• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Spartacus....

GYMnTONIC

Super Moderator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
These clowns are useless....totally useless. This isn't an issue anywhere. And wtf is wrong with the State of California?

Sen. Cory Booker announces 1st federal bill to ban natural hair discrimination

"Discrimination against black hair is discrimination against black people."

https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Style/se...ETSjfEEfdfT8hG8nRK0eNJNsn0q_syCPxNS2eh1EUT1_k

Sen. Cory Booker, D-N.J., has officially taken action to support the CROWN Act (Create a Respectful and Open Workplace for Natural Hair) with the announcement of a new bill.
On Thursday, he unveiled the bill which bans discrimination based on hair textures and hairstyles commonly associated with a particular race or national origin.
Rep. Cedric Richmond, a Democrat who represents Louisiana's 2nd District, also introduced companion legislation in the House of Representatives, and is joined by congresswomen Ayanna Pressley, Marcia Fudge and Barbara Lee.
"Discrimination against black hair is discrimination against black people," Booker said in a statement. "Implicit and explicit biases against natural hair are deeply ingrained in workplace norms and society at large. This is a violation of our civil rights, and it happens every day for black people across the country."
In July, California became the first state to ban natural hair discrimination. Shortly after, New York became the second state to enact the ban. Several other states are considering passing similar legislation.
(MORE: California becomes the 1st state to ban natural hair discrimination)

Assemblywoman Angela McKnight who is sponsoring New Jersey Bill A-5564, which amends New Jersey’s Law against Discrimination to include the term "race" as inclusive of hair texture and protective hairstyles, expressed her excitement for Booker's efforts in a statement.
"As a New Jersey legislator and as a black woman who wears her hair natural, I'm proud to be a part of this movement to protect Americans from systemic discrimination based on racial traits such as hairstyles; and I welcome Senator Booker to the cause," she said.
natural-hair-rf-gty-ml-190628_hpMain_16x9_992.jpg

camera.svg

An undated stock photo depicts a young woman with curly hair.
An undated stock photo depicts a young woman with curly hair.STOCK PHOTO/Getty Images

"I applaud Senator Booker for amplifying our charge in New Jersey to advocate for those nationally who have been forced to change their hair in order to appeal to Euro-centric standards as a condition to pursue economic advancement."

This is just to make them feel good about themselves.

If there were specific incidents of discrimination against natural hair, they would have cited it in the story.

If this has ever happened, then sure, make an example of the narrow minded fool who did and move on.

Only in California, the land of fruits and nuts...

hmm well good for them.. Not sure that making this into law is going to stop or change anything especially in California as it is a non existent problem.... It would be like enacting a law that strictly prohibits the hunting of wild elephants in New Jersey.

I mean this is a state that wants to make all bathrooms non-Gender specific. You really think hair is being discriminated against?

I think that chicks hair is sexy in the picture.

Well then this poses questions (keep in mind I am part of the ‘euro-centric’ population)....

are dreads natural?

what about basic hygiene? It’s actually fairly unnatural to bathe daily so.....

I agree, those who are qualified should be considered for employment without discriminating biases based on looks. But what kind of worms will come from imposing laws that can be used to file lawsuits based on someone not getting a job (due to lack of qualification, then subsequently accusing the employer of breaking the law by implying they were not hired or were fired because the had hair )

On second thought, I have been denied jobs because of my physical appearance....NBA literally turned me down because of my impaired height... I was easily better than Kobe and lebron..

lol, I actually don’t care about this at all. Just wanted to annoy people and get a convo started about another anti racist law that will inevitably cause controversy..

[QUOTE=Milford King;1614560

On second thought, I have been denied jobs because of my physical appearance....NBA literally turned me down because of my impaired height... I was easily better than Kobe and lebron..

Lol impaired height. I used that excuse the other day while talking about the NBA lmao

I think that chicks hair is sexy in the picture.
thats not natural hair, and she has highlights, woman spend hours on there hair just to leave the house so no woman has natural hair, only homeless people have natural hair

Lol, the left is a total laughingstock, seriously wtf is wrong with these people

IML Gear Cream!
What a nappy ass bill for some nappy ass hair!

Seriously that's the stupidest shit I've heard all day. Is this really an issue?

thats not natural hair, and she has highlights, woman spend hours on there hair just to leave the house so no woman has natural hair, only homeless people have natural hair

Correct it's not but I definitely dig that look.

Its usually hair from horses, they pay to have it installed. To call it natural is laughable, with that said I dont really care how they wear it.

Whatever happened to looking professional if you want a professional job, a lot of jobs out there want you to be well groomed or cover up tattoos or take out piercings

The dems should quit beating around the bush and pass a law denying employers the right to set their own guidelines, government will set it for them

My wife's hair looks like that. Well it would if she didn't take care of it and nurture it. And she's an actual "African-American" but also white. But this bill won't effect her at all. Not because we live in Mexico but because there's not a chance in hell she will ever work.

Its just so assholes can't fire people for not having "traditional" hairstyles.
Now racist jesus joints like Ruby Tuesday can't fire employees for having a fro... They will have to make up some other reason.

Granted, its largely just another Democrat "not a real thing, but damn it kinda makes me feel good" bills that they love to pass, but its a do nothing feel good bill so everybody may choose to continue to be racist and or not like afros.

Its just so assholes can't fire people for not having "traditional" hairstyles.
Now racist jesus joints like Ruby Tuesday can't fire employees for having a fro... They will have to make up some other reason.

Granted, its largely just another Democrat "not a real thing, but damn it kinda makes me feel good" bills that they love to pass, but its a do nothing feel good bill so everybody may choose to continue to be racist and or not like afros.
sounds cool til sheronda's 12 inch weave is in your chicken sandwich

You know the next thing is those six inch fake nails that prevent them from pecking away no faster than with a pencil at the DMV, VA, etc. “Cultural fake nails”. You racist fucks.

You know the next thing is those six inch fake nails that prevent them from pecking away no faster than with a pencil at the DMV, VA, etc. “Cultural fake nails”. You racist fucks.
but you know you love it when you want your back scratched

By DaLa Twaneesha? Not really.

Get Shredded!
This is the best this moron can do with our dime.. ffs this is just asinine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Correct it's not but I definitely dig that look.
I like the look on chicks with dark skin. it's kinda gross and looks outta place when chicks with pastey white faces get their hair done like that IMO.

My wife's hair looks like that. Well it would if she didn't take care of it and nurture it. And she's an actual "African-American" but also white. But this bill won't effect her at all. Not because we live in Mexico but because there's not a chance in hell she will ever work.
is that because she doesn't want to work, you won't let her work, or they don't hire any women to work in Mexico?

Man O man now that is disgusting. I hear ya

Back