• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

First Cycle. Heart palpitations. Need advice!

GottaGetGains

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Currently on week 8 of my first cycle of testosterone only 500mg a week.
I'm getting some serious heart flutters on an off and its very noticeable and a bit scary! I have not had this happen before. BP and HR is still normal.

Should I stop and go into PCT?

Taking all/any advice.

Hit your pct and go see a dr. Chances are it’s not the test but I’d rather be safe and get off everything and figure out the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go to the doctor. You need to have an EKG, possibly wear a holter monitor, and an echo at the least. How old are you? How is your blood pressure? I have a pre-existing arrhythmia that flares up when my BP gets too high or I get in too bad of cardiovascular shape.

I get them when I'm on cycle. It's from hormonal changes etc. Have you done mid cycle blood work to check your estrogen? Are you using an AI?

"Only 500mg for a first cycle?" 350mg - 400mg would have been plenty. There's no rush with steroids you have to give your body time to adapt and adjust to these changes.

Last edited:
Are you taking anything else? PWO, stims, etc...that might be also causing it??

I have been taking PWO and other stims, but I always have. The only thing new is the testosterone. I know stims are something that should be cut back while on cycle. I also have not been doing much cardio.
I have not taken any adex and I still need to do blood work which I know I should have done at week 6.

I have decided to cut the cycle short at only 8 weeks. Ill start PCT at week 11.
100/100/50/50 clomid
40/40/20/20 nolva

I will definitely get post cycle bloods done to compare to pre-cycle.
I am going to stop caffeine intake for a while and up my cardio and try to drink even more water.

I am thankful for all the input!

500mg of Test without an AI is irresponsible bro. I bet your estrogen is through the roof.

I have an AI on hand. I just have not taken it because I have felt no sides. I was irresponsible by not getting bloods done however.

- - - Updated - - -

500mg of Test without an AI is irresponsible bro. I bet your estrogen is through the roof.

Would you suggest I still go ahead an get blood work done before PCT even though I am stopping?

Okay so since everyone seems to think this is no big deal...are you sure it's just a palpitation? Or is it maybe that you have an undiagnosed arrhythmia or some other issue that's causing it?

Fact is you don't know. Hence why you need to have it looked at. Just because one of us Joe Blows here on ASF happen to get palpitations from gear doesn't mean yours isn't something more serious. The only way to know is by getting it looked at. Otherwise you could have something serious going on and you won't know until you A-Fib and pass out while you're driving.

"Oh it's normal bro." Make sure you control your estrogen though! Fucking really people. High e2 doesn't kill people. An undiagnosed bundle branch block or coronary artery blockage can. Get it looked at. At least have an EKG done

IML Gear Cream!
I have an AI on hand. I just have not taken it because I have felt no sides. I was irresponsible by not getting bloods done however.

- - - Updated - - -

Would you suggest I still go ahead an get blood work done before PCT even though I am stopping?
Waiting for gyno to appear is not the proper way to use an AI during a cycle. For 500mg of Test most bro's need 0.5mg of Arimidex eod. Dial that AI dosage in with mid cycle blood work. Since you didn't run an AI who knows what dosage you will need.

I recommend getting blood work so you know what your estrogen levels are going into PCT. I recommend Aromasin over Arimidex during PCT because Aromasin will kill off the estrogen enzyme whereas Arimidex will only lower it and will only rebound when you come off.

I'm 50 years old and I've been cycling my whole life. Trust me on this one.

Last edited:
Okay so since everyone seems to think this is no big deal...are you sure it's just a palpitation? Or is it maybe that you have an undiagnosed arrhythmia or some other issue that's causing it?

Fact is you don't know. Hence why you need to have it looked at. Just because one of us Joe Blows here on ASF happen to get palpitations from gear doesn't mean yours isn't something more serious. The only way to know is by getting it looked at. Otherwise you could have something serious going on and you won't know until you A-Fib and pass out while you're driving.

"Oh it's normal bro." Make sure you control your estrogen though! Fucking really people. High e2 doesn't kill people. An undiagnosed bundle branch block or coronary artery blockage can. Get it looked at. At least have an EKG done

Dang...GC is preaching it today, baby! :twothumbs:

Thanks GC. I am very much concerned as it has never happened before until this cycle. I plan on making a trip to the doctor. I would be lying if I said I wasn't worried.

Thanks GC. I am very much concerned as it has never happened before until this cycle. I plan on making a trip to the doctor. I would be lying if I said I wasn't worried.
Yeah I wouldn't get too worked up but definitely get your ass to the doctor. No need to tell him anything about gear, it's completely irrelevant in this case. If you tell them you'll get blown off. Tell them your symptoms and maybe even ham it up a little little so they take you serious, takes your breath away, makes you tired after it happens, etc. Make sure you tell them if it's exercise induced. They should do an EKG first just to check, that would show if you have an electrical issue or coronary artery blockage for the most part. If it's exercise induced, make sure they do a cardiac stress test on the treadmill. I'd also want an echocardiogram as well just to see what the deal is

Yeah I wouldn't get too worked up but definitely get your ass to the doctor. No need to tell him anything about gear, it's completely irrelevant in this case. If you tell them you'll get blown off. Tell them your symptoms and maybe even ham it up a little little so they take you serious, takes your breath away, makes you tired after it happens, etc. Make sure you tell them if it's exercise induced. They should do an EKG first just to check, that would show if you have an electrical issue or coronary artery blockage for the most part. If it's exercise induced, make sure they do a cardiac stress test on the treadmill. I'd also want an echocardiogram as well just to see what the deal is

Not to worked up. Just worked up enough to not go to week 12 with the cycle. Gonna stop right here.
Ok good deal. Was wondering if I needed to mention testosterone or not. Thank you!
Stay tuned.

Not to worked up. Just worked up enough to not go to week 12 with the cycle. Gonna stop right here.
Ok good deal. Was wondering if I needed to mention testosterone or not. Thank you!
Stay tuned.
Yeah definitely don't lol.

Let us know how it turns out. Probably nothing but you gotta check!

Yeah definitely don't lol.

Let us know how it turns out. Probably nothing but you gotta check!

Hey GC. I made this post on my main thread in PSL, but I am going to put it here for anyone who was following. I would also like to say thank you because your advice is what made me decide to go be seen by a doctor and all in all they said it was smart of me to come in and be seen.

******UPDATE TO ALL WHO ARE FOLLOWING******

Well, at end of week 9 after stopping last pin on week 8 due to feeling heart palpitations, the palpitations got worse on Friday of week 9. SOOOO, I went to my urgent care center and told them my BP was sitting a bit higher and my heart was fluttering. They did an EKG and they instantly said you need to get to the hospital right away. It is abnormal. They didn't say ''hey you are about to have a heart attack'', but they were concerned. I was questioned about why I was driving by myself. I mean hell, I did not feel bad although my heart was not feeling normal. Had no heart attack symptoms/signs so I wasn't super worried.
Fast forward. I got admitted to the hospital for two nights and ended up on a heart monitor. I had 5 more EKGS done, multiple blood work and a chest x-ray as well as and most importantly and echo-cardiogram. They did not give me any medication except aspirin and Tylenol. I told them I was on testosterone.
My echo-cardiogram came back perfect. if anything it seemed my heart had grown a bit in size. They did not say, or didn't say it was the testosterone directly.
I drink minimum 2L a day of water, but what I do... that is dumb is take pre-work out everyday. 6 days a week because I work out 6 days a week. So, I definitely am not doing that anymore.
What they ended up saying was it could be that the testosterone along with other stimulants all together just caused it to happen. My blood work was normal they said but hell idk what they tested in my blood besides troponin (if elevated usually means a heart attack is possible, mine were not elevated) levels because if they did it all they would certainly see low FSH an LH levels.

With all this said, could I of kept my cycle going? More than likely. Do I feel like I made the best decision? Yeah, I would say so. It was just getting so fucking good to at week 8. I am about to be at week ten to start PCT and I am NERVOUS as fuck to start PCT thinking clomid or nolva is going to fuck me up. That's just my anxiety I hope. I know I would probably be worse off if I didn't PCT.

People ask me if they think I got bunk gear. I have to say no, definitely not. Especially since I started with PSL I got some other folks to go with PSL and they are still killing it.

I guess the question now is when will I do another cycle. That is to be determined.

That's why I tell people to take heart issues serious.

So you may have slight enlargement, which wouldn't really do anything. What did your EKG show? I'm assuming you had some type of sinus arrhythmia or block?

When you're talking stimulants, what kind and how much were you taking?

More importantly, how are you feeling now?

Don't sweat your PCT. It won't cause issues like that. Nor do I think it was the test. More likely is the stimulants plus your underlying anxiety issue. I also wonder if you have an arrhythmia that's undiagnosed. I have a PVC that flares up when my blood pressure gets too high.

Did they happen to say anything about an A-Fib at the urgent care?

Don't sweat your PCT. It won't cause issues like that. Nor do I think it was the test. More likely is the stimulants plus your underlying anxiety issue. I also wonder if you have an arrhythmia that's undiagnosed. I have a PVC that flares up when my blood pressure gets too high.

Did they happen to say anything about an A-Fib at the urgent care?

Hey bro! I am fine now!
My first two EKGS had inverted T-waves and were abnormal, but the last 3 showed normal sinus rhythm. They mentioned the term PVC as well. I take pre-workout (obviously) but what I am getting at is that I use a different brand every time just experimenting but the avg caffeine I would say that I consume per pre-work out is 185-225mg and I do that 6 days a week. I am now stopping that and well, I have not had any flutters really since leaving the hospital. I have a follow up with the cardiologist so we will see what they want me to do. I actually just had a beast work out!
I will say FOR CERTAIN that when I was experiencing the flutters it caused extreme anxiety because I thought i was doomed. They did not mention a-fib at urgent care. All that was said was abnormal EKG go to hospital where more tests can be done asap. So that is what I did!
I wonder about under-diagnosed as well I guess that is what the follow up is for. Most important to me was that my echo-cardiogram was excellent. Waiting on the news for that one about killed me.
Ok, I'll try not to sweat pct man!

Pretty rough first cycle because of that but i dont regret it and will certainly do it again one day.

Get Shredded!
Just like garlic chicken said get checked out. Safety first then come back to the gear.

It may be your potassium levels. I had the same problem heart palpitations etc, blood work proved it as well.

Btw when I was diagnosed with low potassium i had bad anxiety (which I never had before). Felt like I was having a heart attack. I would get anxiety just driving in every day traffic which was weird because as I said I had never had anxiety before. It really f’ed my body up. doctors took a while to figure it out. Actually I kind of figured it out myself after going over my own blood work then asking the doctor “is that low for potassium”? He said absolutely, and gave me an ekg. Saw an abnormality but said they see that when your body is low on Potassium. He put me on a supplement, and two weeks later ran another blood test and ekg and everything was normal. Have him check your potassium just to be safe. Too much or too less of either can kill you!

Back