Hit Failure Every Time
    Leaving the gym without a pump can be depressing. While following a low-moderate intensity workout, variables like mind-muscle connection, rest between sets, form come into play which can hamper your muscle pumps.

On the other hand, youíre almost guaranteed to get (and maintain) a nasty pump during your full-body workout because of the sheer intensity of the training style. If you shy away from hitting failure in every workout, the full-body workouts are sure to cause a paradigm shift.

Shorter Workouts
    Many people never get on the fitness bandwagon because they canít take out 2-3 hours for a workout every day. Following a full-body workout is the perfect solution to this problem as youíll wrap up your workouts within 45-60 minutes.

Since the full-body workouts have ample bodyweight exercises, youíll never have an excuse for missing a training session. You could train in the comfort of your home early in the morning, late at night or anytime in between.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Rep Points

Nice post! I'm getting older and this works for me. If I have no time for the gym I have downstairs and can crank the music and work out in my underwear. The gym has everything and quality too,but at least I got my work out in.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    925 Posts
    Rep Points

I get an overall better growth effect from fullbody, but not as much in my delts and arms. I cycle through upper/lower, fullbody and push pull throughout the year.