• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Can someone give me a quick breakdown of the differences

jgroove

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Maybe a quick breakdown of the difference between these Test?

Test Prop
Test Enan
Test Cyp

I have been on low 250mg week of Test Cyp for about 3 months. Wanting to maybe switch up.

Esters is what makes them different. Test E and Test C are long esters, while Test Prop is a short ester.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prop is a fast acting compound and should be injected ED or EOD, and will give you a higher free test level then a moderate or slower ester will

Test E and CYP are virtually interchangeable, aka they are nearly identical. Both peak at 48 hours, and then the levels decrease until about day 11. On average in studies, at day 11 is when the majority of users dip under the origninal baseline. You may hear this is a 2 week ester, and in some of the studies, "some of the users" did have levels above baseline until days 13, 14 but again the majority of them made it to Day 11.

Irregardless of either compound the goal is to have a "steady" testosterone baseline. Not a decreasing one. So administering smaller amounts, more often is far more optimal then doing one huge shot every week or so.

In the med field we dose 100mgs of CYP or E - every 4th day to keep the majority of Men 18-60 in the 700-1100 range. (7 days after last injection)

being different esters, they have different weights. therefore active testosterone is different.
Active Test Per 100 mg:
Testosterone Propionate : 80mg
Testosterone Enanthate : 70mg
Testosterone Cypionate : 69mg

Half Life... That is the only difference between all these esters, same hormone, it's simply attached to a different ester for different time release.. They ultimately all achieve the same goal , just at different rates..
Timing and half-life!

Thanks all, any one of them have the least amount of water retention?

Here's a thread I made about this topic, it explains how different esters or ever SAME esters effect everyone differently..
http://www.anabolicsteroidforums.co...ester-effects-user-differently-(real-science)

Recently I've noticed the topic about the usage of 1 particular ester yielding different results in users..Or, others claiming one ester to be Superior to the next..This is all individual based on ones static system of checks/loops, no two individuals are the same..This is why people argue that cypionate is much more potent than enanthate, as this is a fragile argument at best and makes little sense, as your muscles/receptors are only recognizing free bio hormone no matter what the ester that was utilized to deploy the parenting hormone!

These are great questions & a worthwhile topic, as there's some real truth behind this;

Let's begin with the expression of a single hormones yielding an opposite effect - rather than a positive "smooth" response to the hormone as some individuals claim/experience..An appropriate example to begin with would be that of an alcoholic...

Why? Because of Genetics, I'll explain!

Everyone posses different gene expression,with enzymes,protein bonds,and so on..(Enzymes are known to catalyze more then 5k biochemical types)..Yet our bodies posses inhibitors and activator molecules that can greatly effect the activity, by increasing or decreasing hormonal actives..Now, that of an acholohic,it's a genetic predisposition (same applies for particular endocrines with sensitive users concerning AAS) in which one posses a group of particular enzymes that metabolize alcohol much differently compared to other individuals, thus the effects will be much greater, and more detrimental in some individuals over the next..(Different metabolization)

Now, let's compare this to the hormones!

(Example) Testosterone can have 3 roles
1) Being testosterone as it's primary function..
2) Converting into DHT (dihydrotestosterone: a more potent metabolite/androgen)..
3)Converting into estrogen

Here you see this effect differs greatly by individual instances, as genetics, age or even ethnicity (in some cases), or even sex may be a factor, whether one has a greater presence of aromatase enzymes, or even a deficiency.. Hormones/esters have various biosynthetic pathways occurring in the endorcrine,some either or before reaching their target tissue(to control plasma levels or active compounds),or at times after termination of their actions (inactivation and elimination)..However many of hormones and esters are metabolized within their target tissue, in which a complex interplay between activation and inactivation mechanisms serve to regulate the specificity and the amplitude of the hormonal response..

This is why "singular ester" hormone treatment is NOT designed as a one size fits all therapy...
Just an FYI: There's two main types of enzymes that act in the cleaving process of the ester in which activate the hormone...These 2 particular "Enzymes" are esterases & hydrolysate.. These come along and cleave pieces of the ester off the hormone, thereby releasing the active chemical (parenting steroid hormone) and allowing it to do its job (ultimately muscle building/tissue via protein synthesis, positive nitrogen balance and so on )...Now in the bloodstream which testosterone and blood born nutrients and substances circulate is recognized as the "medium". These enzymes circulate in the medium and directly affect the release of "active" hormone in the bloodstream by ester cleavage, thus exerting different expression per individuals, trigger a chute of cellular interaction at receptor sites that will differ from one to the next..
human-esterases-chemical-and-biochemical-considerations-8-638.jpg

People need to remember that hormones are "chemical messengers" that rely messages to cells that display specific receptors for each hormone and respond to the signaling..Depending on the ester and the individuals metabolization ratio the hormone can/may make changes directly to a cell, by changing the genes that are activated, or by making changes indirectly to a cell by stimulating other signaling pathways inside a specific cell group that is effected and effect other processes, thus this can "initiate" an intracellular cascade of events..

This is why the "same/singular hormone ester" effects people differently, because there's numerous ways a hormone can yield different effects..So, depending on which transcription factors are present different genes will be transcribed in response...Thereby the reason some individuals tend to bloat and others do NOT, as some can run 250mgs of Test and begin to see signs of fluid retention or edema exert in the circular system, or particular regions of the body..Yet, there's individuals that can utilize 1000mgs of Test and remain dry..Of course diet permitting.. (but this article's about biosynthesis, and not diet)

Regards,
Vision

PS. Half life is pivatol!

Prop is a fast acting compound and should be injected ED or EOD, and will give you a higher free test level then a moderate or slower ester will

Test E and CYP are virtually interchangeable, aka they are nearly identical. Both peak at 48 hours, and then the levels decrease until about day 11. On average in studies, at day 11 is when the majority of users dip under the origninal baseline. You may hear this is a 2 week ester, and in some of the studies, "some of the users" did have levels above baseline until days 13, 14 but again the majority of them made it to Day 11.

Irregardless of either compound the goal is to have a "steady" testosterone baseline. Not a decreasing one. So administering smaller amounts, more often is far more optimal then doing one huge shot every week or so.

In the med field we dose 100mgs of CYP or E - every 4th day to keep the majority of Men 18-60 in the 700-1100 range. (7 days after last injection)

Great explanation. My primary care doc has me on low dose of Test Cyp. 100mg once a week for TRT. He stated he only wanted to be around a free T of 15, seemed low, and I wasn’t feeling better even after 3 months. I decided to blast this last month 250mg a week, and feel great! Now I have 5 weeks before my next labs at his prescribed dose. Thinking about just going off the TRT, and run my own labs. We’ll see how I feel after the 5-6 weeks at 100mg week, if it’s worth keeping that going. I need him for my primary , on blood pressure meds. Not sure how he will take it. We’ll see! Thanks for the great info.

Most bodybuilders switch to Prop during contest prep because it does have lower water retention. Problem is it requires more frequent injections.

If your diet is in check I wouldnt worry about which ester, its a small difference. Last contest I ran Test C and came in just as shredded when I took Test P. Its all diet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back