Symptoms from coming off TRT at 60

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Rep Points

Symptoms from coming off TRT at 60

I'm new here but have been on TRT for 20 years. It was 20 years ago that a buddy/Doc/Urologist suggested I have my test checked while having a conversation about sense of well being. My test came back at 140 and he gave me some gel to take home that day. It was life changing to say the least. Almost overnight, everything seemed to return with me. Libido, mood, and the soreness in shoulders as slept disappeared. Long story short, its been TRT for every bit of these past 20 years. I sometimes consider myself a science experiment because I am not your typical 61 year old male. In no way do I feel 60. I have trained 5 days a week with a trainer/lifting partner for longer than I can remember.

I was curious about what would happen if I came off and I was also stupid in not ordering what I needed to respond to my bodies reaction. Three weeks after my last pin, I would have to say that it hit me hard. Loss of Libido hit my wife who is 23 years younger than I particularly hard. Shoulder soreness came back to the point that it became difficult to sleep. Sense of well being definitely came into question. Recovery was significantly affected. Strength diminished. But one symptom in particular, which I was not able to confirm in any research, was troubling for me. Muscle atrophy, particularly my bladder became a problem. I found myself having to urinate every hour day and night which concerned me greatly.

The reason I'm writing is perhaps to help others in a similar situation who like me are not able to get clear answers from anyone. I finally did order my TRT again and pinned this past Friday. I brought in Test P because I felt i needed a fast acting ester. I front loaded in hopes that these symptoms would be alleviated sooner than later. Within two days I felt my libido return. Recovery was still an issue but has gotten much better. Monday in the gym I was back to my normal routeen, but was very sore. Each day has been better and better and the back split yesterday had returned to normal. Strength has returned. Confidence has returned to push heavy again. My wife looks forward to seeing me again.

I have decided to put NPP into the mix for twelve weeks to deal with the daily aches and pains. I still wonder how long I will be able to maintain this life style, but I also look forward everyday to breaking my 32 year old trainer. For me, it has always been about the science. The ability to control sleep, diet, workout AND AAS. If I am being totally honest here, I do still love the double takes or when someone says "you can't be 61".

Appreciate you reading this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,517 Posts
    Rep Points

Here's to hoping we all have hot nurses pinning our 90yr old asses in the nursing home.

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,654 Posts
    Rep Points

I have heard this bladder issue in many users and clients personally.

Have you considered doing an ultrasound of that area?

Also, there are some great kidney and bladder OTC products out there. I know I use one personally myself. I am on HRT and my issue is that I have to wake up at night like 5+ times. So far with some of these products I have used, it has cut down to 2-3x but still super annoying.

Labs and ultrasound showed nothing so for me I am just treating with OTC products and working through it.

Good luck to you sir and ty for sharing.

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,791 Posts
    Rep Points

Thanks for posting that, it was a very good and informative read for us older guys, I just turned 50 this month been on trt for 8 yrs. Never had a problem until Lyme disease shut down my testosterone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Rep Points

Wanted to add one thing which was my primary for posting.........Two days ago, my bladder could hold nothing, as soon as I drank I had to pee. Yesterday everything completely changed back to normal. Urge to pee day or night back to normal. It's just my empirical evidence, but it is too obvious to ignore. Muscle strength has returned and so has my bladder strength!

NO LIMITS.
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,576 Posts
    Rep Points

thanks for sharing your story. Iím sure more than a few guys appreciate it....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    711 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Theatrix1 View Post
    Wanted to add one thing which was my primary for posting.........Two days ago, my bladder could hold nothing, as soon as I drank I had to pee. Yesterday everything completely changed back to normal. Urge to pee day or night back to normal. It's just my empirical evidence, but it is too obvious to ignore. Muscle strength has returned and so has my bladder strength!
    Just goes to show how important normal levels of testosterone are for health. Like any other hormone that is deficient in your body.
    My TRT doc likes to keep testosterone levels at what Olympic athletes have... which is great for guys over 60... love that guy...

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts
    Rep Points

I am 68 and have been on TRT for years .Without it I have no energy - no sex drive and life is bleak . With it -I am energetic - love sex and am in a great mood .It takes about 10 days if I go off to start feeling terrible -so no way I am going to stop TRT .Glad to see you are back on top !! Happy Holidays-OD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts
    Rep Points

Are we just ignore the fact that this 61 year old guy has a 38 year old wife?

Life goals man. You are doing it right.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,517 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Daark View Post
    Are we just ignore the fact that this 61 year old guy has a 38 year old wife?

Life goals man. You are doing it right.
    I was waiting for someone else to ask for pics.