• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Marijuana legalization worldwide

IML Gear Cream!
That alcohol is safer than weed.. experienced users as I'm sure most here of us are with both substances should be able to agree on this I would think

Sent from my 6062W using Tapatalk

what do you mean safer ? If you’re saying its safer to drive high rather than drive drunk, I agree with that 100%. However, I’m sure we both agree impaired motor skills, decreased cognitive function are both results of being high and intoxicated, neither is good, imo. Drunks are generally more careless, speed more, swerve more, or even fall asleep behind the wheel leading to the higher number of fatalities. I estimate the average fender benders are caused predominately by high drivers because they just drive poorly when high, e.g. mostly annoying minor accidents

what do you mean safer ? If you’re saying its safer to drive high rather than drive drunk, I agree with that 100%. However, I’m sure we both agree impaired motor skills, decreased cognitive function are both results of being high and intoxicated, neither is good, imo. Drunks are generally more careless, speed more, swerve more, or even fall asleep behind the wheel leading to the higher number of fatalities. I estimate the average fender benders are caused predominately by high drivers because they just drive poorly when high, e.g. mostly annoying minor accidents

Having been a stoner long ago, I can vouch that most people when high and presented with the option to drive are likely to say "Fuck that! I'll walk... 15 miles? It'll be a good walk..." or maybe even "Fuck that! I don't need to go anywhere, I got this box of donuts and a lot of good shit on tv here..."

Drunk, tho... it's "Fuck yeah I got this driving shit no prob let's GO!"

Thought this thread could use some pics as I was caring for my girls this morning

Attachments

• PhotoPictureResizer_191207_082050523_crop_2714x3096.jpg
    PhotoPictureResizer_191207_082050523_crop_2714x3096.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 17
  • PhotoPictureResizer_191207_074444756_crop_3057x2769.jpg
    PhotoPictureResizer_191207_074444756_crop_3057x2769.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 18
  • PhotoPictureResizer_191207_074311871_crop_2627x3302.jpg
    PhotoPictureResizer_191207_074311871_crop_2627x3302.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 18
Having been a stoner long ago, I can vouch that most people when high and presented with the option to drive are likely to say "Fuck that! I'll walk... 15 miles? It'll be a good walk..." or maybe even "Fuck that! I don't need to go anywhere, I got this box of donuts and a lot of good shit on tv here..."

Drunk, tho... it's "Fuck yeah I got this driving shit no prob let's GO!"

ha! touche’.... thats one of a couple of big reasons why I don’t smoke weed, when I am high, I become a silly Pro-crastinating lazy ass that would prefer to grow roots in my couch and order a pizza pie to the front door, than dine at a 5 star restaurant enjoying a perfectly cooked filet mignon lol It’s funny because I have a friend, she holds down a lucrative dog sitting gig, she’s a cheerleader, she is graduating TCU on an academic scholarship, and she has been high since I met her 4 years ago, she is my dog sitter...we are not all wired the sameway haha

I agree..my point was I thought you were arguing that the legal sale of alcohol is something you are for, but you are against the legal selling of weed. In which I could argue this forever. My point is.. if you are fine with legal booze and against legal weed you are in denial and or not a experienced user of both. One clearly dominates the other in user effects. Do people get DT's and die on weed? Do they black out on weed? I could go on and on with the reasons alcohol is stronger and causes more issues, I think we all know this..
.govt finally figured it's time to get their hands on the money..and the times are changing and adapting.. weed is safer than alcohol, that is all.

I agree..my point was I thought you were arguing that the legal sale of alcohol is something you are for, but you are against the legal selling of weed. In which I could argue this forever. My point is.. if you are fine with legal booze and against legal weed you are in denial and or not a experienced user of both. One clearly dominates the other in user effects. Do people get DT's and die on weed? Do they black out on weed? I could go on and on with the reasons alcohol is stronger and causes more issues, I think we all know this..
.govt finally figured it's time to get their hands on the money..and the times are changing and adapting.. weed is safer than alcohol, that is all.

not at all If I came off that way I didn’t intend to...I believe our liberties to choose how we live our lives are paramount and in addition to what you already said, great point on Alcohol withdraw and DT’s Ive seen that and that is a terribly scary place to be in life. I was recently reading CA is crushing the legal weed industry due to the high taxes ... making things that much harder to stay in business which just hands the money back to the black market dealers, round and round we go...

Get Shredded!
Personally, I think it should be legal nationwide. My concern with that is big tobacco would probably swoop in and fuck it all up for growers or lobby for laws that prohibit me from growing. I honestly like Trump’s non action on this, allowing states to do their own thing, besides he’s got way more important shit to deal with. No doubt there are states with draconian laws for marijuana still, vote those fuckers out. This country historically has failed controlling vices like alcohol and weed and they’re not about to get good at it anytime soon.

Dirty money in politicians pockets from Tobacco and Big Pharma will keep AAS and Cannabis from being legal federally for a long time.

Sativa?

I used to really like that orange crush... or kush... not sure, but it didn’t make me paranoid and it gave me energy, or at least the desire to get shit done.

Personally, I think it should be legal nationwide. My concern with that is big tobacco would probably swoop in and fuck it all up for growers or lobby for laws that prohibit me from growing. I honestly like Trump’s non action on this, allowing states to do their own thing, besides he’s got way more important shit to deal with. No doubt there are states with draconian laws for marijuana still, vote those fuckers out. This country historically has failed controlling vices like alcohol and weed and they’re not about to get good at it anytime soon.

Dirty money in politicians pockets from Tobacco and Big Pharma will keep AAS and Cannabis from being legal federally for a long time.

Possible, but I don't think either Big Tobacco or Big Pharma has the power to do that anymore.

Big Tobacco, you may remember, got smacked down by the states' AG's in the 90's after 50+ years of attacking what we "know" about the harm of smoking by fighting the science behind it with FUD. And it worked -- they got decades of continuing profits (tens or hundreds of billions $?) and expanding their business throughout the world, particularly China and other 3rd world countries, so that by the time they lost the fight in US courts and in public opinion, it didn't matter... the monetary penalties even at billions of dollars were entirely affordable, and they simply shifted most of their attention overseas. Sure, the US may have become a highly restricted market with severe limits on their ads, requirements to put "CIGS KILL" warnings everywhere, and < 20% of the public even smoking anymore (and diminishing), but they're doing just fine in the world market. Microsoft did the exact same thing in the computer industry in the 90's and wound up paying slap-on-the-wrist multi-billion judgements in the US and Europe but still dominated the markets for 20+ years illegitimately and wound up WAY ahead money-wise. Big Oil is doing the same thing now with Anthropogenic Global Warming, spreading FUD with the help of the Koch Bros. and other oil interests, running any GOP lawmakers out of office if they even quietly whisper that AGW is a thing (pro-science AGW-is-real Republicans went extinct around 2010 due to all the primary challenges -- e.g. replaced by the likes of Trey Gowdy, if you're in a Google frame of mind), and pushing off that day of reckoning for a few more decades in the interest of their own profits. Convincing the right wing uninformed and/or (usually "and") unintelligent voter base via the Fox News Bubble that "AGW is a sham!" is an astonishing genius of a sham in itself... gotta tip my hat to em. But that's the American Way and long has been. Cash is King.

Big Pharma, they just got smacked down in multiple ways by the courts and gov't and are unlikely to see their power resurge anytime soon. They killed too many middle class white kids. Opioid epidemic. Now, if you kill black kids with heroin, crack, or the associated violence, it's no big deal... you can even kill poor trailer trash whites with their meth labs and it's also not quite a national emergency. It's not their fault, it just turns out that those pills are super good, addictive, and deadly, and it didn't help that China threw industrial quantities of cheap fentanyl into the mix, but that's the way the cookie crumbles.

I just don't see Big Pharma able to stop the marijuana business juggernaut now that's it's already gotten started. Some huge companies are already heavily invested, large piles of cash in motion both industrially and lobbyingally... er, legislatively... and they won't quit without a fight at the corporate level, where the real fights happen. And now the national banks want a piece of the action, not as foes of marijuana but as friends. Too much cash in motion and the banks want to convert that to normal electronic money and take their cut. It's completely inevitable. And in this case, the result is a good thing.

I agree w/ you about Trump. He was the one GOP candidate in 2016 that had any tolerance for the legalization of weed. The rest of the GOP has their heads firmly up their a... I mean... firmly in the past. I was worried about Jeff Sessions and his rabid anti-weed declarations but then he got canned. Woot.

I know nearly all of us here support legalization,
Wrong. Weed is for stoners. Just cuz everyone here uses gear doesn't have to mean they're a stoner.

That's what I don't understand, weed is the 1 thing that we all love!
Maybe you do, but not me. I gave it up when I was a teenager.

It’s no worse than alcohol...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
X2 I agree. That's why I don't drink anymore either.

.... But I don't want people walking around in public smoking away. In your home, car is fine just not out in public around other peeps
X2. Good point. In your home, sure. IDK about in your car, if you'll be driving it shortly after.

Wrong. Weed is for stoners. Just cuz everyone here uses gear doesn't have to mean they're a stoner.

That's why I said "nearly all". If less than 90% of us in this forum are for legalization I'd be shocked.

Maybe you do, but not me. I gave it up when I was a teenager.

But are you ok w/ continuing to send people to prison for marijuana offenses? And continuing to spend your tax dollars on all the LE -- cops, lawyers, judges, prisons -- to make that happen?

I quit smoking weed on July 17 1992 and wasn't planning on ever doing it again until medical conditions and more recent research made me reconsider, got my card and gave it another try back in 2015. I am completely against pills and resist taking even ibuprofen, pills are just so dirty to me and I'm so happy to have a cleaner option. I've built so much appreciation now that I medicate with a purpose and feel so much better

I quit smoking weed on July 17 1992 and wasn't planning on ever doing it again until medical conditions and more recent research made me reconsider, got my card and gave it another try back in 2015. I am completely against pills and resist taking even ibuprofen, pills are just so dirty to me and I'm so happy to have a cleaner option. I've built so much appreciation now that I medicate with a purpose and feel so much better

Good point, this is exactly what I was talking about in an earlier post on this topic. At least with the marijuana you don't have to be concerned with becoming addicted like with those nasty pills doctors get kick-backs to prescribe. I'm not suggesting some people don't need pills, some certainly do for sure. With marijuana you can stop at any time and not feel like you're going through hell over it. It's more than obvious some people do get benefits from it so it should be legal. I can think of no benefits to regular alcohol use or nicotine.

That's why I said "nearly all". If less than 90% of us in this forum are for legalization I'd be shocked.

But are you ok w/ continuing to send people to prison for marijuana offenses? And continuing to spend your tax dollars on all the LE -- cops, lawyers, judges, prisons -- to make that happen?
That's a fair question. I think it should be decriminalized but not legalized. So the short answer to your question is no. I'm not OK with that.

IML Gear Cream!
That's a fair question. I think it should be decriminalized but not legalized. So the short answer to your question is no. I'm not OK with that.

That's definitely a better situation than what we have still in many states, and some states (and many countries) are going that route.

The War on Drugs continues against the dealers if not the consumers, and the demand (now decriminalized) doesn't go anywhere... in fact it probably increases since the consumer penalties evaporate and users aren't spending "dry time" in prison, so... the black market likely gets a bit of a boost. To me this feels like an unstable half-measure, an improvement over the previous situation but unsustainable in the long run. Maybe it's a viable stepping stone while lawmakers and the public in conservative areas especially figure out what their real solution is going to be.

its already being monopolized the local farms by me one used to gow sod its all hemp now for CBD and I was in CVS yesturday and there was CBD oil in a nice commercialized package top shelf OTC by the register

Why isn't Antartica blue? If there are no laws criminalizing marijuana, then by defacto doesn't it make it legal? Most laws prohibit conduct, not authorize it. You can do whatever you want as long as there's no law prohibiting it.

Perhaps its already been said, but doesn't a medical marijuana card forfeit your rights to the 2nd amendment in most if not all states? I don't smoke, but knowing that I definitely would never agree to giving up my constitutional rights for it.

Yep, 315w CMH's n a captain style grow set up

Nice, I ran a 14k HPS setup for a few years, now I'm in a different state and setting up 3 x 315 cmh over a 4x6 canopy. Love the white light.

Why isn't Antartica blue? If there are no laws criminalizing marijuana, then by defacto doesn't it make it legal? Most laws prohibit conduct, not authorize it. You can do whatever you want as long as there's no law prohibiting it.

I know a few people who work in Antarctica, when you saw a 2x4 you have to clean up every spec of wood dust. They are very strict due to scientific things that many nations have going on there, definatley not going to be growing dope or smoking fatties. The only people there are scientist and support staff.

Last edited:
Nice, I ran a 14k HPS setup for a few years, now I'm in a different state and setting up 3 x 315 cmh over a 4x6 canopy. Love the white light.

I know a few people who work in Antarctica, when you saw a 2x4 you have to clean up every spec of wood dust. They are very strict due to scientific things that many nations have going on there, definatley not going to be growing dope or smoking fatties. The only people there are scientist and support staff.

Precisely the sort of people that would be smuggling in dope and other contraband, especially for those long frigid eternal-night 60-below tours. I'd be astounded if they aren't smoking bowls round the clock.

Last edited:
Precisely the sort of people that would be smuggling in dope and other contraband, especially for those long frigid eternal-night 60-below tours. I'd be astounded if they aren't smoking bowls round the clock.

Maybe! LOL I'm in one of the coldest places in America, I'd lose my mind without dope and booze!

Perhaps its already been said, but doesn't a medical marijuana card forfeit your rights to the 2nd amendment in most if not all states? I don't smoke, but knowing that I definitely would never agree to giving up my constitutional rights for it.

No it does not, they are in no way correlated. The FBI doesn't know if you have a green card, nor do they care.
In fact the FBI told WA state to fuck off when big weed lobbyist were pushing for federal background checks of ALL growers in order to force those who had been doing it all along out of the business.

The only federal maijuana related gun charge I know about was against a native man in WA who shot two thugs trying to rob his grow. It was on the Res and early on in medical legalization and he got nailed by the feds for murder because cultivation is a felony and he killed somebody while cultivating on fed land. Guys robbing disp in CA get blown away all the time, no big deal.

Last edited:
I read yes, I haven’t researched it deeply but here’s a quick search link

https://reason.org/commentary/the-absurdity-of-medical-marijuana-and-firearms-laws/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It depends on the state and whether one is stupid enough to check the "YES I USE LOTS OF PSYCHOACTIVE DRUGS" box on the background check form.
In WA I know nobody that has had any problem purchasing a gun whether they own a dispensary or are a grower.

A Federal Judge did rule that it is not a violation of 2nd amendment to refuse gun right to marijuana producers/users. https://www.leafly.com/news/cannabis-101/can-a-medical-marijuana-patients-legally-own-a-gun
Funny cause the GOP were pushing to have retards and people on Govt fixed incomes who were deemed mentally incompetent to handle their own money to be able to purchase guns... Just not dopers!

Back