Acid reflux - Gerd - LPR

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 43 of 43
  1. #31
    Senior Member

    orange24's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    under the iron baby
    Posts
    1,807

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    72
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    188
    Thanked in
    157 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by MindlessWork View Post
    Yes give it a month or two before you go back to those foods you loved so that your esophagus has a chance to heal up. Been using the pills myself for over a month and my esophagus feels so much better now as it's healing nicely. Gave up the spicy foods a while back as well.
    I think thatís the key. Heal up then slowly introduce foods back in. Also, donít eat before bed! I suck at that one.

  2. #32
    Senior Member

    MindlessWork's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    8,231

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    5,757
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,634
    Thanked in
    1,350 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by orange24 View Post
    I think thatís the key. Heal up then slowly introduce foods back in. Also, donít eat before bed! I suck at that one.
    Oh yes I stopped eating before bed as well but maybe some oatmeal cakes thats what I eat before bed. Just recently started eating pasta with sauce again...no problem there.

  3. #33
    Senior Member

    orange24's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    under the iron baby
    Posts
    1,807

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    72
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    188
    Thanked in
    157 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by MindlessWork View Post
    Oh yes I stopped eating before bed as well but maybe some oatmeal cakes thats what I eat before bed. Just recently started eating pasta with sauce again...no problem there.
    I wanna get to the point where I donít need the Prilosec. Stuff is poison long term.

  4. #34
    Senior Member

    MindlessWork's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    8,231

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    5,757
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,634
    Thanked in
    1,350 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by orange24 View Post
    I wanna get to the point where I donít need the Prilosec. Stuff is poison long term.
    Yeah I hear you. I plan to stop it soon and see what happens.

  5. #35
    Senior Member

    chocolatemalt's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Purple Mountains
    Posts
    5,706

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    423
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    540
    Thanked in
    345 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by orange24 View Post
    Yeah been on it a week again just to get some relief. My issues arenít constant. I get major ocd when I feel that sharp pain for a second. Hurts on the left side of my abdomen too where the esophagus junction is. Happens when Iíve been eating too much chocolate or espresso. I need to just lay off for a while and let the inflamed tissue chill out. But...Iím addicted! Maybe if I just cut my consumption down that would help. Getting old sucks! Had iron guts till I was 33 and now Iím a mess sometimes.
    Did your docs narrow down a diagnosis ever? Sudden change like that seems suspicious.

  6. #36
    Senior Member

    orange24's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    under the iron baby
    Posts
    1,807

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    72
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    188
    Thanked in
    157 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by chocolatemalt View Post
    Did your docs narrow down a diagnosis ever? Sudden change like that seems suspicious.
    Oh yeah, I got scoped! They saw extremely mild esophogitus and gastritis. Itís not debilitating at all. Just flaIrs randomly. Combo of cheat meals and stress will give me some trouble.

  7. #37
    Senior Member

    MindlessWork's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    8,231

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    5,757
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,634
    Thanked in
    1,350 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by orange24 View Post
    Oh yeah, I got scoped! They saw extremely mild esophogitus and gastritis. Itís not debilitating at all. Just flaIrs randomly. Combo of cheat meals and stress will give me some trouble.
    There are treatments for those and ask your doc about them. Once you get those fixed then you should be able to kick the Prilosec at some point.

  8. #38
    Senior Member

    orange24's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    under the iron baby
    Posts
    1,807

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    72
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    188
    Thanked in
    157 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by MindlessWork View Post
    There are treatments for those and ask your doc about them.
    They said surafalate and Prilosec for two months. Tested negative for all the h pylori stuff.

  9. #39
    Senior Member

    MindlessWork's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    8,231

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    5,757
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,634
    Thanked in
    1,350 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by orange24 View Post
    They said surafalate and Prilosec for two months. Tested negative for all the h pylori stuff.
    Good...hopefully a follow up scope will show things are healing up and the doc may then tell you when to stop the prilosec.

  10. #40
    Senior Member

    orange24's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    under the iron baby
    Posts
    1,807

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    72
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    188
    Thanked in
    157 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Yeah I was fine all year. Last couple months flared up. Was totally good till then. I think stress, lack of sleep and diet adjustments were to blame. Iím back getting it under control. The doc I had did say Iíd have reflux my whole life and itís not possible to get rid of it. I called bs. When I went keto/carnivore or even followed a ph5+ diet I did supremely well. It can be fixed you just have to figure out what works for you. I do really well on low carb high fat red meat diets. I grow like a weed too.

  11. #41
    Senior Member

    MindlessWork's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    8,231

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    5,757
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,634
    Thanked in
    1,350 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by orange24 View Post
    Yeah I was fine all year. Last couple months flared up. Was totally good till then. I think stress, lack of sleep and diet adjustments were to blame. Iím back getting it under control. The doc I had did say Iíd have reflux my whole life and itís not possible to get rid of it. I called bs. When I went keto/carnivore or even followed a ph5+ diet I did supremely well. It can be fixed you just have to figure out what works for you. I do really well on low carb high fat red meat diets. I grow like a weed too.
    Good that you have a happy medium and stress does play a role so good you can deal with stress then you'll be able to keep your health.

  12. #42
    Senior Member

    orange24's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    under the iron baby
    Posts
    1,807

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    72
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    188
    Thanked in
    157 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by MindlessWork View Post
    Good that you have a happy medium and stress does play a role so good you can deal with stress then you'll be able to keep your health.
    Such is life man! Ups and downs!! Learning to build a healthier relationship with food slowly but surely.

  13. #43
    Community Veteran
    ADMINISTRATOR

    heavyiron's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    8,737

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    571
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,185
    Thanked in
    655 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by HFO3 View Post
    Pepcid Ac chewable is fast acting and works much better than a tums


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Agreed, I only use the Pepcid ac when I really need it though.

Similar Threads

  1. Anyone else suffer from GERD and take Prilosec?
    By Aimco in forum Anabolic Steroids
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 09-14-2019, 06:08 PM
  2. Acid reflux
    By orange24 in forum Diet & Nutrition
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-21-2019, 05:30 PM
  3. Acid Reflux
    By ProjectSwole in forum Anabolic Steroids
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-13-2017, 08:59 PM
  4. Acid Reflux from Anadrol?
    By DHullk in forum Anabolic Steroids
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-28-2015, 02:16 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-31-2013, 04:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Copyright© 2012-2019 Anabolic Steroid Discussion Forums