• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Curcumin Makes Fat Cells Kill Themselves

Arnold

Numero Uno
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Curcumin Makes Fat Cells Kill Themselves

New research shows that curcumin prevents baby fat cells from becoming adults while also causing adult fat cells to commit suicide.

It started off as an effective pain reliever and anti-inflammatory, but then we found out it also fights cancer, blocks estrogen, boosts testosterone, improves heart health, makes you stronger, dissolves arterial plaques, stops your knees from aching, reduces the risk of diabetes, and even helps prevent mosquito-born malaria.

And now there's new research showing that curcumin causes fat cells to undergo apoptosis, which is the term for cellular suicide. When apoptosis begins, the surface of the cell starts to bubble and churn, almost like it's boiling. Then, its nucleus starts to fragment. Eventually, the cell tears asunder, spilling its disassociated guts into the interstitial sea of fluid.

A cellular clean-up crew of phagocytes, one accustomed to wet work, arrives to dispose of the corpses and there's no investigation because they know curcumin was to blame.

This new curcumin research also shows that curcumin prevents pre-adipocytes – baby fat cells – from developing into full-blown adipocytes. These baby fat cells are urged to go into a different profession... or else.

The Study, Short and Sweet
The Taiwanese researchers who conducted this study already knew from a few recent studies that curcumin supplementation reduces a high-fat diet-induced increase in body fat, but they didn't know the mechanism behind curcumin's hate for plumpness.

To figure it out, they exposed mouse pre-adipocytes to varying concentrations of curcumin for varying time frames. They also exposed pre-adipocytes to a low dosage of curcumin for an hour, followed by a 24-hour incubation period.

They found that curcumin inhibited adipocyte differentiation. In other words, the supplement prevents fat cells from maturing and fulfilling their ultimate function, which is to store fat.

The high doses of curcumin actually caused fat cells to commit suicide, while the lower doses prevented the maturation of the baby fat cells. They suspect it had to do with curcumin's modulating effects on something known as the Wnt/beta-catenin signaling pathway, which helps determine the fate of cells.

The authors, despite seemingly being tight-lipped PhD guys, seemed pretty jazzed, writing:

"These findings suggest that curcumin supplementation could be an effective strategy for treating or preventing development of obesity by a curcumin-induced reduction in the number or pre-adopocytes and the fat mass of adipocytes."

What to Do With This Info
When you think about it, curcumin's effects on fat cells may have something to do with many of the other benefits listed in the opening paragraph of this article.

Collectively, our fat cells are considered to be a major endocrine organ with a powerful impact on things like the regulation of appetite, insulin sensitivity, immunological responses, and vascular disease, so if curcumin causes fewer fat cells to form while causing others to expire, it makes sense that it would have so many beneficial side effects.

As far as how much curcumin to take to experience any reduction in fat mass, it's difficult to say.

The scientists exposed the fat cells to a concentration of up to 50 micrograms of curcumin to make them commit hari-kari, and 30 micrograms to keep pre-adipocytes from forming into full-fledged adipocytes, but given that the body weights of us human is so diverse, it's hard to extrapolate a suitable dosage.

But, given that 30 micrograms is awfully small (a thousand micrograms equals 1 milligram), I feel confident in suggesting that the standard Biotest dosage of curcumin (two 500-milligram capsules a day) would bring the average person into therapeutic range.

Even so, this and other studies make me suspect that curcumin might be more useful in preventing further fat gain than reducing it, but that's just a guess. Regardless, I don't think you can go wrong taking curcumin, especially when you consider all its other healthful effects.

Source:
Liang-Yi Wu, et al. "Curcumin Attenuates Adipogenesis by Inducing Preadipocyte Apoptosis and Inhibiting Adipocyte Differentiation," Nutrients 2019, 11(10), 2307.

Interesting. I've been taking circumin for heart health and have noticed a reduction in inflammation as well. Apoptosis in fat cells is an awesome bonus

Definitely looking into this some more...thanks.

Seeing research that reports oral bioavailability is extremely poor... that sucks.

Any suggestions??

Make sure and buy a product that has bioperine, or black pepper extract, as it greatly enhanced absorption.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

What brand you using bro?

What brand you using bro?
Currently not using any. But I have looked into it recently and everything I read said that bioavailability is poor and pepper extract is needed. Many brands include it for this reason.

IML Gear Cream!
Can you take it with black pepper or does it have to be infused with the extract? I just ordered some the other day and can’t remember if it had the bioperine or pepper extract in it... 🤨

Can you take it with black pepper or does it have to be infused with the extract? I just ordered some the other day and can’t remember if it had the bioperine or pepper extract in it...
Not sure how much black pepper would be sufficient. I have been having a shot of tumeric and ground black pepper with my greens supplement every morning. You can also get piperine separate and add it to your curcumin.

Can you take it with black pepper or does it have to be infused with the extract? I just ordered some the other day and can’t remember if it had the bioperine or pepper extract in it...
I believe the piperine extract is what's necessary. Without piperine it only around 3-5% bioavailability, and it's increased around 150% from baseline with the piperine

Alright guys help me out here, and forgive my ignorance, but is it bioperine? Or piperine that I should be looking for? Or are they the same thing? Sorry, just seeing mixed messages.

GearChurch Gang

I take 800mg Curcumin ED to help ease the tendinitis in my left knee and so far it is working. As for fat loss I do notice less fat.

Alright guys help me out here, and forgive my ignorance, but is it bioperine? Or piperine that I should be looking for? Or are they the same thing? Sorry, just seeing mixed messages.

GearChurch Gang
Same thing lol. Also called black pepper extract

Lol after reading I thought that would be the case, thanks man

GearChurch Gang
No problem
Yes that helps the body absorb the curcumin from what I read.
Yeah quite a bit in fact.

Now if we could inject it sub-q, apparently that sustains levels of circuminoids for a month in rats. That would make this stuff much easier to deal with if it was just a shot every other week or so.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3918523/

Get Shredded!
I believe the piperine extract is what's necessary. Without piperine it only around 3-5% bioavailability, and it's increased around 150% from baseline with the piperine
That's what I read also. Pretty impressive what the addition of piperine does. Also a good addition to many other herbal supplements for better absorption.

GearChurch Gang
Same thing. Bioperine is just the patented trade mark name of pipeline, standardized to a specific extract percent. Like how ksm-66 is trade name for ashwaghanda or carnosyn and beta alanine.

That's what I read also. Pretty impressive what the addition of piperine does. Also a good addition to many other herbal supplements for better absorption.Same thing. Bioperine is just the patented trade mark name of pipeline, standardized to a specific extract percent. Like how ksm-66 is trade name for ashwaghanda or carnosyn and beta alanine.

Yeah I guess I should’ve asked with my eyes instead of my thumbs thanks man

GearChurch Gang

Not sure how much black pepper would be sufficient. I have been having a shot of tumeric and ground black pepper with my greens supplement every morning. You can also get piperine separate and add it to your curcumin.

From my reading online and the research they did... effective dosages were at 20 mg of piperine and 2 gram of curcumin.

Currently not using any. But I have looked into it recently and everything I read said that bioavailability is poor and pepper extract is needed. Many brands include it for this reason.

Pulled the trigger on this brand... https://vimerson.com/products/turmeric-curcumin

At 4 pills it puts the dosages at the right amount. And not terribly expensive.

I got 3 bottles so should last 2 months. That should be enough if taken consistently to see some differences in how I feel and/or bf reduction.

Pulled the trigger on this brand... https://vimerson.com/products/turmeric-curcumin

At 4 pills it puts the dosages at the right amount. And not terribly expensive.

I got 3 bottles so should last 2 months. That should be enough if taken consistently to see some differences in how I feel and/or bf reduction.
Looks good. Keep us posted. Curcumin has been shown to work just as good if not better than many NSAIDS, and much healthier.

Looks good. Keep us posted. Curcumin has been shown to work just as good if not better than many NSAIDS, and much healthier.

I've been using the Qunol brand from Costco and I definitely have less inflammation, especially in my neck. I have constant issues with my neck and it's been much better since a couple weeks after starting

Back