• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Sober six months then lost it

Sem

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Yep, 6 months. No excuse for falling off the wagon but in that 6 months I became buffer, more polished than ever. Quiting today, been drinking a fifth a day of vodka for 3 weeks. Not all at once just over the day, ED.

AA said I must share my weakness so beside my close personal friends I consider you folks bros. Alcohol really sucks, it takes me 3-5 days to stop shaking. Alcohol ruins your metabolism, shrinks your penis, and if your wired like me it brings out all your dark guilty feelings. I have a lot of guilt I never processed.

I chose vodka @ 4 calories a shot vs beer....plus I've worked in Eastern EU so vodka is king there. Sorry to whine, I can't believe i'm here after 6 months of getting right.

Keep your head up and moving forward. Keep saying yes to a great life and HATE the thing that so easily besets you.

First step to recovering is admitting you got a problem. Now that that's out of the way, you know what you have to do. I'm willing to bet there are many here who have had the same problem. Keep us posted on how you are doing and I'm sure support from here will open up.

Keep your head up man you got the hardest part out of the way take it a day at a time and remember why your doing it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well thanks for holding us in high regards and expressing your mistake. Keep your chin up and take it a day at a time brother.

Shaking since 3 this morning, but I got this. Just so mad at myself for getting so straight just to fail on the Holidays. Thank you for the kind words from all

No way I'm doing Christmas drunk. I got a 6 year old, we're going to Knotts Berry Farm for 3 days, I'm not gonna be THAT father ever again. I got so drunk last Thanksgiving that I fell asleep early, really upset my wife, took me till March to completely go alcohol free. I guess part of why I write this is alcohol doesn't own you until it DOES.

You're not alone in this boat. Believe me. I just swore off booze this last weekend. Try to stay busy with whatever you can to help take your mind off of it.

You're not alone in this boat. Believe me. I just swore off booze this last weekend. Try to stay busy with whatever you can to help take your mind off of it.

Agree with MS I'm a recovering alcoholic and one of the main things that helped me get and stay clean is keeping busy and focusing on family oriented things Things that are fun but wouldn't be as fun if alcohol was involved

Hang tough Brother. I know the feeling, addiction fucking sucks. But youre on the right track. Onward and Upward!!

IML Gear Cream!
Agree with MS I'm a recovering alcoholic and one of the main things that helped me get and stay clean is keeping busy and focusing on family oriented things Things that are fun but wouldn't be as fun if alcohol was involved

I have to admit, there's a general lack of "fun" things to do in my life. Even if it is just working around the house, cleaning, diy project, whatever...do something. Even if it makes me a little grumpy and I'm muttering "I guess I'll take care of this too"...do something.

It does help to reconnect with family/friends as long as they aren't drinkers too. Watch out for that pitfall.

Yeah man

boredom, stress and anger are definitely booze triggers for me. Stay busy, meditate or do something relaxing, and let the past mistakes and little things go.

focus on your child and hitting the gym.... but you definitely don’t want alcohol to come between you and your kid dude. So every time you are desperate for a drink.... think of why you want to be sober to begin with. Being a good parent is hard enough, alcohol makes it harder. You don’t want to fuck this time in your life up. You don’t get it back.

the goal is to have very little to regret as your near the end of the road.

good luck bro. Get them gainz!

Keep your head up big man. Everyday is a new opportunity.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Yep, 6 months. No excuse for falling off the wagon but in that 6 months I became buffer, more polished than ever. Quiting today, been drinking a fifth a day of vodka for 3 weeks. Not all at once just over the day, ED.

AA said I must share my weakness so beside my close personal friends I consider you folks bros. Alcohol really sucks, it takes me 3-5 days to stop shaking. Alcohol ruins your metabolism, shrinks your penis, and if your wired like me it brings out all your dark guilty feelings. I have a lot of guilt I never processed.

I chose vodka @ 4 calories a shot vs beer....plus I've worked in Eastern EU so vodka is king there. Sorry to whine, I can't believe i'm here after 6 months of getting right.

I feel for you my man, can relate. Pills were my thing, just don't have the stomach to drink like that but its the same thing.
Got the shakes when I really quit even after months of detox, that was what woke me up more than anything else. Its scary when you are literally losing control of your body without a substance to help. When the body has taken a hit like that, makes one wonder how hard its been on the mind and soul. Good luck my friend, its a journey.

I am watching this real time with my trainer. We have trained together for three years now. He is 32 years old and I am 62. We train 5 days a week and I have watched his mass retreat rather than grow which initially was not making sense to me. I finally confronted him last week because I could smell alcohol on his breadth every morning while working out. He texted me after thanking me for actually caring enough to have a conversation about it. You, my friend, have reached the first of several important milestones, which is to acknowledge the problem. Many of us have been there and hurt for different reasons. Whether you have decided to deal with this on your own or by seeking some help, I would suggest you begin by looking into the future and deciding what would give you more pain or pleasure, continuing on your course and lose all that is important to you or anchoring to the pleasure of overcoming this period and reaching your goals. There are really only two things which motivates us, the pursuit of pleasure and/or the avoidance of pain. Decide what that is and anchor to it as if your life depends on it. Because it does! All the best to you and it appears you have a good support group here that are in your corner.

Yes, I always take LIV 52 off n on and planned on Tudca tomorrow after all trace alcohol is gone. It will at least flush the clogged bile acids

You might want to try some 100mgs 5-htp and 750mgs GABA 3 times a day, it should help you ease the roughness you’re feeling from the DT’s

You might want to try some 100mgs 5-htp and 750mgs GABA 3 times a day, it should help you ease the roughness you’re feeling from the DT’s
Just happen out to have the GABA, it does sorta calm you doesn't it?

Get Shredded!
Just happen out to have the GABA, it does sorta calm you doesn't it?

Gaba does have a bit of a sedative effect. I usually take a couple grams before bed. It can make you feel a little short of breath some times (especially if you dose too much), but the feeling passes pretty quickly.

You'll kick it man. I have a hard time with alcohol too, but I've finally developed the willpower to have the ability to drink a couple drinks and stop. I still have to fight the urge daily, especially with the ridiculous amounts of work stress I have but I've managed to make it.

Keep pushing man

Life is beautiful but short my brother.Be sober for yourself and your family don't miss any more of the priceless moments with them.You have so much to live for..
I am sure you can do it no matter how hard it is.

Well made it sober thru yesterday...feeling better and the GABA Calmed me down. by third dose of 750 mg I went to sleep after dinner n slept like a baby til 7 . till got tremors just less of them. 2 more days like this I'll be over the withdrawal, then its just day to day grind out sobriety!
Added GABA, TUDCA, extra LIV 52 and Milk thistle with extra vegies in smoothies

Well made it sober thru yesterday...feeling better and the GABA Calmed me down. by third dose of 750 mg I went to sleep after dinner n slept like a baby til 7 . till got tremors just less of them. 2 more days like this I'll be over the withdrawal, then its just day to day grind out sobriety!

Attaboy. Day 5 for me. I'm one cranky SOB.

Good job bro !

Sem, please take care of your kid. My Dad was a drunk and beat the fuck out of me almost everyday. My mom would try and stop him and she would get hurt too. I always hated my dad for this. I would never want your child to remember his dad as a person who liked drinking better than remembering all the most important little things your child will bring you. Sem I am praying for you and your family. You admit you got a problem and I know it's hard. But you got one real innocent child that needs you! Peace Brother, Amen

Sem, please take care of your kid. My Dad was a drunk and beat the fuck out of me almost everyday. My mom would try and stop him and she would get hurt too. I always hated my dad for this. I would never want your child to remember his dad as a person who liked drinking better than remembering all the most important little things your child will bring you. Sem I am praying for you and your family. You admit you got a problem and I know it's hard. But you got one real innocent child that needs you! Peace Brother, Amen
Fortunately I'm not a beater but with my wife we do argue. I notice less to argue about sober too....we use time outs and restrict toys or other admonishment

Only losers drink stop the pity party everybody has problems ...you can be a drunk bum or s strong lifter your choice

Back