SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,423 Posts
    Rep Points

Nearly 700,000 will lose food stamps with USDA work requirement change

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...Djg5dV9DbdsJ90

The Trump administration Wednesday formalized work requirements for recipients of food stamps, a move that will cause hundreds of thousands of people to lose access to the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program or SNAP.
    Agriculture Secretary Sonny Perdue and Brandon Lipps, the deputy undersecretary for the USDAís Food Nutrition and Consumer Services, spent about 18 minutes on a call with reporters outlining the changes to the rule that will take effect April 1.
    ďWeíre taking action to reform our SNAP program in order to restore the dignity of work to a sizable segment of our population and be respectful of the taxpayers who fund the program,Ē Perdue said. ďAmericans are generous people who believe it is their responsibility to help their fellow citizens when they encounter a difficult stretch. Thatís the commitment behind SNAP, but, like other welfare programs, it was never intended to be a way of life.Ē

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by WesleyInman View Post
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...Djg5dV9DbdsJ90

The Trump administration Wednesday formalized work requirements for recipients of food stamps, a move that will cause hundreds of thousands of people to lose access to the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program or SNAP.
    Agriculture Secretary Sonny Perdue and Brandon Lipps, the deputy undersecretary for the USDAís Food Nutrition and Consumer Services, spent about 18 minutes on a call with reporters outlining the changes to the rule that will take effect April 1.
    ďWeíre taking action to reform our SNAP program in order to restore the dignity of work to a sizable segment of our population and be respectful of the taxpayers who fund the program,Ē Perdue said. ďAmericans are generous people who believe it is their responsibility to help their fellow citizens when they encounter a difficult stretch. Thatís the commitment behind SNAP, but, like other welfare programs, it was never intended to be a way of life.Ē
    Call me what you want but I agree. Too many people made it a way of life. Why is it that because I work and have bills to pay that my kids have to go hungry while other people sit on their asses and pop out kids and live on the system.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    426 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by dnewell2004 View Post
    Call me what you want but I agree. Too many people made it a way of life. Why is it that because I work and have bills to pay that my kids have to go hungry while other people sit on their asses and pop out kids and live on the system.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    absofuckinlutely. And that last sentence is the 100 percent honest truth that people fail to realize. Along with welfare, this was never intended to be a way of life

Arnold
    ADMINISTRATOR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,033 Posts
    Rep Points

Great news, the system is abused and our tax $ pay for these leaches.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    358 Posts
    Rep Points

The welfare system was a great idea when first introduced. A stop gap, TEMPORARY help to get you thru while you get back on your feet when life beats you down.. but Shithead, dbags ruined it by making it a way of life.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts
    Rep Points

Outlaw abortions and punish kids by starving them cause their parents are irresponsible.

As cool as it looks on paper this is the reality of it. I LOVE BABIES UNBORN, but one you're born fuck you your parents and the food you need to live.

This Nationalist believes in taking care of Americans. Nobody should be hungry. If we can afford a 20,000 dollar bomb to kill a guy making $2 a year we can afford to feed the less fortunate.
    Last edited by BigJym; 12-04-2019 at 04:50 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    Rep Points

Just last week this girl in front of me was chatting at the checkout counter with her Gf " can we drop my grocery off fist before hitting the so and so house. ups is showing My iPhone 11 delivered" then Pays with a benefit card I'm like WTF. Hmm can't afford grocery's but can get a 700$ phone. System broken way to long for my liking.

NO LIMITS.
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,333 Posts
    Rep Points

There is no good answer....However, Iím glad to see some folks losing it, too many criminals take advantage of the system. You should be limited to beans, rice, milk, cheese, eggs, nuts and peanut butter. If thats not good enough for you, tough shit.

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,919 Posts
    Rep Points

The system has been abused and taken advantage of by too many for far too long. I'm happy to this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,687 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by HFO3 View Post
    There is no good answer....However, Iím glad to see some folks losing it, too many criminals take advantage of the system. You should be limited to beans, rice, milk, cheese, eggs, nuts and peanut butter. If thats not good enough for you, tough shit.
    I see too many broke-ass people buy soda, chips candy and other junk food for their kids and pay with an EBT card. That what makes my blood boil. SNAP needs to be like WIC where only certain things can be bought with food stamps such as produce, milk bread and basic meats. No junk or prepared food.

No wonder it gets misused...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by BigJym View Post
    Outlaw abortions and punish kids by starving them cause their parents are irresponsible.

As cool as it looks on paper this is the reality of it. I LOVE BABIES UNBORN, but one you're born fuck you your parents and the food you need to live.

This Nationalist believes in taking care of Americans. Nobody should be hungry. If we can afford a 20,000 dollar bomb to kill a guy making $2 a year we can afford to feed the less fortunate.
    Maybe their parents should take care of their responsibilities. Dont act like it's my fault they had kids with no financial plan, nor the work ethic to make a living. Jobs can be had, no excuse really.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,687 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by TripleOvertime View Post
    The system has been abused and taken advantage of by too many for far too long. I'm happy to this.
    SNAP is meant to be temporary not for life. I was on SNAP myself for a time after I was unemployed for a while after a layoff and got no interviews or offers. Was only on it a few months till I found a job then got off them.

NO LIMITS.
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,333 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by MindlessWork View Post
    SNAP is meant to be temporary not for life. I was on SNAP myself for a time after I was unemployed for a while after a layoff and got no interviews or offers. Was only on it a few months till I found a job then got off them.
    Thatís what I believe itís meant for, not because you have kids and donít want a real job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,687 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by HFO3 View Post
    Thatís what I believe itís meant for, not because you have kids and donít want a real job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Exactly...and that is how it should be. People who are able to work should be out there looking for work not fucking around.

Same goes for cash welfare and Section 8.
    Last edited by MindlessWork; 12-04-2019 at 07:01 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,335 Posts
    Rep Points

Damn this is awesome

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk