• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Serious inquiries only.. it's about marijuana edibles!

Vision

Team supervisor P.S.L.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
By now I'm sure most of you are where that I have always been uncomfortable with marijuana, throughout the years I would give it an attempt with almost immediate regrets.
Many of you gentleman here along with other people in my life gave me suggestions with different strains, along with trying different amount. Every single time it was a failure in my response would always be high anxiety and discomfort..

About a week ago someone gave me some edibles, in fact they were brownies.. I was very concerned on how to consume these because I've never did them before.

The individual that gave these to me is very well-rounded and I would consider a connoisseur when it pertains to cannabis. He really is well-rounded.

The serving amount he suggested was in or around the amount that he uses or other seasoned users would consume..

Knowing my lack of experience I went into this very slowly and cautious. I decided to only take one small little bite, I broke the one brownie up into six pieces and I had one small portion.. I felt it within the matter of minutes, however I assumed that I took too little because I wasn't feel much after that so why consumed another small piece (I regretted that immediately after).. by this time the first piece officially kicked in and now I had the second piece about to enter circulation.. fortunately enough it was bedtime so I slept It off...

The following night I wanted to give it a fair on his chance and just consume one.. I was completely blown away on how I felt, there was zero anxiety and I actually felt pain free and extremely relaxed..

Did I find my sweet spot?

So the following few nights I have repeated the same exact application, I consumed a very very little amount that is equivalent to just one bite.. within 45 minutes I feel its effect and it's very slight however it's extremely comfortable.

My question to anybody that is really well-rounded with this..

1) why does this feel more like a relaxing body high compared to a anxiety head high?
2). Why is this more comfortable and not as aggressive compared to smoking it?
3). Is there some sort of breakdown with enzymes that digest it and use it entirely differently?
4). Can I expect this with the majority of edibles? I do not want to get high but I do enjoy that relaxation feeling. If I so happen to get a little bit buzzed I don't mind because it's not overwhelming and I can function..

Please give me a help and assistance.

Again I'm not looking for anything over the top, I'm 42 years old with a family and I'm a professional. Any other recommendations would be great..

Yes, as far as I know when you ingest it the liver breaks it down and the effect does change. HOWEVER... Very possible to eat too much and it will have a psychedelic effect. Tread with caution

Take too much and it sucks big time. Stay with low doses for sure.

1) why does this feel more like a relaxing body high compared to a anxiety head high?
2). Why is this more comfortable and not as aggressive compared to smoking it?
3). Is there some sort of breakdown with enzymes that digest it and use it entirely differently?
4). Can I expect this with the majority of edibles? I do not want to get high but I do enjoy that relaxation feeling. If I so happen to get a little bit buzzed I don't mind because it's not overwhelming and I can function..

I was a big stoner at some point in my life so im basing my answers purely from experience.

1. There are 2 different strands of weed, Indica and Sativa. Indica is more of a relaxing body high and Sativa is more of an energizing head high. Most likely Indica was used, and eating weed tends to feel more relaxing in general.

2. Smoking it hits you instantly, and when you eat it, it has to digest.

3. Dont know the science behind it. This is all from personal experience.

4. Yes, all edibles give a very relaxing feeling. Eating too much will just make you really sleepy. I always preferred smoking it for the high feeling. But I havnt smoked in years. Never got into vaping or CBD, that was after I quit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never had the commercially made edibles they have now but years ago when I ate too much I remember it made me like a stereotype Cali movie stoner then knocked me out. The new shit my wife could answer, I'm DOT tested now

I have used sativa and indica, both were very strong, like heavy said be smart, start small. I think strains are all BS, at least in my circle, they have been crossbreed so many times nobody know what is what. All weed highs end with anxiety, for me, it’s like I have a social clock with a timer, and once that timer hits zero, I ‘m over it and ready to chill ... either way, ENJOY.

I have used sativa and indica, both were very strong, like heavy said be smart, start small. I think strains are all BS, at least in my circle, they have been crossbreed so many times nobody know what is what. All weed highs end with anxiety, for me, it’s like I have a social clock with a timer, and once that timer hits zero, I ‘m over it and ready to chill ... either way, ENJOY.

Here's the thing for myself, I do not like the feeling of being high especially when it's associated with the anxiety.
Throughout the years every once in awhile I would just give it one more try and I regret it immediately.

This was my first time actually eating an edible. (Besides one lollipop several years ago and that was a nightmare but that's a different story).

I knew that these brownies we're going to be a bit on the stronger side especially the serving size.
I didn't even want them, but I figured I would just try one small bite. I didn't feel it at first so that's what I took a second bite threat that moment is when I regretted it because I felt the initial one kick in. I did not like the feeling there after, it all belongs to me the amount that I consumed was still an extremely small amount compared .

Like I stated above I only have been consumed in one small bite, for the average user it wouldn't even phase them, and I'm almost hardly not feeling anything but it's just the right amount for me. This is the only time that I slightly enjoyed the onset of a little bit of a buzz..

Sleep?
Sleep the past few nights has been absolutely astounding. I'm waking up with a sore throat, that's a good thing and a bad thing.. that means I'm snoring and I need to use my CPAP machine, however that also means I am getting some super deep sleep.

The problem I'm going to have here on out is trying any edibles and not knowing how much to consume to duplicate the same experience. I have no desire to feel high and if I do I just want a little itty bit.. like a faint slight feeling.

But also made a big difference was each time I consume these it was right before bed.

I'm probably being laughed at for the amount that I'm using but in all honesty it's working perfectly right where it's at.

And I agree with the strange being BS because all of them at one point make me feel very uncomfortable.

He is my other question to you fellows..
Can I experience the same relaxation with CBD oil? Having the high is not important and I can do without it, but if that high feeling is there I would like just a little itty bitty thing trace of it...

Why do I feel different and more relaxed compared to oral consumption verse every time I smoked it which was an absolute nightmare?

Can I experience the same relaxation with CBD oil? Having the high is not important and I can do without it, but if that high feeling is there I would like just a little itty bitty thing trace of it...

Why do I feel different and more relaxed compared to oral consumption verse every time I smoked it which was an absolute nightmare?

THC is what makes you high. If you get real CBD you will feel that relaxed feeling you want without the high because there wont be any THC in it.

Your consuming it differently, and its hitting you slower instead of all at once.

THC is what makes you high. If you get real CBD you will feel that relaxed feeling you want without the high because there wont be any THC in it.

Your consuming it differently, and its hitting you slower instead of all at once.

Are you aware if there is any articles and studies supporting the different effects based on what type of the application of ingesting is?

Last edited:
Are you aware if there is any articles and studies supporting the different effects based on what type of the application of ingesting is?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vice.com/amp/en_us/article/bj5mza/edible-high-vs-smoke-high

“Compared to puffing a joint, edibles can give you a much stronger “couch-locking” body high that lasts longer, sometimes four to six hours, but they take longer to kick in. Yes, you’ll feel the effects of smoking within minutes, but they’ll peak within 30 to 60 minutes and taper off between two to four hours. But when you smoke you actually absorb more cannabinoids, the high-inducing ingredients in weed such as tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), than you do from edibles. So why would an edible high be more potent and linger on?

“The issue isn’t that [weed is] metabolized differently, it's that it's gonna get metabolized to different degrees in different parts of the body, depending on the route of administration,” Nick Jikomes, the principal research scientist at Leafly, explains.”

Theres a quote from an article I found from a quick google search. I’m sure I can find better ones, but that is the general idea I was talking about.

IML Gear Cream!
Good morning Vision. Being a smoker and muncher in my younger years my opinion on this is: If you are a person that has anxiety or paranoid in anyway this recreational drug is not for you no matter how you take it. Although each person reacts differently the ones who are already anxious or paranoid will only increase these levels. Once again only my opinion from a person when younger smoked EVERYDAY of his life from a wake and bake to a good night puff for sweet dreams.

Definitely worth a try. Studies show a real effect for some people -- anti-anxiety and sometimes moderate pain relief. One friend of mine got great mood effects that way and was able to avoid prescription meds.

BUT... I myself tried several local sources of CBD (w/minuscule THC) from reputable shops that also sell legal weed and edibles (I live in a legal state with tons of competition and high quality) and the shit did absolute squat for me. Several hundred bucks down the drain for this experiment but I'm still glad I did it. Also shared the stuff with a friend w/ serious chronic pain trying to find some help there and she got zip as well.

Ive tried CBDs and I got absolutely nothing, I wanted pain relief in my ankle, I got a headache instead. I think its a total crapshoot when it comes to CBD oils. Waste of money, imo.

Ive tried CBDs and I got absolutely nothing, I wanted pain relief in my ankle, I got a headache instead. I think its a total crapshoot when it comes to CBD oils. Waste of money, imo.

If you get CBD in a state where marijuana is legal its a lot different. I felt the exact same way when I tried CBD from my local gas station, but then I had real CBD and it was much better.

its legal here. still sucked, waste of 100bucks. For clarity, I’m not saying it doesn’t work for others, this is just my personal experience

Last edited:
Ever give it to your gf/wife?

It very often causes an oral fixation. You can literally end up with a 1 hour blow job if you play your cards right :)

I prefer full spectrum CBD. There is a shop near my home that gives the lab reports with the CBD and its very good for facilitating sleep.

There is a ton of junk CBD on the market so only buy from a shop that will provide third party labs.

PM me if you want more info.

in my state its everywhere now, even 24 hr gym sells it next to the cash register lol

I prefer full spectrum CBD. There is a shop near my home that gives the lab reports with the CBD and its very good for facilitating sleep.

There is a ton of junk CBD on the market so only buy from a shop that will provide third party labs.

I have to use around 100 mgs per night of FS CBD for over 2 weeks to " start " to feel it . After that -I can drop to 50 mgs - most ppl I know use cheap CBD and don't take enough or for long enough . Use with about 6 grams of Old Forest Red krat and you have a real winner !! -OD

Get Shredded!
When you eat an edible and it goes through your liver, it's actually a different mechanism of getting you high compared to smoking it. The liver breaks it down into a different compound. I prefer low dose edibles to smoking these days. 5-10mg is perfect for me. 15-20mg if I don't have shit to do and just want to chill.

The indica/sativa ratio does factor into this as well. The one thing you do not want to do is take more than you need to. Eventually it will happen and you will understand why so many people are saying this same thing. Enjoy it brother, healthy and responsible usage of THC is a thing regardless of what we were fed for so many years.

You should just stay sucking cock and fighting over 17 cent ramen noodles. Fucking white trash faggots belong in jail. Drug dealing losers.

Where did this come from?!?!

I'm going to hit you up in the private messaging..
I don't know anything about this stuff but I have heard that it's all about quality and I noticed several small mini mart in my area sell them, but a lot of the gurus tell me that they possess all sorts of chemicals.
I know absolutely nada, nothing about these..

The sleep has been pretty incredible on them, to the point I wake up with a sore throat.. I'm sleeping that long that deep without waking up for water, pros and cons..

I'm wondering how the combination would be with some old forest red, a little bit of this oil, 2.5 ius HGH and Gaba.. WITHOUT my sleep script!
Speaking in which, this works better than my sleep script, I don't wake up with any hangover or anything, just a little bit of a sore throat...

Ever give it to your gf/wife?

It very often causes an oral fixation. You can literally end up with a 1 hour blow job if you play your cards right :)

She's to much of a "goodie-goodie".. we're polar opposites.. plus she's a major hypochondriac, I would probably end up listening to her mouth looking up symptoms on Google all night (faceplants)

She's to much of a "goodie-goodie".. we're polar opposites.. plus she's a major hypochondriac, I would probably end up listening to her mouth looking up symptoms on Google all night (faceplants)

You might be surprised. I knew my wife took some of mine when we were at the hibachi grill and we laughing at stupid shit and all of the people and she ate more than I did. Out of the blue she just took one for the hell of it. I've never been more proud of her. :)

its legal here. still sucked, waste of 100bucks. For clarity, I’m not saying it doesn’t work for others, this is just my personal experience

I second that edibles are useless. But my girl eats a 10mg square of a chocolate bar and is fucked up so bad she can't do normal things. So... different strokes.
Usually a dispensary edible is 100mg in total.
I'd try 1/4, wait half and hour and see what time it is. If you're a smoker, just eat the whole thing.

I second that edibles are useless. But my girl eats a 10mg square of a chocolate bar and is fucked up so bad she can't do normal things. So... different strokes.
I'd try 1/4, wait half and hour and see what time it is. If you're a smoker, just eat the whole thing.

You see this is the area that I know nothing about..
I wouldn't even know anything about Mgs, or what is considered the average intake for a daily user.
This stuff is something I do not have in my life prior and if there ever was any usage it was many many years ago and only done occasionally with regrets :(
But like you said it was suggested to me to consume the whole thing but that's coming from someone that does it on the regular. I use just a very little bit and I was ripped.. so I used less and less and found it to be very helpful, but as long as I was ready for bed..

You see this is the area that I know nothing about..
I wouldn't even know anything about Mgs, or what is considered the average intake for a daily user.
This stuff is something I do not have in my life prior and if there ever was any usage it was many many years ago and only done occasionally with regrets :(
But like you said it was suggested to me to consume the whole thing but that's coming from someone that does it on the regular. I use just a very little bit and I was ripped.. so I used less and less and found it to be very helpful, but as long as I was ready for bed..
I dont smoke and 20 mg edible absolutely hammers me. 100 mg would probably send me the the ER

I dont smoke and 20 mg edible absolutely hammers me. 100 mg would probably send me the the ER
Thats funny but at the same time not funny.. That's what I kinda fear, I would rather gauge my intake at a VERY low amount, this way I know it won't last long..

I was referring to CBD, edibles are very strong, a single 20mg gummy is more than enough, half of one was about right for me

Back