• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Sober six months then lost it

IML Gear Cream!
Only losers drink stop the pity party everybody has problems ...you can be a drunk bum or s strong lifter your choice

Not everyone drinks to escape or hide bro. But you’re right, if you want to sober up, then the excuses need to change to reasons to stay sober.

BTW- Everyone has a vice
and I agree with MILF King- not all drink to escape
Although Inferi is retarded he is correct that excuses have to stop. No one but the individual going through alcohol addiction can change their life direction. This is very hard to do the longer you are in a pattern. Good luck OP.

Hang in there I think it’s great you made it as long as you did. Don’t ever give up. I fought coke for many years with the same feelings of guilt. You will make it!

Remember that it is a simple choice between a life of endless possibilities or a life of endless consequences. Sobriety takes work and a solid commitment. Just get back to 90 in 90, don't drink between meetings, work with your sponsor, and get involved in a service commitment. Service is key for me to get out of my own head and involved in helping others. If you ever need any support PM me. 1-10-2006, that date means something to me because the only way I change is if that date stays the same.

For many its even more as its a choice between life and death. They think they can keep drinking even though doctors tell them if they don't stop they will die. I have a very close relative in her early 40s that has been in the ER multiple times and admitted to the hospital for lengthy stays with life threatening issues due to her alcoholism and the addiction still controls her in the face of death. It is very sad but she is the only one that can help herself at this point.
Remember that it is a simple choice between a life of endless possibilities or a life of endless consequences. Sobriety takes work and a solid commitment. Just get back to 90 in 90, don't drink between meetings, work with your sponsor, and get involved in a service commitment. Service is key for me to get out of my own head and involved in helping others. If you ever need any support PM me. 1-10-2006, that date means something to me because the only way I change is if that date stays the same.

Last edited:
Don't know you but I'm proud of you. Addiction is a medical issue that our society has handled through the use of guilt and shame. Imagine if we handled the flue that way - shaming people and looking down on them for contracting it lol. Seriously though, a
ddiction has been shown to rewire your brain and create certain neural connections that were not previously there. I'm not trying to give you an excuse, but this does not make you weak. Your brain has been rewired to prioritize certain behaviors (i.e. finding and consuming alcohol) and altered the choice component. Just like so many of us here will always get to the gym, regardless of the weather, traffic, lack of sleep, work, etc., its just become part of our routine. Addiction causes the brain to treat substance abuse in a similar way but even worse. Then there is the physical withdrawal symptoms. Bro, you should take pride in yourself for having quit drinking, and then after falling off, for getting right back up and willing to fight.
Relapses are part of recovery, don't be too hard on yourself. That said, you do want to take it seriously which it sounds like you clearly are. Seeing as you've been dealing with this, you've likely heard this before, but bad habits are not actually eliminated, they are replaced. Staying busy is important. So is developing new, positive habits. Just as I said your brain is rewired by addiction, your brain can also be rewired again. A different behavior will stimulate your brain to react and synapses to fire. Over time, if this different behavior is continued, the brain will adjust to promote this other behavior. This is called neuroplasticity
(I'm not a doctor or medical professional of any kind, I'm going off of research I've looked at, experts I've spoken to, and experiences of myself and others, please excuse my medical vocabulary, it's not exact). I don't mean to bombard you with all this scientific shit, you got this. Stay strong, stay busy, and remember to be grateful for all of your blessings. Keep your mind on what you can do, not what you can't do. best of luck.

If there is anything I can do t help you out as you go through this, please do not hesitate to ask; just send me a PM, anytime.

Last edited:
Don't know you but I'm proud of you. Addiction is a medical issue that our society has handled through the use of guilt and shame. Imagine if we handled the flue that way - shaming people and looking down on them for contracting it lol. Seriously though, a
ddiction has been shown to rewire your brain and create certain neural connections that were not previously there. I'm not trying to give you an excuse, but this does not make you weak. Your brain has been rewired to prioritize certain behaviors (i.e. finding and consuming alcohol) and altered the choice component. Just like so many of us here will always get to the gym, regardless of the weather, traffic, lack of sleep, work, etc., its just become part of our routine. Addiction causes the brain to treat substance abuse in a similar way but even worse. Then there is the physical withdrawal symptoms. Bro, you should take pride in yourself for having quit drinking, and then after falling off, for getting right back up and willing to fight.
Relapses are part of recovery, don't be too hard on yourself. That said, you do want to take it seriously which it sounds like you clearly are. Seeing as you've been dealing with this, you've likely heard this before, but bad habits are not actually eliminated, they are replaced. Staying busy is important. So is developing new, positive habits. Just as I said your brain is rewired by addiction, your brain can also be rewired again. A different behavior will stimulate your brain to react and synapses to fire. Over time, if this different behavior is continued, the brain will adjust to promote this other behavior. This is called neuroplasticity
(I'm not a doctor or medical professional of any kind, I'm going off of research I've looked at, experts I've spoken to, and experiences of myself and others, please excuse my medical vocabulary, it's not exact). I don't mean to bombard you with all this scientific shit, you got this. Stay strong, stay busy, and remember to be grateful for all of your blessings. Keep your mind on what you can do, not what you can't do. best of luck.

If there is anything I can do t help you out as you go through this, please do not hesitate to ask; just send me a PM, anytime.

No one chooses to get the flu or cancer.

But ppl do CHOOSE to drink....again, and again, and again.

Get Shredded!
No one chooses to get the flu or cancer.

But ppl do CHOOSE to drink....again, and again, and again.
Yeah maybe to a point.... but he said ‘addiction’

which by all counts is different than choosing to not go out and get fucked up. Alcohol, being readily available and socially normal... can even cause death in DTs and life threatening withdrawals.

ive never been an alcoholic per say, but nobody chooses to constantly fuck there own life up again and again unless there is a serious disorder... like being a cross dresser, it’s a brain dysfunction. Can’t just do what these weirdos do and say ‘it’s ok, it’s just you being you’. Lol

Sorry bro.
Damn, this board is great...
:: Kiss::
No, but for real all you guys are supportive as shit.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

I also think most of us here traded out a bad habit for training and knowing how our minds work, AAS.
I know I am, at least.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Everyone has an addiction. I’d like to see some of you guys quit pussy. Or test. Or online shopping. Or whatever. We all have our short comings. Just bc your addiction is looking fit and someone else’s is getting blackout drunk. Or someone else is addicted to working and making money or spending money or whatever. We all far from perfect. I for one am proud of you man. You know what your problem is and your working on fixing it. I myself could probably use a little less drinking. And damn these women will be the death of me. But I love pussy. I love getting a buzz every now and again and I love working out and looking good In the mirror. Beat of luck to you bro. You can do it. And no one can stop you.

Bud you definitely not alone as I’m an addict myself. Just admitting you have a problem and wanting to do the right things is more then most bud. Don’t give up it’s a fight worth fighting even if it beats you down sometimes.

Thinking about being there for my kids and remembering their childhood and the things we have done together is the biggest motivator for me to get clean and or stay clean.

I want to enjoy my kids and their childhood by making memories that I can think back on one day. I have a couple year period I was messing up bad and I can’t recall any of the things my wife or kids tell me we did of the fun times we had. That sucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks folks for the outpouring of support. Tremors subsiding today, appetite back, wife being supportive too. With the GABA added from earlier advice I sleep thru the night now!

Thanks folks for the outpouring of support. Tremors subsiding today, appetite back, wife being supportive too. With the GABA added from earlier advice I sleep thru the night now!

Glad to hear it! It helps a lot when the spouse is supportive.

Initially yes, that is true. However, as I try to explain (poorly maybe), addiction changes the chenistry of a person's brain. All behavior does to a degree, but with certain substances and / or habits, the brains neurology is partially rewritten. The first drink is a choice, so is the 100th, but as the habit is repeated, that person's neurotransmiters begin to prioritize the addictive behavior and ask for more of it. The brains receptors come to expect it and normal functions and feelings that most people take for granted are significantly diminished, if present at all, without a drink. A similar example is cocaine. Drugs began being called dope because of it stimulated the release of dopamine in the brain. Many people who develop cocaine habits become accustomed to this influx of dopamine, as does their brain. Over time, the brains dopamine receptors come to realize that there is more than enough dopamine shooting through the brains circuitry because dopamine release is being stimulated by an outside source. Therefore, the brain's dopamine receptors stop making / releasing dopamine. The body doesn't want to work harder than it has to. Steroids have a similar effect. The body realizes that there is testosterone coming into the body and stops making the hormone itself. However, the brain is much trickier and can convince a person to give it what it wants. Additionally, without dopamine being released naturally, habits that are hard for most people to break become significantly harder because it must be done without the same reward system of feeling good when making a positive choice. Instead, the immediate reward occurs when the wrong choice is made. Alcohol also rewires the brain and alters the choice aspect of using it. Still, there clearly is a choice, otherwise no one would ever get sober. Like I said, I'm not trying to offer excuses. However, what is far less of a choice is relapse. That can occur almost instinctually. I've heard people describe blacking out before relapsing and not remembering how it started. I've also heard people describe not realizing they relapsed until after it was too late. All I'm saying is that this guy shouldn't beat himself up over the relapse part, but rather focus on the recovery. One way of writing over the changes made to the brain during addiction is to find a new, healthy habit to focus on. Overtime, you can mold the brain back into a normal brain.

Put more simply, yes drinking is a choice. However, once a person has developed a serious addiction it becomes a more difficult choice to not drink; but it is still a choice. However, a relapse is not always a conscious decision. Therefore, it is not always a choice because the doctors and medical professionals have found that the brain has essentially developed a disorder. That said, stopping drinking and moving in a positive direction in life is a choice. Also, a person can die from alcohol withdrawal. If the choosing not to drink means death, that's tough to classify as a choice. Finally, I'm not a doctor so feel free to disregard what I'm saying. I'm paraphrasing how it was explained to me from multiple perspectives including neurologists and other doctors. I have strange interests and how the brain works is one of them. I'll stop with the excessively long responses now.

IML Gear Cream!
Update?? Are you still sober?

Yep, 6 months. No excuse for falling off the wagon but in that 6 months I became buffer, more polished than ever. Quiting today, been drinking a fifth a day of vodka for 3 weeks. Not all at once just over the day, ED.

AA said I must share my weakness so beside my close personal friends I consider you folks bros. Alcohol really sucks, it takes me 3-5 days to stop shaking. Alcohol ruins your metabolism, shrinks your penis, and if your wired like me it brings out all your dark guilty feelings. I have a lot of guilt I never processed.

I chose vodka @ 4 calories a shot vs beer....plus I've worked in Eastern EU so vodka is king there. Sorry to whine, I can't believe i'm here after 6 months of getting right.
Addiction is the sign of a weak mind, zero willpower, total selfishness and a complete lack of respect for oneself.
I feel the same about PTSD, most of those motherfuckers make that shit up to get paid.
Its also passed down from poor, weak genes by ancestors that should've been culled from the herd....only the strong survive motherfucker.
Dont cry in here, you're not getting any sympathy except from other weak, beta bitches that will never be happy with themselves when they look in the mirror....and they wonder why their bitches cheat on them, they cant get a good job or if they're working, move up or get financial compensation....
A types smell inferior genes, you cant hide it....not from a leader, someone everyone admires and is afraid to speak to....we're like the super gorgeous bitches weak fucks like you are scared to look at let alone have the sack to try to spark up a convo....
Fuck it man, go find a cave to dwell in until you decide its over or find your fucking balls be a man.

Go fuck yourself,
Hercule Poirot

my FDA company phone

Update?? Are you still sober?

Yes! Still sober, in the gym more, took my daughter shopping so she could "buy" mommy some gifts. She's into me for $200 but she can pay me back with good grades ;-)

Addiction is the sign of a weak mind, zero willpower, total selfishness and a complete lack of respect for oneself.
I feel the same about PTSD, most of those motherfuckers make that shit up to get paid.
Its also passed down from poor, weak genes by ancestors that should've been culled from the herd....only the strong survive motherfucker.
Dont cry in here, you're not getting any sympathy except from other weak, beta bitches that will never be happy with themselves when they look in the mirror....and they wonder why their bitches cheat on them, they cant get a good job or if they're working, move up or get financial compensation....
A types smell inferior genes, you cant hide it....not from a leader, someone everyone admires and is afraid to speak to....we're like the super gorgeous bitches weak fucks like you are scared to look at let alone have the sack to try to spark up a convo....
Fuck it man, go find a cave to dwell in until you decide its over or find your fucking balls be a man.

Go fuck yourself,
Hercule Poirot

my FDA company phone
Merry Christmas sweetheart.

Yep, 6 months. No excuse for falling off the wagon but in that 6 months I became buffer, more polished than ever. Quiting today, been drinking a fifth a day of vodka for 3 weeks. Not all at once just over the day, ED.

AA said I must share my weakness so beside my close personal friends I consider you folks bros. Alcohol really sucks, it takes me 3-5 days to stop shaking. Alcohol ruins your metabolism, shrinks your penis, and if your wired like me it brings out all your dark guilty feelings. I have a lot of guilt I never processed.

I chose vodka @ 4 calories a shot vs beer....plus I've worked in Eastern EU so vodka is king there. Sorry to whine, I can't believe i'm here after 6 months of getting right.
I used to drink everyday till I blacked out from the time I was 15 till I was 23. Eventually it just got old. I will on occasion "fall of the wagon" but you can't let it destroy you. Just cause you got drunk one night don't let it guilt trip you into drinking continually.

I can have 3 beers or 30 beers fuck yeah after I drink a shitload I feel like hell. But sometimes it's best to remind yourself where you came from and why you don't do that shit anymore.

My advice would be to get on a mood stabilizer or maybe getting some non narcotic anxiety meds. I know a guy who had good results with the meds that make you vomit if you even consume alcohol. Now the smell of booze makes him sick.

Just my 2cents bro but don't beat yourself up over it. Everyone fucks up sometimes, and one fuck up shouldn't lead to 15 more fuck ups.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yes! Still sober, in the gym more, took my daughter shopping so she could "buy" mommy some gifts. She's into me for $200 but she can pay me back with good grades ;-)

That great man. Seems like you’re out of the woods so to speak

That great man. Seems like you’re out of the woods so to speak

Yes this is the easy part, just won't hang out with friends that drink this New Years. Now its a matter of managing what "triggers" me to want to drink, like politics today, or my wife bitching, boredom...gained back all my losses from the 3 week binge, guess my body was just dehydrated? Within a week+ of being sober I had mostly bounced back physically and the tremors only lasted 3 days..

Now to get my dead lift back to 555lbs like when I was in my twenties...I'm stuck at 415 3 reps...but Its not bad for a grey haired man....

The GABA works great to smooth me out and I take a gram before bed with citruline, creatine, Agranine, taurine, tumeric etc.The GABA really works, not sure how effective it is for HGH release but it definitely lessens any anxiety without being a drug. Also really does put you to sleep at night.

Back