• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Home phlebotomy

303055622lr

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I can't donate till December 5th my crit is high, I feel like shit. I have 18 guage needles and 3ml barrels. Has anyone had luck dumping blood with these items without it clotting?

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

I do it.
If you can't get proper blood draw equipment you can attach a piece of tubing like aquarium airline tubing to your needle and then through a 500ml water bottle cap and drain off 500ml or so. Do it with someone present though. If you pass out and no one is there to stop it things can go sideways.

I do it.
If you can't get proper blood draw equipment you can attach a piece of tubing like aquarium airline tubing to your needle and then through a 500ml water bottle cap and drain off 500ml or so. Do it with someone present though. If you pass out and no one is there to stop it things can go sideways.

Apparently the needle will be clotting up long before a bleed out can happen. So I've heard... the scuttlebutt.... the word on the street. So it's gotta be true right?

All I know is that no one has complained about any fatal bleed outs happening to them personally.

I’ve done this. It was messy and sketchy at best, and I have a medical degree and do advanced procedures to gain different types of vascular access on a daily basis. Definitely don’t do it alone, regardless of the needle clotting off before you bleed out you can still seriously hurt yourself passing out with a needle in your arm. Not worth it.

- - - Updated - - -

All I know is that no one has complained about any fatal bleed outs happening to them personally.

lmao

https://www.phlebotomykit.com/kits.html

us a kit if you’re gonna do it. Or perhaps try a search for a mobile donation RV? WE have them around my neck of the woods and they don’t check ur current donation schedule so you can donate freely. Good luck.

If H/H are super high and you're worried and can't donate right now, I would drop doses immediately, start eating a grapefruit everyday, increase cardio, and drink plenty of water. If you're really worried about clotting, an aspiring might be worth taking short term.

If H/H are super high and you're worried and can't donate right now, I would drop doses immediately, start eating a grapefruit everyday, increase cardio, and drink plenty of water. If you're really worried about clotting, an aspiring might be worth taking short term.
Got em. I actually love that bitter fruit.

https://www.phlebotomykit.com/kits.html

us a kit if you’re gonna do it. Or perhaps try a search for a mobile donation RV? WE have them around my neck of the woods and they don’t check ur current donation schedule so you can donate freely. Good luck.
Grabbed a kit. The aquarium tubing didn't fit on the needle and I started thinking about getting blood poisoning lol

IML Gear Cream!
Blood letting log in the making?

you should video it, wear a mask or something. We can learn the do’s and dont’s. Lol

good luck bro.

Grabbed a kit. The aquarium tubing didn't fit on the needle and I started thinking about getting blood poisoning lol

Bahahahaha oh damn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have done it for years now,,every 20 weeks right at. I have mastered it, arm looks better than when the blood bank does it also lol. Got sick and tired of screwing with them and my doctor on getting a blood dump script. In the comforts of my own home, cleaner probably than going where everybody is bleeding lol. Use the exact same large vein they do,clean it good with decolorized iodine then alcohol. I sit in a folding chair and slightly lean over a large bowel i have marked off at 500 mls. With a 18g needle screwed on to the 3ml barrel,plunger pulled out of course,no need for a tube attached,, with the hole of the syringe facing up so you can see exactly where you are ,inject like your shooting up .Let it pour,be hydrated,takes me 10 min and im done. I have got to where i can let go of the needle and syringe and just sit real still,it wont fall out.

I have done it for years now,,every 20 weeks right at. I have mastered it, arm looks better than when the blood bank does it also lol. Got sick and tired of screwing with them and my doctor on getting a blood dump script. In the comforts of my own home, cleaner probably than going where everybody is bleeding lol. Use the exact same large vein they do,clean it good with decolorized iodine then alcohol. I sit in a folding chair and slightly lean over a large bowel i have marked off at 500 mls. With a 18g needle screwed on to the 3ml barrel,plunger pulled out of course,no need for a tube attached,, with the hole of the syringe facing up so you can see exactly where you are ,inject like your shooting up .Let it pour,be hydrated,takes me 10 min and im done. I have got to where i can let go of the needle and syringe and just sit real still,it wont fall out.

How much do you bleed out, and how long does it take?

No clotting issues? Others have said 16ga is best but then that kit linked above is 21-22ga.

Wait...you mean steroid users really are “sticking needles into their arms...” lol.

No clotting issues? Others have said 16ga is best but then that kit linked above is 21-22ga.
Yes sir i said i have the bowel marked with a black marker at 500mls tad over a pint,takes me 10 min, 18g is plenty! Be hydrated of course and i do take a baby aspirin a day vit e garlic coq10 my blood is thin lol. It takes practice my first two times i had to go in twice with the needle that sucks. NO 16g bro never do that with a vein,,my first time it worked with a 21g just took longer.

Yes sir i said i have the bowel marked with a black marker at 500mls tad over a pint,takes me 10 min, 18g is plenty! Be hydrated of course and i do take a baby aspirin a day vit e garlic coq10 my blood is thin lol. It takes practice my first two times i had to go in twice with the needle that sucks. NO 16g bro never do that with a vein,,my first time it worked with a 21g just took longer.

Good info thx. And yeah that thin blood (from aspirin especially) should make a huge difference.

Maybe I'll finally man up and give this a try for the next cycle. I've pinned hundreds of times now and had 100+ bloodwork appointments and completely blasé about it but never gone for a vein myself, and get the heebie jeebies thinking about it lol... should be an adventure.

Good info thx. And yeah that thin blood (from aspirin especially) should make a huge difference.

Maybe I'll finally man up and give this a try for the next cycle. I've pinned hundreds of times now and had 100+ bloodwork appointments and completely blasé about it but never gone for a vein myself, and get the heebie jeebies thinking about it lol... should be an adventure.
Well i understand that. I am kinda weird ,i dont mind blood and i like needles. I was so happy and excited tho when i learned how to do it myself. Like i said earlier have that hole of the needle facing up so you see exactly where you are, and once you commit do not hesitate, stick that bastard right in. If your spot on blood should start pouring right out. If it drips kinda slow just sit there and wait it out, dont move it around to much or it might stop flowing completely and then you have to re poke.

The kit linked above works with those little vacuum tubes. That's why. It's meant for small blood samples, not bloodletting. There are kits on the market with a 500 ml bag. They all come with 16 gauge needle, and it has some special shape to the tip, but I forget what is special about it right now as I am typing. The kit runs about $12.

I can't donate blood because I got flagged as a hepatitis c carrier years ago, even though I am not a carrier. So I actually monitor my hematocrit my self. Here's what I do.

I draw some blood in a clot tube and spin it in the centerfuge. I realize that almost no one can do that, but I am in medicine and I can. I spin it and calculate my hematocrit. If I need to dump blood I give myself some heparin so it won't clot. Then I can use a smaller needle and remove it with a 10 ml syringe. I just count how many times I dump it to get an accurate volume. I use a butterfly needle like is used for regular blood draws. If I'm lucky I can get one of my nurses to do it, but they are usually pretty busy so I do it myself.

Blood won't flow out of a butterfly needle without pulling vacuum with a syringe, so I am not worried. Besides, how often does someone just pass out. Heparin can be dangerous, but anyone who can do simple math will be okay. This is just what I do, I am not recommending it.

Get Shredded!
Just get a kit on amazon. I have some crooked red drive blood donor people that dont care if i got flagged with hep c. I track to see which walmart theyre at and i went there acting like i was undecided. By the second time i told em i need to donate so they do me the favor every time i go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't donate blood because I got flagged as a hepatitis c carrier years ago, even though I am not a carrier. So I actually monitor my hematocrit my self. Here's what I do.

I draw some blood in a clot tube and spin it in the centerfuge. I realize that almost no one can do that, but I am in medicine and I can. I spin it and calculate my hematocrit. If I need to dump blood I give myself some heparin so it won't clot. Then I can use a smaller needle and remove it with a 10 ml syringe. I just count how many times I dump it to get an accurate volume. I use a butterfly needle like is used for regular blood draws. If I'm lucky I can get one of my nurses to do it, but they are usually pretty busy so I do it myself.

Blood won't flow out of a butterfly needle without pulling vacuum with a syringe, so I am not worried. Besides, how often does someone just pass out. Heparin can be dangerous, but anyone who can do simple math will be okay. This is just what I do, I am not recommending it.
I tried once in the past with a 22 guage with a 3 ml barrel with the plunger pulled out I was gonna dump it all into a bottle. It clotted up almost instantly. I've been trying to casually ask some of my nurse friends about doing it but I don't wanna tell anyone about my gear use, I don't feel like answering questions or have the rumor mill start ,even tho they prob already think it. Im gonna try again with the 18 guage with abarrel dumped into a bottle.

Here we go boys it was messy but worked. 18 guage 3 ml barrel into bottle.
9b426f26657a95d4623ff95c0167a709.jpg

Payday! I kept checking to see if you'd post a vid or pic in this thread.

How'd you feel while doing it?
It really wasn't bad at all. There's a perfect amount of pressure on the bp cuff to get optimum blood flow so I had to keep pushing the button the make it fill up and deflate. It's was about half way delfated amount of pressure and it really comes squirting out. Alot easier than I expected.

Oh. This picture of you doing a blood transfusion yourself in the house looks quite messy. I wouldn't really recommend it as it can turn into an ugly story mainly due to the injury you could have done to your arm. I used to have questions like you as a child too, and it was one of the reasons I said to myself new profession for me - Phlebotomist. Of course now that I do the job in a hospital after a long time learning about it, I would never recommend anyone to do something like that. It's good that you were lucky to pull it through successfuly.

The photo above is terrifying. If you can't do anything properly, don't try to do it on your own.

The photo above is terrifying. If you can't do anything properly, don't try to do it on your own.
Isn't it preferable to take a quick phlebotomy class to ensure you don't make a mistake? It's for your own protection, after all. These courses are not difficult and are reasonably priced, thus it is preferable to take them. Even though 4 states require a phlebotomy certification, many people who work in this area find it difficult to do it without prior experience. So, I highly recommend trying. I bet you won't regret that.

Back