Thread: Kratom straight

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    338 Posts
    Rep Points

Kratom straight

Anyone here actually do this?

I remember probably 5 yrs ago a few threads where peeps were saying they "took it like a man" and just shoveled the powder in and washed it down, straight. So I figured it was legit.

I finally tried that this morning with just a 2g scoop and liquids at the ready, and it was hell. I didn't sneeze or puke but came close, gagging and coughing for the next 10 minutes minimum. Actually had the stuff clogging up my throat for at least 45 mins despite tons of water trading off with a protein drink. The fine powder got everywhere in my throat and sinuses, no amount of swallowing, coughing, throat clearing would do a damn thing. Six hours later and I can still smell it in my sinuses.

Never again.

But... I will say the effects kicked in 5x faster than normal even at half my usual dose. It made all that coughing/gagging trauma not all that big a deal actually, kinda like opiates in the hospital.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts
    Rep Points

Sounds terrible....LOL

Seems like you could mix it with a bit of water and swish it around for a bit before you swallow.

NO LIMITS.
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,391 Posts
    Rep Points

I think you described a “toss and wash” gone bad lol

This is the only way I take kratom if that is what you tried to do..
    First I get a scoop but not fully packed so it dumps out easy, I turn the scooper upside down over the center of my tongue, carefully I get my drink, without moving the small pile on my tongue and the indulge with a very large drink, generally a bcaa or a Gatorade just because it masks the taste better than water, again it worth saying twice I’m careful not to disturb the pile so when I pour the drink it washes directly down my throat with out swishing around my mouth at all, that’s an important part to a successful “toss and wash” lol

Also drink a small glass of water immediately before you toss and wash so you’re throat is still wet, it a game changer for me, it eliminates the powder form sticking to your throat

Let me know if that works for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    338 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by HFO3 View Post
    I think you described a “toss and wash” gone bad lol

This is the only way I take kratom if that is what you tried to do..
    First I get a scoop but not fully packed so it dumps out easy, I turn the scooper upside down over the center of my tongue, carefully I get my drink, without moving the small pile on my tongue and the indulge with a very large drink, generally a bcaa or a Gatorade just because it masks the taste better than water, again it worth saying twice I’m careful not to disturb the pile so when I pour the drink it washes directly down my throat with out swishing around my mouth at all, that’s an important part to a successful “toss and wash” lol

Also drink a small glass of water immediately before you toss and wash so you’re throat is still wet, it a game changer for me, it eliminates the powder form sticking to your throat

Let me know if that works for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ha! Yeah I didn't do any of that. Sounds like a rational approach though... I'll see if I get the gumption to try again. The powder explosion through the throat and sinuses was a suboptimal outcome.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts
    Rep Points

I use a micro protein shaker and about a shot of vodka per 2 1/2 scoops. The alcohol acts as a solvent and dissolves the kratom perfectly. Also the alcohol helps it get into the blood stream quicker. I'm not saying drink with it, I'm saying utilize the alcohol as asolvent and have some water to chase it.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,882 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatemalt View Post

I remember probably 5 yrs ago a few threads where peeps were saying they "took it like a man" and just shoveled the powder in and washed it down, straight. So I figured it was legit.

I finally tried that this morning with just a 2g scoop and liquids at the ready, and it was hell. I didn't sneeze or puke but came close, gagging and coughing for the next 10 minutes minimum. Actually had the stuff clogging up my throat for at least 45 mins despite tons of water trading off with a protein drink. The fine powder got everywhere in my throat and sinuses, no amount of swallowing, coughing, throat clearing would do a damn thing. Six hours later and I can still smell it in my sinuses.

Never again.

But... I will say the effects kicked in 5x faster than normal even at half my usual dose. It made all that coughing/gagging trauma not all that big a deal actually, kinda like opiates in the hospital.
    haha yikes man. I just shake in a protein shaker with water and let it settle for a min to get the foam to calm down then lightly shake it again to get it off the bottom of the shaker. Taste ain’t bad anymore.

but I’m curious about the vodka shot method... seems legit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts
    Rep Points

When I say micro shaker I mean protein scoop holder.... works perfectly, plus it's easier to take as a shot, then chase it with whatever your drinking. I usually bring this little setup with me to work and its just overall convienent.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Rep Points

I made some mixed with orange flavored Metamucil.The Metamucil is so tart it almost kills off the taste of the kratom.

www.DrugsGear.com
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatemalt View Post

Never again.

I've been tossing and washing kratom for years and rarely have a problem. If you try it again, take a drink of water first to lubricate your throat.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts
    Rep Points

Anyone like the white strains? I grabbed the Old Forrest White Hulu instead of the White Vein Borneo. I'm finding the OF white hulu doesn't peak as high as the WVB but seems to last a bit longer. I like that it hangs on longer but also enjoy the focus I get with the borneo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Rep Points

Toss n wash is great once you get the hang of it. Kind of an acquired skill haha.

Community Veteran
    ADMINISTRATOR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Rep Points

Last 24 hours of the straightupkratom sale
    https://straightupkratom.com/
    cyber25 for 25% off
    Never tried toss and wash but a shot of Gin and some OJ is a great combo in the evening.

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    219 Posts
    Rep Points

Toss n wash using grapefruit juice on an empty burner will get it done -OD

Board Rep
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    497 Posts
    Rep Points

I cant toss and wash.. I know many who do but i am not one....lol it will come out my nose , and mouth in a cloud of smoke.. Until im on the gloor gagging... Hahaha..
    I just mix it with small amounts of liquid 4-6oz. Perfect..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    338 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by macedog24 View Post
    I cant toss and wash.. I know many who do but i am not one....lol it will come out my nose , and mouth in a cloud of smoke.. Until im on the gloor gagging... Hahaha..
    I just mix it with small amounts of liquid 4-6oz. Perfect..
    Yes it will! Unless done with discipline, apparently... I gotta try it again w/ HFO's advice and see if it doesn't kill me.

The upside to the cloud of smoke in your sinuses, as I mentioned, is that it absorbs FAST. You're high in 3 minutes. Very unlike normal kratom absorption.