• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Sub q injections

Ratherb1

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Can someone explain to me why everytime I inject sub q i get lump and it's really itchy? I've tried gso and mct oils can I be allergic to 2 different oils or am I injecting wrong ?

Injecting .25iu of test cyp in stomach

Thanks for any help!

No such thing as .25iu of testosterone. Test comes in Mgs per mL.

If you get a lump you may not be injecting deep enough or the gear can be dirty or you can be allergic to the oil, or BA%. There are a million variables here.

Yea my phone will do a . Instead of space sometimes, but 2 different sources and 2 different oils . Both sources are on here.

Doing 60mgs

You shouldnt be injecting test subq. It has very very poor absorption. Most of it goes to waste. They are also painful and cause lumps as you described Why go subq over IM?

If you dont believe me you can get bloodwork... then get bloodwork with injecting with an inch needle in your a proper body part and compare the levels. You'll see a 2x-4x + difference in levels when you inject it IM.

Even injecting your muscle with a needle that is not longer enough will affect its absorption.

You shouldnt be injecting test subq. It has very very poor absorption. Most of it goes to waste. They are also painful and cause lumps as you described Why go subq over IM?

If you dont believe me you can get bloodwork... then get bloodwork with injecting with an inch needle in your a proper body part and compare the levels. You'll see a 2x-4x + difference in levels when you inject it IM.

Even injecting your muscle with a needle that is not longer enough will affect its absorption.

I think alot of people will beg to differ

The only people who beg to differ are the people who dont perform bloodwork with both methods. Because if they try getting bloodwork with subq injections. And then inject themselves IM for 5 weeks and get bloodwork they will see at how much higher the levels are. Trust me from a decade of experience who tried to take shortcuts because of all the scar tissue i have built up over the years. subq injections have very bad absorption. I have also heard from others that used 1/4" needles of insulin syringes into their muscles(not long enough) that their levels were lower than they were when they switched to 1 inch needles from pharma test prescribed to them

Over on pro m there is a thread explaining how sub q is actually a great way as long as ur using low doses and injecting daily or every other day...

It is a great way for trt, i used it for yrs, until i stopped trt about 1-2 yrs ago due to my own health issues

Ill find a few articles about sub q vs intra

Yes oily substances are recommended to be used i.m. but as of late sub q has been shown to really be a great way to go....

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

IML Gear Cream!
Interesting studies but the studies dont compare the individuals test levels with subq injections VS IM injections. I wish they did. Because i know from my experience My levels doubled when i switched from a 1/4th inch insulin needle to an inch needle with pharma test due to better absorption. Granted I never injected in my stomach fat nor did i inject everyday, So I am not sure if that played a roll? But I really did see double test levels when switching to a longer needle with pharma test. (once a week injections)

Interesting studies but the studies dont compare the individuals test levels with subq injections VS IM injections. I wish they did. Because i know from my experience My levels doubled when i switched from a 1/4th inch insulin needle to an inch needle with pharma test due to better absorption. Granted I never injected in my stomach fat nor did i inject everyday, So I am not sure if that played a roll? But I really did see double test levels when switching to a longer needle with pharma test. (once a week injections)
Yeah that could be true, im seeing guys range anywhere between 677 total test on only 10 mlg per day all the way to 1200 total test depending on how their bodies use it up, and if they are doing 20 mlg e day to every other day....

So total test depends a lot on 2 things when doing sub q

How much ur pinning

How quickly ur body converts the test or uses it etc... Switching it to estrogen etc....

I am considering getting back on at low dosages eod, or ed.... Depending on ester and if i want to become a pin cushion haha

Where is the ester bolus going if it's not metabolized and absorbed into the bloodstream? Eliminated directly as an ester? I'd expect absorption to be slower but not to actually lose the drug unless you get a permanent sterile abscess.

I haven't tried SQ of T myself beyond an experimental pin or two... no regimen. I'll have to give that a go and compare the same gear with IM, same labs protocol etc.

I thought the same thing which is why i was using a 1/4inch needle at the time. From everything that I have read online, it would get absorbed eventually but longer time to do so. However, I did bloodwork and i think i had 600-800 levels with 250 mg of pharma test e a week. Switched to an inch needle and levels were 1500ish after 5 weeks. (on the 8th day post injection)

Hence why my original posts were very anti subq due to my bad personal experience with it. If you ever do experiment with it, I look forward to hear of your results if you pin subq for 6 weeks. Then try IM and compare the levels. But try to only pin subq once a week. If others are doing it successfully perhaps everyday subq injections are superior to once a week injections if doing subq

I thought the same thing which is why i was using a 1/4inch needle at the time. From everything that I have read online, it would get absorbed eventually but longer time to do so. However, I did bloodwork and i think i had 600-800 levels with 250 mg of pharma test e a week. Switched to an inch needle and levels were 1500ish after 5 weeks. (on the 8th day post injection)

Hence why my original posts were very anti subq due to my bad personal experience with it. If you ever do experiment with it, I look forward to hear of your results if you pin subq for 6 weeks. Then try IM and compare the levels. But try to only pin subq once a week. If others are doing it successfully perhaps everyday subq injections are superior to once a week injections if doing subq

I definitely will do this. I've been a pincushion for science many times before so may as well spark it up again. :D

My working theory for your results (assuming all gear was the same, legit, bloods were done right, no mistakes anywhere, etc etc... no reason for me to think otherwise) is that you formed a few permanent sterile boluses/boli/abscesses in your SQ fat where you pinned and that led to low results. It seems like this would be detectable as lumps (especially if BF% is low) but I dunno if that's dependable.

But we do know without a doubt this happens occasionally to us juicers from members here getting MRI / CAT scans showing multiple such benign abscesses accumulating over the years, representing a lot of "lost" pins, though it's a reasonable assumption this is rare given how reliably we do respond to legit gear, or prescribed pharma TRT oils, and "lost" injections are generally not worried about. Also reasonable to assume it's the long-time juicers at highest risk because of scar tissue buildup, as well as commonly using UGL gear with often a much higher inflammation response than pharma oils.

I just can't see how the esters would disappear otherwise.

Nothing I've read indicates they can be directly eliminated by the kidneys or even metabolized in any other way (aside from esterase cleaving of course) due to that big-ass ester hanging off the hormone and confounding any AR binding. Test-e and other oils are extremely stable, as we know, lasting for years on the shelf... certainly they degrade much faster in the hot and wet environment of body tissue but I haven't seen this be any sort of obvious issue in pharmacologic literature.

I'm also curious about Test-e or -c half-life when delivered sub-q. This is pretty trivial to measure so may as well do it -- I'll pin a 7-day supply then get labs 2 and 7 days post-pin. That gets past the initial hormone surge (unless SQ depot delay is really slow) and onto a clean decay curve. I've done this a few times with test-e IM and always gotten a 4.5-day half-life right on the money. If you or anyone else wants to run these tests too that would be awesome of course.

Thanks for bringing up this "issue", lol. :twothumbs: This will be fun.

Some test injections hurt worse than others. For example SUS hurts like a mofo and I always used to get a lump and it would be sore for 2 days. It could be dirty oil as someone else suggested. Try running the syringe under warm water (leave the cap on the needle so you don’t risk making the needle unsterile. Try to take a hot shower before injection and with the heated oil in the syringe it does seem to help. If you still become sore after injection Ice and massaging can be your best friend. I know people (me included) that massage the area before And after infection. Good luck pal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What size pins do you use for sub q injections?
Usually slin pnis 27-31 1/2" or sometimes smaller some times longer depending on where u pin

Some test injections hurt worse than others. For example SUS hurts like a mofo and I always used to get a lump and it would be sore for 2 days. It could be dirty oil as someone else suggested. Try running the syringe under warm water (leave the cap on the needle so you don’t risk making the needle unsterile. Try to take a hot shower before injection and with the heated oil in the syringe it does seem to help. If you still become sore after injection Ice and massaging can be your best friend. I know people (me included) that massage the area before And after infection. Good luck pal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You think sust hurts more probably because it has prop in it. I would never subq a short ester. I can only imagine how that would feel.

As far as pin size anything 25g-30g 1/2" to 5/8" will be fine. My doc prescribed 25g 1/2" to start and I've just been using 30g 1/2" slins. That pharma cotton seed oil can be a thick bitch though.

Back