AI vs. SERM please chime in

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,972 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    If you aromitase heavily, best to use an ai.

If you don't, or, you can't dial in an ai without crushing your estrogen, SERMs.

There really isn't any real magic to only using SERMs, it just doesn't give you the opportunity to crush your estrogen which can definitely limit growth.

One thing with nolvadex though, it is shown to have a negative impact on igf which isn't great but, neither is eliminating aromitase which will also negatively effect igf.
    Wouldnít the igf increase from some aas balance out the tamoxifen lowering it? For example if Iím running tren which is known to raise igf along with letís say npp d bol and obviously testosterone and taking 10mg of tamoxifen daily donít you think that would at least balance it out if not the tren overpower the nolvadex and still give some slight igf elevation?

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,536 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jswole220 View Post
    Wouldnít the igf increase from some aas balance out the tamoxifen lowering it? For example if Iím running tren which is known to raise igf along with letís say npp d bol and obviously testosterone and taking 10mg of tamoxifen daily donít you think that would at least balance it out if not the tren overpower the nolvadex and still give some slight igf elevation?
    There's no way to say really.

Nolva has been shown to decrease igf by 40%. I have no clue how much Anabolics like ten average out at.

Also, it doesn't seem to just decrease the ability to convert gh to igf. From everything I've seen, it just decreases the igf level no matter how it's achieved, gh or naturally.

So, if that's the case no, it wouldn't matter.

In my opinion at least. I could be completely wrong lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,972 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    There's no way to say really.

Nolva has been shown to decrease igf by 40%. I have no clue how much Anabolics like ten average out at.

Also, it doesn't seem to just decrease the ability to convert gh to igf. From everything I've seen, it just decreases the igf level no matter how it's achieved, gh or naturally.

So, if that's the case no, it wouldn't matter.

In my opinion at least. I could be completely wrong lol
    I was really just curious what your opinion was on it. It would be amazing if we had actual medical studies on stuff like this lol this game would be a hell of a lot better than it is lol. I donít disagree with you I think you may be correct but I also still kinda think that there may be some offset. I believe the 40% studies your referring to used a higher dose like 20mg daily but I could be wrong. Iíve also thought about trying this using 10mg eod instead of daily. I wouldnít recommend anyone just go try this unless you really know your body and you donít convert much in the first place. I appreciate your input.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    316 Posts
    Rep Points

I was really just curious what your opinion was on it. It would be amazing if we had actual medical studies on stuff like this lol this game would be a hell of a lot better than it is lol. I donít disagree with you I think you may be correct but I also still kinda think that there may be some offset. I believe the 40% studies your referring to used a higher dose like 20mg daily but I could be wrong. Iíve also thought about trying this using 10mg eod instead of daily. I wouldnít recommend anyone just go try this unless you really know your body and you donít convert much in the first place. I appreciate your input.
    Agree about the studies. I believe in a world where one day AAS is readily accepted by not only the medical field, but the general public as well. Get rid of this negative stigma. Yet still alcohol and cigarettes are "okay". Got to love the bs and misunderstanding surrounding these compounds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,536 Posts
    Rep Points

Yeah those studies did use higher doses but, even still, there will be some impact I would guess.

I just don't see the benefit in only using a serm unless you have cholesterol issues though.

So, if you don't aromitase badly, use minimal ai such as Aromasin.....

Then you don't need to worry about anything we talked about lol. I don't see the upside in using a serm when small doses of Aromasin would be more effective imo.