• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Poll: Log book or no log book?

DUTCHPHARMA-old

Inactive Account
Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
How many of you use a log beat and try to keep track/beat previous PR's. I feel it is an often overlooked aspect of making good progress by means of progressive overload.

Do you log workouts? Why or why not?

How many of you use a log beat and try to keep track/beat previous PR's. I feel it is an often overlooked aspect of making good progress by means of progressive overload.

Do you log workouts? Why or why not?

I log every workout I feel like it helps me dial in and great goals to beat and be better every time and you take the guess work out ... I gotta say I don’t think I’ll ever stop logging my workouts and will probabaky hold on to as many as I can

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always log workouts to track progressive overload. The only time I don't it's on bullshit days where I'm just working around an injury for a pump

I dont need a book because I remember everything by the weight to the rep. I do make a pre contest book going into a show, and track meals, weight, body fat, etc.

No log book needed. I remember my previous workouts weights reps etc.

I always log. I know more or less the weights I can do but tracking reps and whether to I crease or not is why I use it

7707d9a44e6d561cb292373acb63d617.jpg
Log Book for me, I’m a visual guy so actually applying it to paper and reading it dials me in more focus wise. And it’s extra motivation to see those bombers and set out to crush them next round.

Yep.

You can't remember everything about your previous session if you are really focusing on the training, I don't care who you are.

My log book is jammed with info.

Anabolics I'm on and anything I used pre

Pre training meal

Intra workout drink

Sleep the night before

If I worked before training

Time I train

Where in the rep I missed it (bottom, halfway)

Any nagging pains

How I feel

Everything. If you REALLY focus on progressive overload, you HAVE to get that detailed when you're deep into a blast of increasing the weights and really reaching for strength after a long time of progression.

IML Gear Cream!
Yep.

You can't remember everything about your previous session if you are really focusing on the training, I don't care who you are.

Pre training meal

Intra workout drink

Sleep the night before

Time I train

Any nagging pains

How I feel

Everything. If you REALLY focus on progressive overload, you HAVE to get that detailed when you're deep into a blast of increasing the weights and really reaching for strength after a long time of progression.

Sounds crazy I even keep track of water intake and stuff line that too and get so caught up in the sets sometimes I used my fingers to Count or rally’s kudos to anyone who doesn’t need the book I truly mean it but for me it’s been a game changer in my entire life in general I’d say because it helps with time management as well

In my log i also like to add percentages of completion of my task for example when all my macros are 10-15 grams close to the target for the day i log 100% in food column.If you start doing this most of people will be verry surprised in a bad way after seeing the results from lets say just a week.

Log Book for me, I’m a visual guy so actually applying it to paper and reading it dials me in more focus wise. And it’s extra motivation to see those bombers and set out to crush them next round.
Love these books have the exact one has dist on it tho hahah

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Log. Have to to make progress. I have 30 years of workouts logged. Can look back and see what programs were most effective for me. All that trial and error would be lost without workout logs.

I also use pen and paper. No need to play around with a phone during a training session. Focused like a laser!

Yep.

Pre training meal

Intra workout drink

Sleep the night before

Time I train

Any nagging pains

How I feel

I didn’t log before meeting this guy. He required it and now I’m glad I do. I can go back and check what I did last workout and try to increase either weight or reps. Constantly trying to improve every week! It’s no wonder I would get stuck and not know what I should do next to keep progressing.

Get Shredded!
When I was young I remembered EVERY set and rep because I constantly was beating my previous sessions plus my training was always very similar exercise wise.

Years later I started training intuitively so then I had to log training or I would forget exactly what I did.

The real eye opener for me was logging my diet. Everything that went into my mouth. OMG it was pathetic when I would look back on the previous week and see how little I was eating.

Haha, I have that same log book

I have a small note pad I was taking to the gym with me to log my lifts but it gets in the way of my training sometimes. I just track my big lifts like deads , bench, bb rows , db rows , behind neck presses , squats...Instead of every exercise like I I was doing lol

Last edited:
Damn I guess I need to start a log. I remember it for the most part but I think it would help me nail it down better. It'd be fun to look back over years worth of info to see how far you've come.

Like heavy, I train intuitively based how I feel and what I see in the mirror... could be chest 5 days in a week, or weeks going without hitting legs... it's ever changing. A log may help, but I'm not competing and therefore not that serious or dedicated as some. Not unless someone else is gonna log it for me.. it would take me out of the zone to have to record everything down between sets. I keep a pretty good log in my head both training and diet wise

I go back and forth with logging for periods of time and not logging for periods but it does seem like when logging I make better progress and faster progress It's hard to keep track of all those numbers in your head if you're naturally an absent minded person like myself

Back