Acid reflux - Gerd - LPR

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 43
  1. #16
    Senior Member

    chocolatemalt's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Purple Mountains
    Posts
    6,152

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    654
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    766
    Thanked in
    509 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Anyone had sides from omeprazole et al? Gonna try it with a friend suffering badly and Tums ain't doing it, but she's already on a sea of meds. Tracking sides is no small issue.

  2. #17
    Senior Member

    MindlessWork's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    9,196

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    7,745
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,087
    Thanked in
    1,699 Posts
    Rep Points
    2146679860

    Quote Originally Posted by chocolatemalt View Post
    Anyone had sides from omeprazole et al? Gonna try it with a friend suffering badly and Tums ain't doing it, but she's already on a sea of meds. Tracking sides is no small issue.
    To me not really any and 40mg 2x ED works for me.

  3. #18
    Senior Member

    orange24's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    under the iron baby
    Posts
    1,855

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    76
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    212
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by MindlessWork View Post
    To me not really any and 40mg 2x ED works for me.
    You take 80mg a day?

  4. #19
    NO LIMITS.
    SUPER MOD

    HFO3's Avatar


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    8,068

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,917
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,901
    Thanked in
    2,354 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Pepcid Ac chewable is fast acting and works much better than a tums


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #20
    Senior Member

    MindlessWork's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    9,196

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    7,745
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,087
    Thanked in
    1,699 Posts
    Rep Points
    2146679860

    Quote Originally Posted by orange24 View Post
    You take 80mg a day?
    Yes.

  6. #21
    Senior Member

    Tall Deck's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    4,124

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    923
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    824
    Thanked in
    619 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by chocolatemalt View Post
    Anyone had sides from omeprazole et al? Gonna try it with a friend suffering badly and Tums ain't doing it, but she's already on a sea of meds. Tracking sides is no small issue.
    Never. Been taking it for years, (but only 14 days at a time). I use 20 mg once daily. By the second day, all symptoms vanish

  7. #22
    NO LIMITS.
    SUPER MOD

    HFO3's Avatar


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    8,068

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,917
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,901
    Thanked in
    2,354 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by chocolatemalt View Post
    Anyone had sides from omeprazole et al? Gonna try it with a friend suffering badly and Tums ain't doing it, but she's already on a sea of meds. Tracking sides is no small issue.
    I used lanzoprazole which is basically the same thing as omneprazole, I saw a huge decline in eGFR markers but I abused it for years before I saw the decline in numbers.

    Adding a substantial amount of healthy fats and fruit to my existing paleo food plan removed all symptoms of gerd, Iím literally free after years of pain and suffering. Hope she gets better man, gerd sucks


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #23
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    121

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    13
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    31
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    Rep Points
    490100

    Quote Originally Posted by chocolatemalt View Post
    Anyone had sides from omeprazole et al? Gonna try it with a friend suffering badly and Tums ain't doing it, but she's already on a sea of meds. Tracking sides is no small issue.
    I got headaches on it so stopped taking it, on prescribed pantoprazole now and it seems to work without sides


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #24
    Senior Member

    chocolatemalt's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Purple Mountains
    Posts
    6,152

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    654
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    766
    Thanked in
    509 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Thx for all the feedback, excellent stuff. I wound up giving her ranitidine since that's what I have on hand, the omeprazole package is missing somewhere. Seems to have helped quite a bit but she won't take it more than EOD due to stomach issues and nausea paranoia. Can't blame her, never seen someone on such a med soup.

  10. #25
    Senior Member

    orange24's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    under the iron baby
    Posts
    1,855

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    76
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    212
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by chocolatemalt View Post
    Thx for all the feedback, excellent stuff. I wound up giving her ranitidine since that's what I have on hand, the omeprazole package is missing somewhere. Seems to have helped quite a bit but she won't take it more than EOD due to stomach issues and nausea paranoia. Can't blame her, never seen someone on such a med soup.
    Digestive stuff is so hard to figure out. An all out carnivore diet or strict keto diet can really help this stuff though.

  11. #26
    Senior Member

    chocolatemalt's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Purple Mountains
    Posts
    6,152

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    654
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    766
    Thanked in
    509 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by orange24 View Post
    Digestive stuff is so hard to figure out. An all out carnivore diet or strict keto diet can really help this stuff though.
    I believe it. Similarly, what HFO3 said about fats and fruits has got me thinking about that as well. Processed foods, sugar, refined grains are far more harmful than we fully know... IMO. A quiet long-term catastrophe for the health of nearly everyone.

    My friend even mentioned yesterday that she gets no heartburn at all if her diet is clean. That kinda wraps it. Gotta drop all the sugar and boxed crap, but it's immensely addictive.

  12. #27
    Senior Member

    orange24's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    under the iron baby
    Posts
    1,855

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    76
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    212
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by chocolatemalt View Post
    I believe it. Similarly, what HFO3 said about fats and fruits has got me thinking about that as well. Processed foods, sugar, refined grains are far more harmful than we fully know... IMO. A quiet long-term catastrophe for the health of nearly everyone.

    My friend even mentioned yesterday that she gets no heartburn at all if her diet is clean. That kinda wraps it. Gotta drop all the sugar and boxed crap, but it's immensely addictive.
    Iím certain my issues would be minimal, well they arenít horrible, but if I could give up espresso Iíd heal the sensitive areas that flair up. We have an espresso bar at home and Iíve been pulling shots for 20 years. Giving it up is like dying for me haha.

  13. #28
    Senior Member

    MindlessWork's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    9,196

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    7,745
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,087
    Thanked in
    1,699 Posts
    Rep Points
    2146679860

    Quote Originally Posted by orange24 View Post
    Iím certain my issues would be minimal, well they arenít horrible, but if I could give up espresso Iíd heal the sensitive areas that flair up. We have an espresso bar at home and Iíve been pulling shots for 20 years. Giving it up is like dying for me haha.
    I now able to enjoy a Starbucks Dark Roast again after taking the Omeprazole. Shit burns going down before and flared up the heartburn.

    Coffee is hard to give up...started drinking it at 15 as my mom always made darn good Italian pressed coffee.

  14. #29
    Senior Member

    orange24's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    under the iron baby
    Posts
    1,855

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    76
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    212
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by MindlessWork View Post
    I now able to enjoy a Starbucks Dark Roast again after taking the Omeprazole. Shit burns going down before and flared up the heartburn.
    Yeah been on it a week again just to get some relief. My issues arenít constant. I get major ocd when I feel that sharp pain for a second. Hurts on the left side of my abdomen too where the esophagus junction is. Happens when Iíve been eating too much chocolate or espresso. I need to just lay off for a while and let the inflamed tissue chill out. But...Iím addicted! Maybe if I just cut my consumption down that would help. Getting old sucks! Had iron guts till I was 33 and now Iím a mess sometimes.

  15. #30
    Senior Member

    MindlessWork's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    9,196

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    7,745
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,087
    Thanked in
    1,699 Posts
    Rep Points
    2146679860

    Quote Originally Posted by orange24 View Post
    Yeah been on it a week again just to get some relief. My issues arenít constant. I get major ocd when I feel that sharp pain for a second. Hurts on the left side of my abdomen too where the esophagus junction is. Happens when Iíve been eating too much chocolate or espresso. I need to just lay off for a while and let the inflamed tissue chill out. But...Iím addicted! Maybe if I just cut my consumption down that would help. Getting old sucks! Had iron guts till I was 33 and now Iím a mess sometimes.
    Yes give it a month or two before you go back to those foods you loved so that your esophagus has a chance to heal up. Been using the pills myself for over a month and my esophagus feels so much better now as it's healing nicely. Gave up the spicy foods a while back as well.

Similar Threads

  1. Anyone else suffer from GERD and take Prilosec?
    By Aimco in forum Anabolic Steroids
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 09-14-2019, 05:08 PM
  2. Acid reflux
    By orange24 in forum Diet & Nutrition
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-21-2019, 04:30 PM
  3. Acid Reflux
    By ProjectSwole in forum Anabolic Steroids
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-13-2017, 07:59 PM
  4. Acid Reflux from Anadrol?
    By DHullk in forum Anabolic Steroids
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-28-2015, 01:16 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-31-2013, 04:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Copyright© 2012-2020 Anabolic Steroid Discussion Forums