• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Sober six months then lost it

IML Gear Cream!
Well my wife made a good point when her mother wanted us to marry in a Catholic Church. You see, it requires 6 months of Catholic counseling. My wife asked, "Who in the Catholic Church is qualified to give marital advice to a couple when they can't marry?"

Ayep!

Well my wife made a good point when her mother wanted us to marry in a Catholic Church. You see, it requires 6 months of Catholic counseling. My wife asked, "Who in the Catholic Church is qualified to give marital advice to a couple when they can't marry?"

Ayep!
LOL...well the pastor/priests' job is to show the couple what the Bible says about the husband and the wives' responsibilities and roles are, (which BTW are different than what the world usually teaches and encourages now a days). So they can do that even if they were never married,(after all, the Apostle Paul was never married, although that was purely his choice and was not a dictated requirement given to him by any church, ad the Apotle Paul wrote well over half of the new testament of the Bible) but that would also require that they actually believe the Bible themselves,and that what they're teaching you is actually heart-felt, but if they're one of the weirdo homo/perv child molesters, (not saying all of them are) or one of the many who merely view the church as their employer alone, then why would you want to take any advice from them anyway?

Last edited:
Meh....
b53662e09752b5b9e877e04835f405a3.jpg

my FDA company phone

Even if your just a weekend drinker, the positive change to your metabolism will be noticeable! Good luck! I'm happier sober all the time, you'll notice that too...

I fought this fight for years bro, keep your head up and just push forward. I do still once in a while have a few drinks, mostly one or two on the weekend watching football or something, if at all. At one point I was hammering down 4000 + calories of booze a day... life had taken a turn and really buried me into a dark place. The Gym saved me, and just the noticeable difference in my physique when I don't drink at all and eat clean really makes a difference. Stay Strong.

I fought this fight for years bro, keep your head up and just push forward. I do still once in a while have a few drinks, mostly one or two on the weekend watching football or something, if at all. At one point I was hammering down 4000 + calories of booze a day... life had taken a turn and really buried me into a dark place. The Gym saved me, and just the noticeable difference in my physique when I don't drink at all and eat clean really makes a difference. Stay Strong.
Yes 4 weeks sober yesterday after a 3 week binge, after 6 months sober. I am tempted here and there but has not been hard to avoid. Might have a couple beers next weekend golfing with my Former Marine buddies, the Base Golf course opens at 07:00 as does the bar...never played golf with out beer. Its gonna be a real test. PLUS I honestly can't get drunk on beer, its too filling...too low in alcohol, but, its the temptation that it opens up lowering my inhibitions. I'f I just drank 3 beers over 18 holes, even IPAs, I'd be perfect to drive home, but if I grab a couple shots at the 8th hole watering hole....bam, next binge. I might just skip golf, can't hold the club right anyway since my injuries to my left hand, I actually threw my 7 Iron accidentally in front of my Director in Dubai 2 years ago...yeah maybe golfing is a double edged sword with both ends facing me ;-p

Last edited:
Having been through this myself I can tell you that how big a deal you make it to yourself is how big the deal usually is.
Just pick up where you left off if anything tangible hasnt been harmed besides pride just do better and you will feel better.
Hanging on all those details isnt good at all .
If you spend 3 days looking back on it it is 3 days you could've been doing something to prosper yourself.
Just saying.

Sent from my LML414DL using Tapatalk

Having been through this myself I can tell you that how big a deal you make it to yourself is how big the deal usually is.
Just pick up where you left off if anything tangible hasnt been harmed besides pride just do better and you will feel better.
Hanging on all those details isnt good at all .
If you spend 3 days looking back on it it is 3 days you could've been doing something to prosper yourself.
Just saying.

I think a good point is made here^...but I also think that this has to be balanced with looking back just enough to understand what patterns a person can change, in order to avoid repeating the same mistake over and over again. For instance, if you keep hanging around the same driking crowd, then you'll keep on running into the same wall over and over. But the whole idea to look ahead and occupy yourself with something constructive is a good thing. It goes back to that old saying: "get busy not dizzy" and that's one of the reasons I like BBing. It takes sacrifice and devotion, and it's something constructive

I think a good point is made here^...but I also think that this has to be balanced with looking back just enough to understand what patterns a person can change, in order to avoid repeating the same mistake over and over again. For instance, if you keep hanging around the same driking crowd, then you'll keep on running into the same wall over and over. But the whole idea to look ahead and occupy yourself with something constructive is a good thing. It goes back to that old saying: "get busy not dizzy" and that's one of the reasons I like BBing. It takes sacrifice and devotion, and it's something constructive
This is true same ingredients=same pie

Yes 4 weeks sober yesterday after a 3 week binge, after 6 months sober. I am tempted here and there but has not been hard to avoid. Might have a couple beers next weekend golfing with my Former Marine buddies, the Base Golf course opens at 07:00 as does the bar...never played golf with out beer. Its gonna be a real test. PLUS I honestly can't get drunk on beer, its too filling...too low in alcohol, but, its the temptation that it opens up lowering my inhibitions. I'f I just drank 3 beers over 18 holes, even IPAs, I'd be perfect to drive home, but if I grab a couple shots at the 8th hole watering hole....bam, next binge. I might just skip golf, can't hold the club right anyway since my injuries to my left hand, I actually threw my 7 Iron accidentally in front of my Director in Dubai 2 years ago...yeah maybe golfing is a double edged sword with both ends facing me ;-p
Don't put yourself into a situation where you are tempted. Why do that to yourself?

But.
There's always a but.
If you ever need someone to talk to.
I as well as the majority of the rest of us.
.Are here

Get Shredded!
Thanks, I'm taking two steps forward one back...at moment got two steps ahead.

Yep.
Good attitude.
Sometimes I find that I get depressed thinking I have to just get two foward every move.Not so, alot of us only get to advance one step at a time in life while some get three steps per move all foward.
931f275775243a7af3bccb9abad061c8.jpg
4591e5a5eb02f3e4be461694e168f1ab.jpg

Been clean from meth (banging) almost 6 years. Have since bought a house, paid off a car note 10 months early and was blessed with 2 sons. Also been at the same job during those 6 years. It’s tough bro, I know. The key to any kind of recovery is a strong spiritual foundation. Without God in your life it’s tougher than normal to get right. Pull the booze out and put God in. Stay in contact with a God of your understanding and you’ll never go wrong. Love to you my friend.

Been clean from meth (banging) almost 6 years. Have since bought a house, paid off a car note 10 months early and was blessed with 2 sons. Also been at the same job during those 6 years. It’s tough bro, I know. The key to any kind of recovery is a strong spiritual foundation. Without God in your life it’s tougher than normal to get right. Pull the booze out and put God in. Stay in contact with a God of your understanding and you’ll never go wrong. Love to you my friend.

Love back at you. Its a hard road to go down but chose this when I was 13....I've dealt with a lot of Meth addicted felons, put a few hundred behind bars. I'm impressed with your turn at being Good to Go! Wish more of the kids into it got over it like you. Its all about the kids...my daughter is 6, doesn't need a drunk daddy reading Dr. Seuss...Sober is more fun!

Last edited:
Love back at you. Its a hard road to go down but chose this when I was 13....I've dealt with a lot of Meth addicted felons, put a few hundred behind bars. I'm impressed with your turn at being Good to Go! Wish more of the kids into it got over it like you. Its all about the kids...my daughter is 6, doesn't need a drunk daddy reading Dr. Seuss...Sober is more fun!

Keep your head right bro. Keep your heart with god.

Yep, 6 months. No excuse for falling off the wagon but in that 6 months I became buffer, more polished than ever. Quiting today, been drinking a fifth a day of vodka for 3 weeks. Not all at once just over the day, ED.

AA said I must share my weakness so beside my close personal friends I consider you folks bros. Alcohol really sucks, it takes me 3-5 days to stop shaking. Alcohol ruins your metabolism, shrinks your penis, and if your wired like me it brings out all your dark guilty feelings. I have a lot of guilt I never processed.

I chose vodka @ 4 calories a shot vs beer....plus I've worked in Eastern EU so vodka is king there. Sorry to whine, I can't believe i'm here after 6 months of getting right.

Man, keep on trying. Keep at it. I went a year and a half no booze and holidays are what messed me up (2 Christmas ago). I’ve battled alcohol more than anything but I’ve also struggled with coke, heroin, and pain killers/other opiates. Done basically every drug known to man. I’d fuck up. Be depressed. Try again. Fuck up. Get depressed, try again. Repeat. But FINALLY, I tried. And it worked. And im literally the happiest I have EVER been in my life. I got rid of my bitch wife and got a BANGING ass TEN STAR bitch now. Best I have ever looked by far physically. But all that shit is mi-nute. What it has done for me MENTALLY. Is insane. I didn’t think a happiness of this level was ever obtainable again until discovering it. Never stop trying. Bc eventually it’ll work. And it is SO fucking worth it. Like I could fucking cry it’s so worth it. I can remember times the dinger in my truck would go off reminding me put my seat belt on and I would think. Fuck that. That’s a way I could go out and not be hated for it and it be a lot more acceptable and easier on my kids than another route. And now. Man, I’m living LIFE. I’ve thought dozens of times that maybe I’m in coma? Bc dreams don’t last this long. And I TRULY ponder it and get leary of it...still not sure that it’s not the case. And less than a year ago I wished there was an acceptable way to end it all and fold my hand on life.

if I could offer advice to anyone going through things like this. It’s personal development. There’s SO much good shit on YouTube. Look up any of Tony Robbins (was actually in the ring last night with Connor McGregor when he won) he’s his personal life coach. Look up Jim Rohn. These guys will teach you stuff about yourself you never even knew. The better we know ourselves...the more improved we are as people.. the better chance we stay clean and successful.

You got it pimp.

Man, keep on trying. Keep at it. I went a year and a half no booze and holidays are what messed me up (2 Christmas ago). I’ve battled alcohol more than anything but I’ve also struggled with coke, heroin, and pain killers/other opiates. Done basically every drug known to man. I’d fuck up. Be depressed. Try again. Fuck up. Get depressed, try again. Repeat. But FINALLY, I tried. And it worked. And im literally the happiest I have EVER been in my life. I got rid of my bitch wife and got a BANGING ass TEN STAR bitch now. Best I have ever looked by far physically. But all that shit is mi-nute. What it has done for me MENTALLY. Is insane. I didn’t think a happiness of this level was ever obtainable again until discovering it. Never stop trying. Bc eventually it’ll work. And it is SO fucking worth it. Like I could fucking cry it’s so worth it. I can remember times the dinger in my truck would go off reminding me put my seat belt on and I would think. Fuck that. That’s a way I could go out and not be hated for it and it be a lot more acceptable and easier on my kids than another route. And now. Man, I’m living LIFE. I’ve thought dozens of times that maybe I’m in coma? Bc dreams don’t last this long. And I TRULY ponder it and get leary of it...still not sure that it’s not the case. And less than a year ago I wished there was an acceptable way to end it all and fold my hand on life.

if I could offer advice to anyone going through things like this. It’s personal development. There’s SO much good shit on YouTube. Look up any of Tony Robbins (was actually in the ring last night with Connor McGregor when he won) he’s his personal life coach. Look up Jim Rohn. These guys will teach you stuff about yourself you never even knew. The better we know ourselves...the more improved we are as people.. the better chance we stay clean and successful.

You got it pimp.
Thank you, I appreciate your experience. I was sober 8.5 months last year, this year my goal is obvious but if I fail I want to keep it short. I get super shredded first week of relapse...then...I loose muscle...hard earned muscle, the kind that takes exogenous input to get....like HGH and IGF, basically wasted a few grand last year just to a 3 week relapse...but I bounced back once I sobered and got my calories up to 5k a day again.

Thank you, I appreciate your experience. I was sober 8.5 months last year, this year my goal is obvious but if I fail I want to keep it short. I get super shredded first week of relapse...then...I loose muscle...hard earned muscle, the kind that takes exogenous input to get....like HGH and IGF, basically wasted a few grand last year just to a 3 week relapse...but I bounced back once I sobered and got my calories up to 5k a day again.

I know exactly what you’re talking about. Man it’s depressing. I wish I had something uplifting to say about it but that part does suck. I think if you cruise you should have better luck when something happens. Cold turkey or pct and then these problems and you’re gonna lose a lot. From my experience anyways. Stay faithful to the pins.

IML Gear Cream!
You're only a loser, fat drunk, wife beating, cant hold a job faget if you answer to one...just like Cypiloser....

my FDA company phone

You're only a loser, fat drunk, wife beating, cant hold a job faget if you answer to one...just like Cypiloser....

my FDA company phone
Well, I've only killed Shiites and Sunnis, but the Sunnis pay better. Come fuck my wife so you can be the first American who I tazer, and snip your thumbs off with bolt cutters ;-)
I'd think you would like me if we met in person, if not, no loss.

- - - Updated - - -

Productive post -Thanks for valuable input -OD
Oops, I think your answer was better ;-p

my FDA company phone
You misspelled FAGOT, but I only screw men's corpses, I can't be gay if your not breathing, eh? ;-)

You misspelled FAGOT, but I only screw men's corpses, I can't be gay if your not breathing, eh? ;-)
It’s actually faggot and I don’t think being a necrophiliac would make you gay lol

- - - Updated - - -

The thumbs adds a nice little spice to the punch

It’s actually faggot and I don’t think being a necrophiliac would make you gay lol

- - - Updated - - -

The thumbs adds a nice little spice to the punch
Well, mom told me to turn the other cheek...some fellas think that's meek...but it keeps me from breakin' your face ;-) Unfortunately some guys push till I act...

My question is..... who is Bill?

dude said being a friend of Bills is the only thing that works for him. I must meet the Bill!

Dead people are only gender less if their genitals have deteriorated enough to not be able to tell. You can’t be gay if you don’t know it’s a dude.

who is Bill?

Only losers drink stop the pity party everybody has problems ...you can be a drunk bum or s strong lifter your choice

Horrible thought process, totally wrong and ignorant, however, entitled to your opinion. Best not to share it with alcoholics, active or in recovery though.

Merry Christmas sweetheart.

Yeah, don't listen to his advices, he's too super-hero for most of us.
In his own league I guess of herculean. Cant understand human element...

Back