Sober six months then lost it

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Sem View Post
    Love back at you. Its a hard road to go down but chose this when I was 13....I've dealt with a lot of Meth addicted felons, put a few hundred behind bars. I'm impressed with your turn at being Good to Go! Wish more of the kids into it got over it like you. Its all about the kids...my daughter is 6, doesn't need a drunk daddy reading Dr. Seuss...Sober is more fun!
    Keep your head right bro. Keep your heart with god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Sem View Post
    Yep, 6 months. No excuse for falling off the wagon but in that 6 months I became buffer, more polished than ever. Quiting today, been drinking a fifth a day of vodka for 3 weeks. Not all at once just over the day, ED.

AA said I must share my weakness so beside my close personal friends I consider you folks bros. Alcohol really sucks, it takes me 3-5 days to stop shaking. Alcohol ruins your metabolism, shrinks your penis, and if your wired like me it brings out all your dark guilty feelings. I have a lot of guilt I never processed.

I chose vodka @ 4 calories a shot vs beer....plus I've worked in Eastern EU so vodka is king there. Sorry to whine, I can't believe i'm here after 6 months of getting right.
    Man, keep on trying. Keep at it. I went a year and a half no booze and holidays are what messed me up (2 Christmas ago). Iíve battled alcohol more than anything but Iíve also struggled with coke, heroin, and pain killers/other opiates. Done basically every drug known to man. Iíd fuck up. Be depressed. Try again. Fuck up. Get depressed, try again. Repeat. But FINALLY, I tried. And it worked. And im literally the happiest I have EVER been in my life. I got rid of my bitch wife and got a BANGING ass TEN STAR bitch now. Best I have ever looked by far physically. But all that shit is mi-nute. What it has done for me MENTALLY. Is insane. I didnít think a happiness of this level was ever obtainable again until discovering it. Never stop trying. Bc eventually itíll work. And it is SO fucking worth it. Like I could fucking cry itís so worth it. I can remember times the dinger in my truck would go off reminding me put my seat belt on and I would think. Fuck that. Thatís a way I could go out and not be hated for it and it be a lot more acceptable and easier on my kids than another route. And now. Man, Iím living LIFE. Iíve thought dozens of times that maybe Iím in coma? Bc dreams donít last this long. And I TRULY ponder it and get leary of it...still not sure that itís not the case. And less than a year ago I wished there was an acceptable way to end it all and fold my hand on life.

if I could offer advice to anyone going through things like this. Itís personal development. Thereís SO much good shit on YouTube. Look up any of Tony Robbins (was actually in the ring last night with Connor McGregor when he won) heís his personal life coach. Look up Jim Rohn. These guys will teach you stuff about yourself you never even knew. The better we know ourselves...the more improved we are as people.. the better chance we stay clean and successful.

You got it pimp.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by MrBulk798 View Post
    Man, keep on trying. Keep at it. I went a year and a half no booze and holidays are what messed me up (2 Christmas ago). Iíve battled alcohol more than anything but Iíve also struggled with coke, heroin, and pain killers/other opiates. Done basically every drug known to man. Iíd fuck up. Be depressed. Try again. Fuck up. Get depressed, try again. Repeat. But FINALLY, I tried. And it worked. And im literally the happiest I have EVER been in my life. I got rid of my bitch wife and got a BANGING ass TEN STAR bitch now. Best I have ever looked by far physically. But all that shit is mi-nute. What it has done for me MENTALLY. Is insane. I didnít think a happiness of this level was ever obtainable again until discovering it. Never stop trying. Bc eventually itíll work. And it is SO fucking worth it. Like I could fucking cry itís so worth it. I can remember times the dinger in my truck would go off reminding me put my seat belt on and I would think. Fuck that. Thatís a way I could go out and not be hated for it and it be a lot more acceptable and easier on my kids than another route. And now. Man, Iím living LIFE. Iíve thought dozens of times that maybe Iím in coma? Bc dreams donít last this long. And I TRULY ponder it and get leary of it...still not sure that itís not the case. And less than a year ago I wished there was an acceptable way to end it all and fold my hand on life.

if I could offer advice to anyone going through things like this. Itís personal development. Thereís SO much good shit on YouTube. Look up any of Tony Robbins (was actually in the ring last night with Connor McGregor when he won) heís his personal life coach. Look up Jim Rohn. These guys will teach you stuff about yourself you never even knew. The better we know ourselves...the more improved we are as people.. the better chance we stay clean and successful.

You got it pimp.
    Thank you, I appreciate your experience. I was sober 8.5 months last year, this year my goal is obvious but if I fail I want to keep it short. I get super shredded first week of relapse...then...I loose muscle...hard earned muscle, the kind that takes exogenous input to get....like HGH and IGF, basically wasted a few grand last year just to a 3 week relapse...but I bounced back once I sobered and got my calories up to 5k a day again.