Nearly 700,000 will lose food stamps with USDA work requirement change

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 37
  1. #1
    Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

    WesleyInman's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    4,306

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3,974
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,789
    Thanked in
    1,423 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Nearly 700,000 will lose food stamps with USDA work requirement change

    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...Djg5dV9DbdsJ90

    The Trump administration Wednesday formalized work requirements for recipients of food stamps, a move that will cause hundreds of thousands of people to lose access to the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program or SNAP.
    Agriculture Secretary Sonny Perdue and Brandon Lipps, the deputy undersecretary for the USDAís Food Nutrition and Consumer Services, spent about 18 minutes on a call with reporters outlining the changes to the rule that will take effect April 1.
    ďWeíre taking action to reform our SNAP program in order to restore the dignity of work to a sizable segment of our population and be respectful of the taxpayers who fund the program,Ē Perdue said. ďAmericans are generous people who believe it is their responsibility to help their fellow citizens when they encounter a difficult stretch. Thatís the commitment behind SNAP, but, like other welfare programs, it was never intended to be a way of life.Ē

  2. #2
    Senior Member

    dnewell2004's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    205

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    38
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    165
    Thanked in
    93 Posts
    Rep Points
    9371909

    Quote Originally Posted by WesleyInman View Post
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...Djg5dV9DbdsJ90

    The Trump administration Wednesday formalized work requirements for recipients of food stamps, a move that will cause hundreds of thousands of people to lose access to the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program or SNAP.
    Agriculture Secretary Sonny Perdue and Brandon Lipps, the deputy undersecretary for the USDAís Food Nutrition and Consumer Services, spent about 18 minutes on a call with reporters outlining the changes to the rule that will take effect April 1.
    ďWeíre taking action to reform our SNAP program in order to restore the dignity of work to a sizable segment of our population and be respectful of the taxpayers who fund the program,Ē Perdue said. ďAmericans are generous people who believe it is their responsibility to help their fellow citizens when they encounter a difficult stretch. Thatís the commitment behind SNAP, but, like other welfare programs, it was never intended to be a way of life.Ē
    Call me what you want but I agree. Too many people made it a way of life. Why is it that because I work and have bills to pay that my kids have to go hungry while other people sit on their asses and pop out kids and live on the system.

    Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Senior Member

    Tmart's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    3,167

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    254
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    656
    Thanked in
    426 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by dnewell2004 View Post
    Call me what you want but I agree. Too many people made it a way of life. Why is it that because I work and have bills to pay that my kids have to go hungry while other people sit on their asses and pop out kids and live on the system.

    Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    absofuckinlutely. And that last sentence is the 100 percent honest truth that people fail to realize. Along with welfare, this was never intended to be a way of life

  4. #4
    Arnold
    ADMINISTRATOR

    The Admin's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    18,037

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    480
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    7,624
    Thanked in
    4,033 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Great news, the system is abused and our tax $ pay for these leaches.

  5. #5
    Senior Member

    E.J.D's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    in the gym
    Posts
    1,111

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    233
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    509
    Thanked in
    358 Posts
    Rep Points
    1916590589

    The welfare system was a great idea when first introduced. A stop gap, TEMPORARY help to get you thru while you get back on your feet when life beats you down.. but Shithead, dbags ruined it by making it a way of life.

  6. #6
    Senior Member

    BigJym's Avatar


    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Beer in Shower, USA
    Posts
    656

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    134
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    200
    Thanked in
    143 Posts
    Rep Points
    6284006

    Outlaw abortions and punish kids by starving them cause their parents are irresponsible.

    As cool as it looks on paper this is the reality of it. I LOVE BABIES UNBORN, but one you're born fuck you your parents and the food you need to live.

    This Nationalist believes in taking care of Americans. Nobody should be hungry. If we can afford a 20,000 dollar bomb to kill a guy making $2 a year we can afford to feed the less fortunate.
    Last edited by BigJym; 12-04-2019 at 04:50 PM.

  7. #7
    Senior Member

    pain&sweat's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    113

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    55
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    64
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    Rep Points
    4217731

    Just last week this girl in front of me was chatting at the checkout counter with her Gf " can we drop my grocery off fist before hitting the so and so house. ups is showing My iPhone 11 delivered" then Pays with a benefit card I'm like WTF. Hmm can't afford grocery's but can get a 700$ phone. System broken way to long for my liking.

  8. #8
    NO LIMITS.
    SUPER MOD

    HFO3's Avatar


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    8,035

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,896
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,861
    Thanked in
    2,333 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    There is no good answer....However, Iím glad to see some folks losing it, too many criminals take advantage of the system. You should be limited to beans, rice, milk, cheese, eggs, nuts and peanut butter. If thats not good enough for you, tough shit.

  9. #9
    Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

    TripleOvertime's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    9,204

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,334
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,997
    Thanked in
    1,919 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    The system has been abused and taken advantage of by too many for far too long. I'm happy to this.

  10. #10
    Senior Member

    MindlessWork's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    9,164

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    7,679
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,073
    Thanked in
    1,687 Posts
    Rep Points
    2146539860

    Quote Originally Posted by HFO3 View Post
    There is no good answer....However, Iím glad to see some folks losing it, too many criminals take advantage of the system. You should be limited to beans, rice, milk, cheese, eggs, nuts and peanut butter. If thats not good enough for you, tough shit.
    I see too many broke-ass people buy soda, chips candy and other junk food for their kids and pay with an EBT card. That what makes my blood boil. SNAP needs to be like WIC where only certain things can be bought with food stamps such as produce, milk bread and basic meats. No junk or prepared food.

    No wonder it gets misused...

  11. #11
    Senior Member

    Downsouth's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    349

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    21
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Rep Points
    1789597467

    Quote Originally Posted by BigJym View Post
    Outlaw abortions and punish kids by starving them cause their parents are irresponsible.

    As cool as it looks on paper this is the reality of it. I LOVE BABIES UNBORN, but one you're born fuck you your parents and the food you need to live.

    This Nationalist believes in taking care of Americans. Nobody should be hungry. If we can afford a 20,000 dollar bomb to kill a guy making $2 a year we can afford to feed the less fortunate.
    Maybe their parents should take care of their responsibilities. Dont act like it's my fault they had kids with no financial plan, nor the work ethic to make a living. Jobs can be had, no excuse really.

  12. #12
    Senior Member

    MindlessWork's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    9,164

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    7,679
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,073
    Thanked in
    1,687 Posts
    Rep Points
    2146539860

    Quote Originally Posted by TripleOvertime View Post
    The system has been abused and taken advantage of by too many for far too long. I'm happy to this.
    SNAP is meant to be temporary not for life. I was on SNAP myself for a time after I was unemployed for a while after a layoff and got no interviews or offers. Was only on it a few months till I found a job then got off them.

  13. #13
    NO LIMITS.
    SUPER MOD

    HFO3's Avatar


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    8,035

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,896
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,861
    Thanked in
    2,333 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by MindlessWork View Post
    SNAP is meant to be temporary not for life. I was on SNAP myself for a time after I was unemployed for a while after a layoff and got no interviews or offers. Was only on it a few months till I found a job then got off them.
    Thatís what I believe itís meant for, not because you have kids and donít want a real job.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #14
    Senior Member

    MindlessWork's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    9,164

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    7,679
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,073
    Thanked in
    1,687 Posts
    Rep Points
    2146539860

    Quote Originally Posted by HFO3 View Post
    Thatís what I believe itís meant for, not because you have kids and donít want a real job.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Exactly...and that is how it should be. People who are able to work should be out there looking for work not fucking around.

    Same goes for cash welfare and Section 8.
    Last edited by MindlessWork; 12-04-2019 at 07:01 PM.

  15. #15
    Senior Member

    CompoundLifts31's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    The Sunshine State
    Age
    35
    Posts
    8,638

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4,947
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,232
    Thanked in
    2,335 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Damn this is awesome

    Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Similar Threads

  1. Brands Who Change Identity Many Times Lose Consumers
    By The Admin in forum Muscle Central
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-25-2018, 05:11 AM
  2. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-31-2017, 02:41 AM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-23-2016, 01:34 PM
  4. Louisiana governor looks to strip food stamps from abusers
    By Skip Foursome in forum Muscle Central
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-04-2013, 08:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Copyright© 2012-2020 Anabolic Steroid Discussion Forums