Sober six months then lost it

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,405 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Inferi View Post
    Only losers drink stop the pity party everybody has problems ...you can be a drunk bum or s strong lifter your choice
    Not everyone drinks to escape or hide bro. But youíre right, if you want to sober up, then the excuses need to change to reasons to stay sober.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,502 Posts
    Rep Points

Only losers drink stop the pity party everybody has problems ...you can be a drunk bum or s strong lifter your choice
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Multislacking View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,710 Posts
    Rep Points

Fixed
    Only l drink jizz stop the party I have problems ...I can be a simple bitch or a soft cunt your choice

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,710 Posts
    Rep Points

BTW- Everyone has a vice
    and I agree with MILF King- not all drink to escape
    Although Inferi is retarded he is correct that excuses have to stop. No one but the individual going through alcohol addiction can change their life direction. This is very hard to do the longer you are in a pattern. Good luck OP.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts
    Rep Points

Hang in there I think itís great you made it as long as you did. Donít ever give up. I fought coke for many years with the same feelings of guilt. You will make it!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    213 Posts
    Rep Points

Remember that it is a simple choice between a life of endless possibilities or a life of endless consequences. Sobriety takes work and a solid commitment. Just get back to 90 in 90, don't drink between meetings, work with your sponsor, and get involved in a service commitment. Service is key for me to get out of my own head and involved in helping others. If you ever need any support PM me. 1-10-2006, that date means something to me because the only way I change is if that date stays the same.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,710 Posts
    Rep Points

For many its even more as its a choice between life and death. They think they can keep drinking even though doctors tell them if they don't stop they will die. I have a very close relative in her early 40s that has been in the ER multiple times and admitted to the hospital for lengthy stays with life threatening issues due to her alcoholism and the addiction still controls her in the face of death. It is very sad but she is the only one that can help herself at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by GJ503 View Post
    Remember that it is a simple choice between a life of endless possibilities or a life of endless consequences. Sobriety takes work and a solid commitment. Just get back to 90 in 90, don't drink between meetings, work with your sponsor, and get involved in a service commitment. Service is key for me to get out of my own head and involved in helping others. If you ever need any support PM me. 1-10-2006, that date means something to me because the only way I change is if that date stays the same.
    Last edited by lifter6973; 12-13-2019 at 07:31 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    Rep Points

Don't know you but I'm proud of you. Addiction is a medical issue that our society has handled through the use of guilt and shame. Imagine if we handled the flue that way - shaming people and looking down on them for contracting it lol. Seriously though, a
    ddiction has been shown to rewire your brain and create certain neural connections that were not previously there. I'm not trying to give you an excuse, but this does not make you weak. Your brain has been rewired to prioritize certain behaviors (i.e. finding and consuming alcohol) and altered the choice component. Just like so many of us here will always get to the gym, regardless of the weather, traffic, lack of sleep, work, etc., its just become part of our routine. Addiction causes the brain to treat substance abuse in a similar way but even worse. Then there is the physical withdrawal symptoms. Bro, you should take pride in yourself for having quit drinking, and then after falling off, for getting right back up and willing to fight.
    Relapses are part of recovery, don't be too hard on yourself. That said, you do want to take it seriously which it sounds like you clearly are. Seeing as you've been dealing with this, you've likely heard this before, but bad habits are not actually eliminated, they are replaced. Staying busy is important. So is developing new, positive habits. Just as I said your brain is rewired by addiction, your brain can also be rewired again. A different behavior will stimulate your brain to react and synapses to fire. Over time, if this different behavior is continued, the brain will adjust to promote this other behavior. This is called neuroplasticity
    (I'm not a doctor or medical professional of any kind, I'm going off of research I've looked at, experts I've spoken to, and experiences of myself and others, please excuse my medical vocabulary, it's not exact). I don't mean to bombard you with all this scientific shit, you got this. Stay strong, stay busy, and remember to be grateful for all of your blessings. Keep your mind on what you can do, not what you can't do. best of luck.

If there is anything I can do t help you out as you go through this, please do not hesitate to ask; just send me a PM, anytime.
    Last edited by Packman84; 12-13-2019 at 12:14 PM.

Carpet-Chewer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    994 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Packman84 View Post
    Don't know you but I'm proud of you. Addiction is a medical issue that our society has handled through the use of guilt and shame. Imagine if we handled the flue that way - shaming people and looking down on them for contracting it lol. Seriously though, a
    ddiction has been shown to rewire your brain and create certain neural connections that were not previously there. I'm not trying to give you an excuse, but this does not make you weak. Your brain has been rewired to prioritize certain behaviors (i.e. finding and consuming alcohol) and altered the choice component. Just like so many of us here will always get to the gym, regardless of the weather, traffic, lack of sleep, work, etc., its just become part of our routine. Addiction causes the brain to treat substance abuse in a similar way but even worse. Then there is the physical withdrawal symptoms. Bro, you should take pride in yourself for having quit drinking, and then after falling off, for getting right back up and willing to fight.
    Relapses are part of recovery, don't be too hard on yourself. That said, you do want to take it seriously which it sounds like you clearly are. Seeing as you've been dealing with this, you've likely heard this before, but bad habits are not actually eliminated, they are replaced. Staying busy is important. So is developing new, positive habits. Just as I said your brain is rewired by addiction, your brain can also be rewired again. A different behavior will stimulate your brain to react and synapses to fire. Over time, if this different behavior is continued, the brain will adjust to promote this other behavior. This is called neuroplasticity
    (I'm not a doctor or medical professional of any kind, I'm going off of research I've looked at, experts I've spoken to, and experiences of myself and others, please excuse my medical vocabulary, it's not exact). I don't mean to bombard you with all this scientific shit, you got this. Stay strong, stay busy, and remember to be grateful for all of your blessings. Keep your mind on what you can do, not what you can't do. best of luck.

If there is anything I can do t help you out as you go through this, please do not hesitate to ask; just send me a PM, anytime.
    No one chooses to get the flu or cancer.

But ppl do CHOOSE to drink....again, and again, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,405 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Augustine5I View Post
    No one chooses to get the flu or cancer.

But ppl do CHOOSE to drink....again, and again, and again.
    Yeah maybe to a point.... but he said Ďaddictioní

which by all counts is different than choosing to not go out and get fucked up. Alcohol, being readily available and socially normal... can even cause death in DTs and life threatening withdrawals.

ive never been an alcoholic per say, but nobody chooses to constantly fuck there own life up again and again unless there is a serious disorder... like being a cross dresser, itís a brain dysfunction. Canít just do what these weirdos do and say Ďitís ok, itís just you being youí. Lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,382 Posts
    Rep Points

Sorry bro.
    Damn, this board is great...
    :: Kiss::
    No, but for real all you guys are supportive as shit.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,382 Posts
    Rep Points

I also think most of us here traded out a bad habit for training and knowing how our minds work, AAS.
    I know I am, at least.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Rep Points

Everyone has an addiction. Iíd like to see some of you guys quit pussy. Or test. Or online shopping. Or whatever. We all have our short comings. Just bc your addiction is looking fit and someone elseís is getting blackout drunk. Or someone else is addicted to working and making money or spending money or whatever. We all far from perfect. I for one am proud of you man. You know what your problem is and your working on fixing it. I myself could probably use a little less drinking. And damn these women will be the death of me. But I love pussy. I love getting a buzz every now and again and I love working out and looking good In the mirror. Beat of luck to you bro. You can do it. And no one can stop you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts
    Rep Points

Bud you definitely not alone as Iím an addict myself. Just admitting you have a problem and wanting to do the right things is more then most bud. Donít give up itís a fight worth fighting even if it beats you down sometimes.

Thinking about being there for my kids and remembering their childhood and the things we have done together is the biggest motivator for me to get clean and or stay clean.

I want to enjoy my kids and their childhood by making memories that I can think back on one day. I have a couple year period I was messing up bad and I canít recall any of the things my wife or kids tell me we did of the fun times we had. That sucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk