Sober six months then lost it

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 175
  1. #76
    Senior Member

    Milford King's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Milky Way
    Posts
    10,216

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    6,265
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    7,062
    Thanked in
    4,218 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Sem View Post
    Well past New Years still sober. ;-)
    just letting you know, I知 jumping on the sober wagon too. Not that I was an alcoholic per say but it was definitely a crutch for me and I知 just sick of it so trying not to touch it at all in 2020. So far so good..... summers gonna be tough tho. Ice cold Moscow mules in the humid heat is such a sweet sweet gift. Mmmmmm... ok ok I知 good, no alcohol for milf 2020! So I知 rooting for ya bud, cuz I知 rootin for myself too

  2. #77
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    3rd rock from the sun
    Posts
    247

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    362
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    132
    Thanked in
    87 Posts
    Rep Points
    -387195

    Even if your just a weekend drinker, the positive change to your metabolism will be noticeable! Good luck! I'm happier sober all the time, you'll notice that too...
    You can't strengthen the weak by weakening the strong

  3. #78
    Senior Member

    Tall Deck's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    4,207

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,013
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    885
    Thanked in
    657 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    You go guys. Keep it up. Don't back down. I'm routing for you both!!! Separate yourselves from certain heavy drinkers that you know if you need to, (which you most likely do if they're around you a lot and you're tight with them. That's just reaility).

  4. #79
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    3rd rock from the sun
    Posts
    247

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    362
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    132
    Thanked in
    87 Posts
    Rep Points
    -387195

    Quote Originally Posted by Tall Deck View Post
    You go guys. Keep it up. Don't back down. I'm routing for you both!!! Separate yourselves from certain heavy drinkers that you know if you need to, (which you most likely do if they're around you a lot and you're tight with them. That's just reality).
    I gave up smoking in the Army almost 30 years ago. I had to stop hanging out with my friends that smoked...they would smoke right in front of me. Its the same for any bad habit, gotta change your crowd at least until you got the bad habit beat. Been cig free since I got my Butter Bars...23 years...now for 23 years alcohol free living!
    You can't strengthen the weak by weakening the strong

  5. #80
    Senior Member

    Rot-Iron66's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    New England
    Age
    54
    Posts
    1,819

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    52
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    922
    Thanked in
    565 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    A guy at AA (he's an addict, not a drinker) came in SUN and got his 24-hour chip. He's been clean for 6 months before this, chaired a meeting 2 weeks ago, seemed to be doing great.
    Then went out again and used.

    The key is to get back into the halls (or on the wagon) and start again. 1 day at a time...
    ~
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer." - Arnold
    [[[[------------------]]]]

  6. #81
    Senior Member

    Tall Deck's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    4,207

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,013
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    885
    Thanked in
    657 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    I gave up drinking and drugs 38 years ago and have never gone back to it. I didn't do any 12 step program nor did I need counseling nor any treatment either. I was not physically addicted since I didn't shoot any opiods/opiates. But I was using some heavy duty Psychodelic drugs and dpressants on a daily basis for 3 years pretty steady, ( LSD, PCP/"angel dust", alcohol, pot with some occassional mescaline when it came around ). I began pulling awayfrom drugs by stopping the dealing I was doing, and once I stopped selling, then I stopped buying too. What made things a little easier for me was that I was still 17 years old and without a legal job, and no car, and living with my parents, and they decided to move 15 miles away which pretty much cut me off from the bad crowd I was with as well as from my drug customers. That was the beginning of the change, and a neccessary ingredient, but it was not enough all by itself.

    Then I began to get more serious about BBing, and I became concerned about my health because I wanted to build muscle. But I still could not say "no" when someone offered to get me high on thier dime, until at 20 years old, I became a Christian and began reading and learning the Bible, and that completely removed any desire I had of getting stoned ever again. I was 20 yrs old then, and I'm still clean from that at age 58 now. But no program nor conseling was needed and I have never gone to any "meetings" either. I rarely even talk about it since I haven't been tempted by it in literally decades. I hope that some how, in some way, this helps somebody out here. But it's not about being perfect, but I must confess to you that having faith in Jesus Christ has changed things for me permanently. It isn't because I was ever some incredibly strong person. Far from it.

  7. #82
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    3rd rock from the sun
    Posts
    247

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    362
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    132
    Thanked in
    87 Posts
    Rep Points
    -387195

    Quote Originally Posted by ScarletSmith View Post
    The likelihood of becoming addicted to it increases when it is regularly consumed in high amounts. I am not de- motivating you, but addiction is very difficult to get rid of. Recovery is not possible without proper treatment and rehabilitation program. I think, if you wish, you can do. You can do morning walk everyday,you can join yoga, if it doesn't help much, you can join a rehab center.
    Nothing wrong with folks that need outside help but, the local AA chapter is mostly full of NAs forced to attend as part of their court ordered sentences for committing burglaries to fund their drug habits (I made $300,000 overseas in 2017, alcohol n high velocity lead poisoning) I never stole from anyone to buy a shot of vodka (we used to smuggle it in from Kuwait in drinking water bottles).

    I'm not knocking anyone who is trying to get off Narcos but, I never needed a judge to tell me drinking is counterproductive. Besides, in my mid twenties I put a few hundred teenaged gang bangers in jail for prostituting teenaged girls and running meth, heroin. Plus, I live in California so ALL the counselors are extreme liberal, the first thing they will say is to tell my daughter its ok to wish she was a man and to let my wife have an open relationship as marriage in CA does not equal monogamy.
    I was sober 6 months, went on a 3 week binge, now been sober almost a month. I got this. I don't need a counselor telling me I'll drink less in an open relationship, I'd probably end p tazering the first man she looked at and cut off his thumbs wt gardening sheers....

    Besides rehab centers are over $120k for 6 months.
    You can't strengthen the weak by weakening the strong

  8. #83
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    3rd rock from the sun
    Posts
    247

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    362
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    132
    Thanked in
    87 Posts
    Rep Points
    -387195

    Quote Originally Posted by Tall Deck View Post
    I gave up drinking and drugs 38 years ago and have never gone back to it. I didn't do any 12 step program nor did I need counseling nor any treatment either. I was not physically addicted since I didn't shoot any opiods/opiates. But I was using some heavy duty Psychodelic drugs and dpressants on a daily basis for 3 years pretty steady, ( LSD, PCP/"angel dust", alcohol, pot with some occassional mescaline when it came around ). I began pulling awayfrom drugs by stopping the dealing I was doing, and once I stopped selling, then I stopped buying too. What made things a little easier for me was that I was still 17 years old and without a legal job, and no car, and living with my parents, and they decided to move 15 miles away which pretty much cut me off from the bad crowd I was with as well as from my drug customers. That was the beginning of the change, and a neccessary ingredient, but it was not enough all by itself.

    Then I began to get more serious about BBing, and I became concerned about my health because I wanted to build muscle. But I still could not say "no" when someone offered to get me high on thier dime, until at 20 years old, I became a Christian and began reading and learning the Bible, and that completely removed any desire I had of getting stoned ever again. I was 20 yrs old then, and I'm still clean from that at age 58 now. But no program nor conseling was needed and I have never gone to any "meetings" either. I rarely even talk about it since I haven't been tempted by it in literally decades. I hope that some how, in some way, this helps somebody out here. But it's not about being perfect, but I must confess to you that having faith in Jesus Christ has changed things for me permanently. It isn't because I was ever some incredibly strong person. Far from it.
    In the end faith in God helps, its nice o have him on your guard, watching your back, I just have to stay clear of my friends....that drink.
    You can't strengthen the weak by weakening the strong

  9. #84
    Senior Member

    Tall Deck's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    4,207

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,013
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    885
    Thanked in
    657 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Sem View Post
    In the end faith in God helps, its nice o have him on your guard, watching your back,
    Yes, but there's another component to having faith which turns out to also be beneficial to the believer which helps himself/herself out in the long run with issues of self-control: and that is having a genuine fear of God's coming judgement. Without that, and with the general condition of human nature being what it is, all of us will tend to be out of control to one degree or another. Some more than others perhaps, but human nature rears it's ugly head sooner or later. But having a fear of God's coming judgement goes a long way to having self-control and self-control is the main ingredient required to being sober.

  10. #85
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    3rd rock from the sun
    Posts
    247

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    362
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    132
    Thanked in
    87 Posts
    Rep Points
    -387195

    Aye! Raised Catholic, had a knuckle or two swollen from the Nun's judgement with rulers, in Catholic School. Christian now, more love Jesus less fear God. I used to have nightmares about the Clergy and Jesus. Catholics just make everything about fear. Healthy fear is good but to fear the consequences of missing a single sermon....I shiver.
    You can't strengthen the weak by weakening the strong

  11. #86
    Senior Member

    Tall Deck's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    4,207

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,013
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    885
    Thanked in
    657 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Sem View Post
    Aye! Raised Catholic, had a knuckle or two swollen from the Nun's judgement with rulers, in Catholic School. Christian now, more love Jesus less fear God. I used to have nightmares about the Clergy and Jesus. Catholics just make everything about fear. Healthy fear is good but to fear the consequences of missing a single sermon....I shiver.
    I was raised a Ctholic too, and don't go near that organization anymore, so hear ya. but as I'm sure you know, fear of the nuns and fear of a priest or a Pstor is NOT what the bible talks about. As you know, that's not the "fear of God" that the scriptures speak of. God loves us more than we can ever love eachother, this is true. But God also has his judgement, and for people who think they will enter heaven and give Christ a high five ir slap him on the butt and say "Hey Dude" they're in for a rude awakening. He is not coming back as the humble servant that he was when he was here the first time. He is coming back to judge first, and then to set up his kindom on earth, and to prepare streets of gold for us to walk on and mansions for us to reside. That's what the book says. For those of us who make it in, we will not be angels. It says that angels will be our servants.

  12. #87
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    3rd rock from the sun
    Posts
    247

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    362
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    132
    Thanked in
    87 Posts
    Rep Points
    -387195

    Yeah my wife's mother ran away with a Catholic Priest the day her husband died of Alcoholism and throat cancer (cheap FREE vodka, cheap free cigarettes, Socialism has its advantages but he died waiting on the waiting list for kemo, he wasn't very high up in the Party you see, was waiting for kemo for two years).

    Her mother left with the priest when my wife was 17 in high school, her brother was 16. Her mom paid the rent for their 270 sqft apartment and saw them once a month when she wasn't "cleaning the Priest's house"....so you can imagine how traumatized my wife is over Catholic hypocrisy.
    You can't strengthen the weak by weakening the strong

  13. #88
    Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD


    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    3,395

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,719
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    646
    Thanked in
    460 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Keep fighting it guys - get knocked down - get back up - trust me ~it is worth it.EVERYBODY gets knocked down - getting back up is for real men -hang in there -OD

  14. #89
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    3rd rock from the sun
    Posts
    247

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    362
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    132
    Thanked in
    87 Posts
    Rep Points
    -387195

    Quote Originally Posted by ordawg1 View Post
    Keep fighting it guys - get knocked down - get back up - trust me ~it is worth it.EVERYBODY gets knocked down - getting back up is for real men -hang in there -OD
    My wife overheard me tell a friend I had relapsed. At first she freaked out, then I gave her the book on staying sober she bought me. It said relapses WILL MOST LIKELY happen. Just admit your wrong, seek help from your helpers (AA, your wife, your friends, family) and GET UP, GET ON YOUR FEET!

    She was actually happy I admitted I relapsed, I quit that next morning by pouring about a half pint of vodka left in the fifth down the drain, been sober since Dec 10th
    (I was going thru heavy withdrawal when I started this post). Withdrawal lasted 3 days with tremors this time. Some GABA did wonders for that plus knocked me out at bedtime. I'm free now, again, just got to treat it like smoking, kicked it, never looked back. Just don't know anyone who doesn't drink in my line of work...think I might be the only guy in my group that admits I'm an Alcoholic. I just never hang out with anyone sober unless we go shoot our California modified carbines in the desert (California requires all rifles to shoot confetti....)...
    You can't strengthen the weak by weakening the strong

  15. #90
    Senior Member

    Tall Deck's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    4,207

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,013
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    885
    Thanked in
    657 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Sem View Post
    Yeah my wife's mother ran away with a Catholic Priest the day her husband died of Alcoholism and throat cancer (cheap FREE vodka, cheap free cigarettes, Socialism has its advantages but he died waiting on the waiting list for kemo, he wasn't very high up in the Party you see, was waiting for kemo for two years).

    Her mother left with the priest when my wife was 17 in high school, her brother was 16. Her mom paid the rent for their 270 sqft apartment and saw them once a month when she wasn't "cleaning the Priest's house"....so you can imagine how traumatized my wife is over Catholic hypocrisy.
    WOW!!! That must have really sucked!!! I think that for a number of Catholic priests, their religion is merely a job to them. They get free housing, free medical, free meals, and it seems to end there for them. It isn't heart felt, nor sincere on thier part. Like you said...hypocrisy. Thats too bad. But one of the things I don't agree with about catholicism, is how they demand that their prists remain celibate, and forbid them to marry. What that does is that it not only makes it tougher on the Priests for no reason, (since the Bible does not forbid people to be married) but it also tends to draw lots of strange weirdos to become prists in the first place.

    Don't get me wrong, I once had a buddy who I also worked with who just wasn;t into women. He wasn't gay. He just prefered to remain by himself. He was perfectly normal and he was a real cool guyto hang around with. Him and I used to do some fishing. the guy was hilarious and always had a great sense of humor. So I know there are guys like that, but the Catholic church should not make that decision for their prists to remain celebate and unmarried. That's a decision that should be left up to the individual, not the church. As a result, that church gets a good number of homos and child molesters who become priests. While churches of other denominations allow their pastors to be married if they so choose.
    Last edited by Tall Deck; 01-08-2020 at 03:51 AM.

Similar Threads

  1. Nuttz needs to get sober.
    By nuttz51 in forum The Pit
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-09-2015, 09:48 PM
  2. Sober
    By Big Ronnie in forum The Pit
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-23-2015, 02:31 PM
  3. Any Sober ppl on the forums?
    By pushing steel in forum Muscle Central
    Replies: 85
    Last Post: 04-13-2014, 11:47 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Copyright© 2012-2021 Anabolic Steroid Discussion Forums