Sober six months then lost it

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    Rep Points

Well my wife made a good point when her mother wanted us to marry in a Catholic Church. You see, it requires 6 months of Catholic counseling. My wife asked, "Who in the Catholic Church is qualified to give marital advice to a couple when they can't marry?"

Ayep!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    619 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Sem View Post
    Well my wife made a good point when her mother wanted us to marry in a Catholic Church. You see, it requires 6 months of Catholic counseling. My wife asked, "Who in the Catholic Church is qualified to give marital advice to a couple when they can't marry?"

Ayep!
    LOL...well the pastor/priests' job is to show the couple what the Bible says about the husband and the wives' responsibilities and roles are, (which BTW are different than what the world usually teaches and encourages now a days). So they can do that even if they were never married,(after all, the Apostle Paul was never married, although that was purely his choice and was not a dictated requirement given to him by any church, ad the Apotle Paul wrote well over half of the new testament of the Bible) but that would also require that they actually believe the Bible themselves,and that what they're teaching you is actually heart-felt, but if they're one of the weirdo homo/perv child molesters, (not saying all of them are) or one of the many who merely view the church as their employer alone, then why would you want to take any advice from them anyway?
    Last edited by Tall Deck; 01-09-2020 at 11:32 AM.

Swollen Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    660 Posts
    Rep Points

Meh....

my FDA company phone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    Rep Points

Even if your just a weekend drinker, the positive change to your metabolism will be noticeable! Good luck! I'm happier sober all the time, you'll notice that too...
    I fought this fight for years bro, keep your head up and just push forward. I do still once in a while have a few drinks, mostly one or two on the weekend watching football or something, if at all. At one point I was hammering down 4000 + calories of booze a day... life had taken a turn and really buried me into a dark place. The Gym saved me, and just the noticeable difference in my physique when I don't drink at all and eat clean really makes a difference. Stay Strong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Main3iac10 View Post
    I fought this fight for years bro, keep your head up and just push forward. I do still once in a while have a few drinks, mostly one or two on the weekend watching football or something, if at all. At one point I was hammering down 4000 + calories of booze a day... life had taken a turn and really buried me into a dark place. The Gym saved me, and just the noticeable difference in my physique when I don't drink at all and eat clean really makes a difference. Stay Strong.
    Yes 4 weeks sober yesterday after a 3 week binge, after 6 months sober. I am tempted here and there but has not been hard to avoid. Might have a couple beers next weekend golfing with my Former Marine buddies, the Base Golf course opens at 07:00 as does the bar...never played golf with out beer. Its gonna be a real test. PLUS I honestly can't get drunk on beer, its too filling...too low in alcohol, but, its the temptation that it opens up lowering my inhibitions. I'f I just drank 3 beers over 18 holes, even IPAs, I'd be perfect to drive home, but if I grab a couple shots at the 8th hole watering hole....bam, next binge. I might just skip golf, can't hold the club right anyway since my injuries to my left hand, I actually threw my 7 Iron accidentally in front of my Director in Dubai 2 years ago...yeah maybe golfing is a double edged sword with both ends facing me ;-p
    Last edited by Sem; 01-11-2020 at 08:42 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts
    Rep Points

Having been through this myself I can tell you that how big a deal you make it to yourself is how big the deal usually is.
    Just pick up where you left off if anything tangible hasnt been harmed besides pride just do better and you will feel better.
    Hanging on all those details isnt good at all .
    If you spend 3 days looking back on it it is 3 days you could've been doing something to prosper yourself.
    Just saying.

Sent from my LML414DL using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    619 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by wwheeler500 View Post
    Having been through this myself I can tell you that how big a deal you make it to yourself is how big the deal usually is.
    Just pick up where you left off if anything tangible hasnt been harmed besides pride just do better and you will feel better.
    Hanging on all those details isnt good at all .
    If you spend 3 days looking back on it it is 3 days you could've been doing something to prosper yourself.
    Just saying.

I think a good point is made here^...but I also think that this has to be balanced with looking back just enough to understand what patterns a person can change, in order to avoid repeating the same mistake over and over again. For instance, if you keep hanging around the same driking crowd, then you'll keep on running into the same wall over and over. But the whole idea to look ahead and occupy yourself with something constructive is a good thing. It goes back to that old saying: "get busy not dizzy" and that's one of the reasons I like BBing. It takes sacrifice and devotion, and it's something constructive

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Tall Deck View Post
    I think a good point is made here^...but I also think that this has to be balanced with looking back just enough to understand what patterns a person can change, in order to avoid repeating the same mistake over and over again. For instance, if you keep hanging around the same driking crowd, then you'll keep on running into the same wall over and over. But the whole idea to look ahead and occupy yourself with something constructive is a good thing. It goes back to that old saying: "get busy not dizzy" and that's one of the reasons I like BBing. It takes sacrifice and devotion, and it's something constructive
    This is true same ingredients=same pie

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,068 Posts
    Rep Points

Yes 4 weeks sober yesterday after a 3 week binge, after 6 months sober. I am tempted here and there but has not been hard to avoid. Might have a couple beers next weekend golfing with my Former Marine buddies, the Base Golf course opens at 07:00 as does the bar...never played golf with out beer. Its gonna be a real test. PLUS I honestly can't get drunk on beer, its too filling...too low in alcohol, but, its the temptation that it opens up lowering my inhibitions. I'f I just drank 3 beers over 18 holes, even IPAs, I'd be perfect to drive home, but if I grab a couple shots at the 8th hole watering hole....bam, next binge. I might just skip golf, can't hold the club right anyway since my injuries to my left hand, I actually threw my 7 Iron accidentally in front of my Director in Dubai 2 years ago...yeah maybe golfing is a double edged sword with both ends facing me ;-p
    Don't put yourself into a situation where you are tempted. Why do that to yourself?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts
    Rep Points

But.
    There's always a but.
    If you ever need someone to talk to.
    I as well as the majority of the rest of us.
    .Are here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    Rep Points

Thanks, I'm taking two steps forward one back...at moment got two steps ahead.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts
    Rep Points

Yep.
    Good attitude.
    Sometimes I find that I get depressed thinking I have to just get two foward every move.Not so, alot of us only get to advance one step at a time in life while some get three steps per move all foward.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Rep Points

Been clean from meth (banging) almost 6 years. Have since bought a house, paid off a car note 10 months early and was blessed with 2 sons. Also been at the same job during those 6 years. Itís tough bro, I know. The key to any kind of recovery is a strong spiritual foundation. Without God in your life itís tougher than normal to get right. Pull the booze out and put God in. Stay in contact with a God of your understanding and youíll never go wrong. Love to you my friend.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by DomZan View Post
    Been clean from meth (banging) almost 6 years. Have since bought a house, paid off a car note 10 months early and was blessed with 2 sons. Also been at the same job during those 6 years. Itís tough bro, I know. The key to any kind of recovery is a strong spiritual foundation. Without God in your life itís tougher than normal to get right. Pull the booze out and put God in. Stay in contact with a God of your understanding and youíll never go wrong. Love to you my friend.
    Love back at you. Its a hard road to go down but chose this when I was 13....I've dealt with a lot of Meth addicted felons, put a few hundred behind bars. I'm impressed with your turn at being Good to Go! Wish more of the kids into it got over it like you. Its all about the kids...my daughter is 6, doesn't need a drunk daddy reading Dr. Seuss...Sober is more fun!
    Last edited by Sem; 01-19-2020 at 12:02 PM.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Rep Points

Love back at you. Its a hard road to go down but chose this when I was 13....I've dealt with a lot of Meth addicted felons, put a few hundred behind bars. I'm impressed with your turn at being Good to Go! Wish more of the kids into it got over it like you. Its all about the kids...my daughter is 6, doesn't need a drunk daddy reading Dr. Seuss...Sober is more fun!
    Keep your head right bro. Keep your heart with god.