• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Pickle juice to help stop leg cramps after leg days?

Magglio24!

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Recently in addition to lots of water I’ve tried drinking a couple ounces of salty/vinegar pickle juice before and after leg days and it seems to help. Scientifically it makes some sense but taste gross LOL ....has anyone else tried adding pickle juice if you were prone to cramping up?

I put pickle juice on my salads for an extra salty kick and yes I've tasted it right out of the jar... not bad!

My dad swears by this for instant relief. He's always had a problem with his quads and calves locking up in the middle of the night. He hobbles to the fridge and drinks a small glass of pickle juice and says it works immediately.

100% yes. Used during marathons and at spartan runs I’ve ran in.

Used to drink it when I swam a lot and I love it anyway, but I’m a little weird

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Never heard of this. But honestly wont try it because it sounds disgusting.

If I cramp I try to take a shower, rest, heat pad, ice pack, ibuprofen, and lots of water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What about just salt and some electrolyte caps? Lol I just salt load before leg day on the preworkout meal and it works fine. I also use eletrolyte caps in the morning on leg day

Recently in addition to lots of water I’ve tried drinking a couple ounces of salty/vinegar pickle juice before and after leg days and it seems to help. Scientifically it makes some sense but taste gross LOL ....has anyone else tried adding pickle juice if you were prone to cramping up?
They make a drink called pickle juice just for this reason

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

!
466210b858262837a404d63b4b90d18a.jpg
2b26a192bbe2781569d33ff2ebcd8ee6.jpg

Also you can drink a v8. Apparently it has just as much potassium as a banana
Or a banana and Gatorade in the morning

IML Gear Cream!
I feel like it would be the salt helping.
Sodium and potassium should help with a good amount of water.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

I've only had cramps twice after some serious binges. I can't imagine having them normally. I was seriously dehydrated to feel that way
I hope those days are completely behind me!!

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

I get them in my calves from alcohol

I do that too. Or drink chicken broth to balance out the electrolytes.

Back