Sober six months then lost it

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    Rep Points

Sober six months then lost it

Yep, 6 months. No excuse for falling off the wagon but in that 6 months I became buffer, more polished than ever. Quiting today, been drinking a fifth a day of vodka for 3 weeks. Not all at once just over the day, ED.

AA said I must share my weakness so beside my close personal friends I consider you folks bros. Alcohol really sucks, it takes me 3-5 days to stop shaking. Alcohol ruins your metabolism, shrinks your penis, and if your wired like me it brings out all your dark guilty feelings. I have a lot of guilt I never processed.

I chose vodka @ 4 calories a shot vs beer....plus I've worked in Eastern EU so vodka is king there. Sorry to whine, I can't believe i'm here after 6 months of getting right.

NO LIMITS.
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,333 Posts
    Rep Points

Keep your head up and moving forward. Keep saying yes to a great life and HATE the thing that so easily besets you.

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,919 Posts
    Rep Points

First step to recovering is admitting you got a problem. Now that that's out of the way, you know what you have to do. I'm willing to bet there are many here who have had the same problem. Keep us posted on how you are doing and I'm sure support from here will open up.

Board Rep
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Rep Points

Keep your head up man you got the hardest part out of the way take it a day at a time and remember why your doing it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Board Rep
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    940 Posts
    Rep Points

Well thanks for holding us in high regards and expressing your mistake. Keep your chin up and take it a day at a time brother.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    Rep Points

Shaking since 3 this morning, but I got this. Just so mad at myself for getting so straight just to fail on the Holidays. Thank you for the kind words from all

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    Rep Points

No way I'm doing Christmas drunk. I got a 6 year old, we're going to Knotts Berry Farm for 3 days, I'm not gonna be THAT father ever again. I got so drunk last Thanksgiving that I fell asleep early, really upset my wife, took me till March to completely go alcohol free. I guess part of why I write this is alcohol doesn't own you until it DOES.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,241 Posts
    Rep Points

You're not alone in this boat. Believe me. I just swore off booze this last weekend. Try to stay busy with whatever you can to help take your mind off of it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Multislacking View Post
    You're not alone in this boat. Believe me. I just swore off booze this last weekend. Try to stay busy with whatever you can to help take your mind off of it.
    Agree with MS I'm a recovering alcoholic and one of the main things that helped me get and stay clean is keeping busy and focusing on family oriented things Things that are fun but wouldn't be as fun if alcohol was involved

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,982 Posts
    Rep Points

Hang tough Brother. I know the feeling, addiction fucking sucks. But youre on the right track. Onward and Upward!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,241 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Joeperry121785 View Post
    Agree with MS I'm a recovering alcoholic and one of the main things that helped me get and stay clean is keeping busy and focusing on family oriented things Things that are fun but wouldn't be as fun if alcohol was involved

I have to admit, there's a general lack of "fun" things to do in my life. Even if it is just working around the house, cleaning, diy project, whatever...do something. Even if it makes me a little grumpy and I'm muttering "I guess I'll take care of this too"...do something.

It does help to reconnect with family/friends as long as they aren't drinkers too. Watch out for that pitfall.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,139 Posts
    Rep Points

Yeah man

boredom, stress and anger are definitely booze triggers for me. Stay busy, meditate or do something relaxing, and let the past mistakes and little things go.

focus on your child and hitting the gym.... but you definitely donít want alcohol to come between you and your kid dude. So every time you are desperate for a drink.... think of why you want to be sober to begin with. Being a good parent is hard enough, alcohol makes it harder. You donít want to fuck this time in your life up. You donít get it back.

the goal is to have very little to regret as your near the end of the road.

good luck bro. Get them gainz!

Board Rep
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    355 Posts
    Rep Points

Keep your head up big man. Everyday is a new opportunity.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Sem View Post
    Yep, 6 months. No excuse for falling off the wagon but in that 6 months I became buffer, more polished than ever. Quiting today, been drinking a fifth a day of vodka for 3 weeks. Not all at once just over the day, ED.

AA said I must share my weakness so beside my close personal friends I consider you folks bros. Alcohol really sucks, it takes me 3-5 days to stop shaking. Alcohol ruins your metabolism, shrinks your penis, and if your wired like me it brings out all your dark guilty feelings. I have a lot of guilt I never processed.

I chose vodka @ 4 calories a shot vs beer....plus I've worked in Eastern EU so vodka is king there. Sorry to whine, I can't believe i'm here after 6 months of getting right.
    I feel for you my man, can relate. Pills were my thing, just don't have the stomach to drink like that but its the same thing.
    Got the shakes when I really quit even after months of detox, that was what woke me up more than anything else. Its scary when you are literally losing control of your body without a substance to help. When the body has taken a hit like that, makes one wonder how hard its been on the mind and soul. Good luck my friend, its a journey.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,241 Posts
    Rep Points

It might help to run a liver detox too. Tudca, choline, inositol, l-methionine.