• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

strange powder properties.. sus250 not mixing in BA/BB but melting in fingers

king.troy

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Hey guys, posted here a few years ago and got some great help so I thought I'd try again!

basically my usual source sent me some sus250 powder that seems to have some problems.

when I add it to heated ba/bb (2/18) it will only dissolve at high heat and very quickly falls apart once no stirring or heat is applied. It also cakes to the side of the beaker, similar to diannabol homebrew.

The strange thing is it will melt in my fingers which is usually a good indication that it should be pretty easy to go into solution.

at this stage I haven't tried adding a carrier oil yet, as the powder was meant to last me all winter and I'd rather get some advice first to see if anyone else has ever encountered something like this before!

any ideas or help would be much appreciated,

thanks

here is a picture after I have let it cool down... the only thing I can think of is maybe I let it get a little too hot and the powder has changed properties? It was just taking a lot of heat to get into a clear/non-cloudly solution.

https://ibb.co/Zz0Tf6m

I would add carrier oil and heat after that. I have had multiple compounds that won't dissolve completely in BB/BA. After adding carrier oil and heating the entire mixture it goes clear before filtering. Try a small amount (maybe 50mL-100mL) at first if you suspect it's got something with it.

I would definitely add some carrier oil like stated. From the pic it looks like it’s mostly raw and not enough of anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's where I would be on it. Add your oil and heat it up. If it doesn't work it's not like you were going to save it from this point anyway so you are just out a little bit of carrier oil. I'd let that shit sit, covered in the beaker, for a good couple of days before I filtered it though because if it crashed again after filtering, that would piss me off.

Whatever the amount of BA you used to begin with, add that same amount to the brew first off (cause you evaporated it all out with that high heat. Anything over 120C for extended time would have evaporated it) Then add like 25% of your carrier oil to it, bring heat up to 100C and then add 25% more of your carrier. Back to 100C and another 25% and once more for the whole 100% of your carrier. Then, bring total temp up to 120C and then take off heat. ALL the way off the heat. Let cool to 80 and put back on your stirring plate and back on stirring. Vigorous stirring by the way the whole time you are heating and adding carrier. Then as it cools to 60C you will see that it is clear now. IF NOT CLEAR then your source put the WRONG shit, ONE OF the tests is not test, in your sust. And from this point on NEVER order sust mixed. Mix it yourself. Do melt points on EVERY one of your compounds before using them. This is your body man!!!! Even the BEST sources make mistakes!!!!! NEVER order sust mixed. If at 60C it is clear. Start filtering as it cools and have filtered before it drops below 40C for ease of filtering. If it crashes after that then you weren't dealing with sust or your calculations are off.
Sust should be 30 parts Propionate, 60 parts PhenylPropionate, 60 parts Isocaporate, and 100 parts Decanoate, Having it mixed up at the factory and having 100 parts Propionate instead of Decanoate I could see causing your problem maybe, and things like that happen. Thats why you make your own sust. Cause now you don't know WHAT is going on.

cheers for the replies guys,

I also got some test-e from the same supplier and it's turning cloudy once it cools... it's not turning solid like the sus250 but it's definitely not right. I put a small batch in the oven for a couple of hours on low heat to see if maybe it's moisture, so far it's holding at room temp, but we'll see if it's the same over night (15-20c here).

it has the right smell, texture, melting point.. just something isn't right.

someone should make a perfume with the test-e smell, i love it!

I've probably been pretty lucky with raws over the years, biggest issue I had was a test-e batch where I think they didn't wash the carbolic acid off well enough and it had this sterile pip.. to get 2 raws that both go cloudy is probably karma for all the good years I had!

cheers for the replies guys,

I also got some test-e from the same supplier and it's turning cloudy once it cools... it's not turning solid like the sus250 but it's definitely not right. I put a small batch in the oven for a couple of hours on low heat to see if maybe it's moisture, so far it's holding at room temp, but we'll see if it's the same over night (15-20c here).

it has the right smell, texture, melting point.. just something isn't right.

someone should make a perfume with the test-e smell, i love it!

I've probably been pretty lucky with raws over the years, biggest issue I had was a test-e batch where I think they didn't wash the carbolic acid off well enough and it had this sterile pip.. to get 2 raws that both go cloudy is probably karma for all the good years I had!

It's carboxylic acid. And I am interested in how this turns out for you so keep us posted bro. Do you have good thermometer? If so, take that test e up to 115 120 and then remove heat and let cool, see if you get moisture around the neck of your flask or top of your beaker. And see if the cloudiness persists.

after being at room temp for 18 hours it hasn't gone cloudy again (test-e), I haven't filtered or done a shot yet.

sus250 I threw away because after I mixed it with the carrier it turned to a milkshake and I just got frustrated thinking there was no way it would come back.. it literally looked like something from McDonalds desert menu.

I still have some sus250, I'm going to now try the same method that worked for the test-e and see if I have any luck with a small batch, hopefully I can still get some compensation from the supplier..

the test-e was a decent sized order, and I just feel like even though it's clear, the fact it took so much work makes me want to just send it back and get a refund... all the test-e I've had in the past goes into solution like a dream... the fact this took 3 hours in an oven... BLEH~@!@ is all I can say

Last edited:
It's carboxylic acid. And I am interested in how this turns out for you so keep us posted bro. Do you have good thermometer? If so, take that test e up to 115 120 and then remove heat and let cool, see if you get moisture around the neck of your flask or top of your beaker. And see if the cloudiness persists.

are you saying the problem might be carboxylic acid this time?

The sus250 doesn't work when re-heated, powder is just a mess,

The test-e, is holding fine now, it's been over 24 hours at room temp and it hasn't crashed. My understanding is that at under 120degrees I don't have to worry about any BA evaporating once it's in a full solution mix?

gonna do a shot tonight and see if it's painful, not really happy about this even if it isn't sore. I feel like the powder is probably going to degrade faster, and it was meant to last me ages with this China Steroid ban coming and raws being a bit more up in the air.

test-e shouldn't need 2 hours in an oven to get into solution D:

IML Gear Cream!
No, I was just correcting your spelling when I said "It's Carboxylic Acid"... As to your Test E, that is what it was. You had moisture in it when you brewed it. you heated in the oven and boiled the moisture out. Now as to the Sust... Yeah, that is a mess. Test E should be fine, now that you got the moisture out. Yeah, take your brews up to 120 and remove heat. This normally kills all water in the batches, keeping them from getting cloudy.

EVERY test I have made I simply weighed the hormones, added solvents (which began to melt the powder) added carrier and heated to 99c. Not once have I had an issue. I had 30 or so vials of cyp200 crash out of 100 vials once which I thought odd but now a splash of EO and never again have a problem.
It seems that you are having some weird issues. I would either/and switch sources and get raws tested first.

Testosterones are literally the easiest thing you'll ever brew.

EVERY test I have made I simply weighed the hormones, added solvents (which began to melt the powder) added carrier and heated to 99c. Not once have I had an issue. I had 30 or so vials of cyp200 crash out of 100 vials once which I thought odd but now a splash of EO and never again have a problem.
It seems that you are having some weird issues. I would either/and switch sources and get raws tested first.

Cyp threw me for a loop too. Didn't realize it was such a pain in the ass. Had to filter some more BB into them and that solved the issue. After that, I see no reason to brew cyp compared to test e due to the added BS.

Only because everyone asks for Cyp because that’s what TRT clinics dish out. Trying to tell them it’s the same thing with 50 extra mgs goes in one ear and...
I could make “200mg cyp” and only use 160mgs. That would probably stop the crashing. Lol

Your issues with that Test Cyp crashing on you is this. While Test E will break down and hold solution at 99C because it has such a LOW melt point, MOST other compounds like Test Cyp for sure, require more heat to break down then STAY in solution. 120C I find to be the MAGIC number for REGULAR dosed batches. 200/250mg/ml on most all compounds, 75/100mg/ml on all DIFFICULT compounds. So... I simply use 120 for EVERYTHING. Including test e even though not needed, I still do it cause it makes operations uniform. Same thing with BB and BA, for the sake of uniformity I use 18/2 on EVERYTHING and works like a charm!!!
Sounds to me like you do indeed need another raw supplier!!!

Your issues with that Test Cyp crashing on you is this. While Test E will break down and hold solution at 99C because it has such a LOW melt point, MOST other compounds like Test Cyp for sure, require more heat to break down then STAY in solution. 120C I find to be the MAGIC number for REGULAR dosed batches. 200/250mg/ml on most all compounds, 75/100mg/ml on all DIFFICULT compounds. So... I simply use 120 for EVERYTHING. Including test e even though not needed, I still do it cause it makes operations uniform. Same thing with BB and BA, for the sake of uniformity I use 18/2 on EVERYTHING and works like a charm!!!
Sounds to me like you do indeed need another raw supplier!!!

Been too long to edit last post. So I will say it here. The last sentence of my last post is directed to the OP.

Sorry for being a little late with this but..... I will say I’ve never brewed cyp because I’ve heard it was not user friendly. With that said I’d check your math. When I plan to brew test e I put the solvent, oil and powder in a lab jar with lid, stir and let it sit overnight. The next morning the solution is completely clear. No heat at all. Most all long ester solutions can be done this way with the exception of tren e. At least all the ones I’ve brewed. At that point just heat up slightly and filter. Batch is done. The less heat the better in my opinion. P.S. the solution in the pic looks like the hormone fell out of the solution. I’m not sure the melting point of cyp but pay close attention to the boiling point. Don’t want to be anywhere near that.

Back