• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

28 murders reported since Tuesday in Juarez as wave of violence continues

heavyiron

Community Veteran
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
by: Andra Litton
Posted: Nov 10, 2019 / 10:00 AM MST / Updated: Nov 10, 2019 / 12:28 PM MST
vehiclefires.jpg

RELATED CONTENT

JUAREZ, Mex. (KTSM) — The wave of violence, including murder and bus burnings continue in Juarez for the fourth day in a row.

Since Tuesday, 28 people have been reported murdered, more than 26 vehicles, buses, and semi-trucks have been set on fire and 14 maquiladora workers have been seriously injured in those bus fires.

The violent crime wave began when more than 800 soldiers, state and city police officers raided the Cereso 3 state prison in South Juarez.

The raid set off a string of violent attacks throughout the city intended to mimic the chaos and violence unleashed in mid-October by members of the Sinaloa cartel in Culiacán, Chihuahua officials said.

Juarez officials feel confident that the violent attacks are being ordered by members of drug gangs who are carrying out activities from behind bars in the Cereso prison. They are working feverishly to control the criminal element inside the prison in order to curtail the violence being unleashed on the city.

Friday

Two men were violently attacked in South Juarez in Colonia Revolucion Mexicana. According to Juarez Municipal Police, the two men were fired upon by several suspects. One of the victims died at the scene and a second died at the hospital.
A tattoo artist in his late 50s was shot inside his tattoo shop in Colonia Partido Romero in North Juarez. According to witnesses, they heard several gunshots before discovering the artist’s body.

Saturday

Juarez Police were called to Colonia Galeana in South Juarez when several residents reported trash bags that were dumped in an area specifically designated as a no garbage zone. Upon arrival, police discovered human body parts that had been dismembered and placed into separate bags. Police have yet to identify the victim in this case.

Later, a man sitting on a bench in front of the Women’s Hospital on Paseo Triunfo in North Juarez was shot in the head. Witnesses in the area say one suspect walked up to the victim and shot him, shocking those in the very busy area.

A woman’s body was also found wrapped in a blanket and dumped in the small farming community of San Isidro, east of Juarez. The area where the woman was found is near the location that the San Isidro Police Chief was killed just three days ago.

Later in the evening, cars throughout the city began going up in flames.

First, a transport bus fire was reported in South Juarez on De Las Torres Avenue. Investigators are looking into whether the fire was intentionally set, however, more than half a dozen transport buses have been set on fire since Tuesday evening.

A honda was then set on fire in Colonia Satelite in East Juarez and another vehicle was shot several times.

https://www.ktsm.com/news/border-re...medium=social&utm_source=facebook_KTSM_9_News

Nothing new. Cartel violence in Mexico is an “every day” occurrence. It’s been going on for decades. It’s funny how Mexico has some the strictest gun laws in the world. Even possessing ammo is illegal, yet Cartel Members are armed to the teeth!

Nothing new. Cartel violence in Mexico is an “every day” occurrence. It’s been going on for decades. It’s funny how Mexico has some the strictest gun laws in the world. Even possessing ammo is illegal, yet Cartel Members are armed to the teeth!

That's because of how impotent the police are over there.

And most Mexican cops are crooked.

That's because of how impotent the police are over there.

Understandably so. They get paid poverty wages, severely under armed, and poorly trained. I remember reading an article awhile back, where the whole police force in a small town quit on the spot, when they were threatened by Cartel Leaders, who took the town over. Even the mayor hightailed it out of town. The Mexican Gov’t had to send in elements of their military (Mexican Marina) to “police” the town. It’s the old adage “plomo o plata” ..”bullets or silver”....essentially take the bribe or die!

Im more of an Alaskan vacation guy than Mexico anyway. But it is sad to see these tragedies occurring daily. Mexico has some beautiful geography. Fucking people ruin everything, don’t they? Time to take over I think.

Silly Aztecs, or are they Mayans?

I have no desire to visit that dump. Never did. It’s a narco state. I don’t care what the media says or their “president “ of Mexico says. The cartels run that country. I know we need to protect our country and our people and we definitely needed a wall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IML Gear Cream!
The Government has been corrupt since the beginning of time and now the Cartels are more powerful then they are. The only way to put an end to this would be help from another country and what I mean by help is a mass operation to just kill anyone in or associated with these Cartels. So more than half of Mexico must die lol

The Government has been corrupt since the beginning of time and now the Cartels are more powerful then they are. The only way to put an end to this would be help from another country and what I mean by help is a mass operation to just kill anyone in or associated with these Cartels. So more than half of Mexico must die lol

Believe it or not, it’s been tried (lol). Under former Mexican President Calderon (2006-2012) the Mexican Navy (Marinas) were used to combat Cartel Organizations. The Marinas were used instead of the regular army because they were less likely to be “bribed” or corrupt. Every-time there was a “skirmish” or battle, they (Marinas) never kept any hostile combatants alive. Only the head Cartel figures were taken alive, so they could be paraded in front the media. It was easy to see (they) were systematically killing anything associated with Cartels with impunity.

I lived in Nogales for a bit and let me assure you it is as dangerous a place as it gets.

The Border is way way way worse then anyone knows unless you have lived there.

So Trump's wall is definitely a welcome sight. Funny because when I lived there in 2001? We already had a wall, for most of the city. And no one would climb it, or try to pass over it, they would go miles down the road and walk in .

Cartels are everywhere.

I remember walking to get food one day and literally if you are American they will swarm you. A guy pulled a baseball size chunk of Coke out of his pocket in broad daylight asking me if I wanted to purchase some (mind you I know it comes in bricks but I assure you this was round)

Also I would get approached all the time with human grade AAS. People who looked homeless or drug addicts carrying around Norma Deca and Organon human grade testosterone to sell to tourist.

Place is exactly what Trump said. A shithole.

Understandably so. They get paid poverty wages, severely under armed, and poorly trained. I remember reading an article awhile back, where the whole police force in a small town quit on the spot, when they were threatened by Cartel Leaders, who took the town over. Even the mayor hightailed it out of town. The Mexican Gov’t had to send in elements of their military (Mexican Marina) to “police” the town. It’s the old adage “plomo o plata” ..”bullets or silver”....essentially take the bribe or die!

I’ve seen lots of pics and videos of the aftermath of cops getting in to it with cartels, the police get slaughtered

I have no desire to visit that dump. Never did. It’s a narco state. I don’t care what the media says or their “president “ of Mexico says. The cartels run that country. I know we need to protect our country and our people and we definitely needed a wall.

I was about to say all the anti wall idiots should see more like this but then again I doubt they’d be smart enough to even understand

I’ve seen lots of pics and videos of the aftermath of cops getting in to it with cartels, the police get slaughtered

Yep...and even if your a corrupt police officer working for a particular Cartel your still not safe because rival Cartels have no problem murdering you! It’s a “lose - lose” situation. Being a police officer in Mexico is up there with one the most dangerous jobs in the world. Police over there get murdered on a regular basis like it ain’t nothing. The people hardly show concern believing the police were involved in Cartel business. There is absolutely no one over there you can really trust!

Believe it or not, it’s been tried (lol). Under former Mexican President Calderon (2006-2012) the Mexican Navy (Marinas) were used to combat Cartel Organizations. The Marinas were used instead of the regular army because they were less likely to be “bribed” or corrupt. Every-time there was a “skirmish” or battle, they (Marinas) never kept any hostile combatants alive. Only the head Cartel figures were taken alive, so they could be paraded in front the media. It was easy to see (they) were systematically killing anything associated with Cartels with impunity.
The Mexican Navy? Not saying it didn't happen but WTF I'd think you might compare them to some kind of weekend warriors. I'm talking like a combination of several countries with some special ops units and maybe even Chuck Norris lol

Resort areas are pretty safe.

Resort areas are pretty safe.

Indeed...partly because a large amount of the commercial property/businesses are owned by Cartels. Resort/tourist areas are understood to be “safe zones” from the violence because of the negative effect it would have on profits.

The Mexican Navy? Not saying it didn't happen but WTF I'd think you might compare them to some kind of weekend warriors. I'm talking like a combination of several countries with some special ops units and maybe even Chuck Norris lol

Actually, the Mexican Marines (Marina), which are part of the Navy, are an elite force for Mexico. They are highly trained and very well equipped. The Mexican Marines contain 3 Special Forces Divisions...their version of the US Navy SEALs. Just like US Marines, not just any “swing dick” is accepted into the Mexican Marines. They are pretty hardcore. They were extremely effective against the Cartels. That all changed when Pena-Nieto took office and he order them (Marinas) back to their naval bases. Pena-Nieto ended Calderón’s policy of using elements of the military to combat the Cartels. It is alleged he (Nieto) was corrupt and a “hand puppet” to the Cartels.

Get Shredded!
Indeed...partly because a large amount of the commercial property/businesses are owned by Cartels. Resort/tourist areas are understood to be “safe zones” from the violence because of the negative effect it would have on profits.

Yep, it's all about the money. Trafficking makes a ton of money. Tourism makes a ton of money. They'll mostly come to an understanding to keep the peace since they aren't natural enemies, and the tourism industry can get extra security from the gov't forces since they actually pay taxes.

The gov't needs to examine a serious libertarian approach to drug legalization to emerge from this nightmare. Legalize and heavily regulate coke, heroin, and even meth. They'd be the first in the modern world to do so, and it could go tits up, but if the black market turned into a white one they'd collect taxes, be able to fund treatment centers as necessary, fund police and military to a much better degree, and take revenue away from the narcos who currently outgun everyone.

Actually, the Mexican Marines (Marina), which are part of the Navy, are an elite force for Mexico. They are highly trained and very well equipped. The Mexican Marines contain 3 Special Forces Divisions...their version of the US Navy SEALs. Just like US Marines, not just any “swing dick” is accepted into the Mexican Marines. They are pretty hardcore. They were extremely effective against the Cartels. That all changed when Pena-Nieto took office and he order them (Marinas) back to their naval bases. Pena-Nieto ended Calderón’s policy of using elements of the military to combat the Cartels. It is alleged he (Nieto) was corrupt and a “hand puppet” to the Cartels.

Didn't Los Zetas come from a branch of those elite military units... the Marina perhaps? Maybe it was just a splinter faction but still, in the long term there's no security with elite forces when they're underpaid and outgunned in a society with low wages but HUGE piles of cash on the dark side.

Yep, it's all about the money. Trafficking makes a ton of money. Tourism makes a ton of money. They'll mostly come to an understanding to keep the peace since they aren't natural enemies, and the tourism industry can get extra security from the gov't forces since they actually pay taxes.

The gov't needs to examine a serious libertarian approach to drug legalization to emerge from this nightmare. Legalize and heavily regulate coke, heroin, and even meth. They'd be the first in the modern world to do so, and it could go tits up, but if the black market turned into a white one they'd collect taxes, be able to fund treatment centers as necessary, fund police and military to a much better degree, and take revenue away from the narcos who currently outgun everyone.

Are you guys serious?? That’s why resorts are “safe”??? That just solidifies my stance on never going to Mexico

Completely accurate. The Navy now control the security and law enforcement for Los Cabos. It is impossible to take a five minute drive without seeing a Marina patrol. I have been stopped at road blocks and searched several times by them and aside from not digging being tied up in a line of cars with no escape that may contain the potential for a shootout, I am thankful for their presence. They have always been very professional. I have US Navy plates and a tattoo which prompts them to have casual conversation with me.

Weekend warriors? Not exactly fair. They have limited resources yet they find ways to make things happen. An extremely “can do” branch of the military, the Navy and Marines.

To sit in the USA and say the Mexican government is corrupt is incredibly “pot calling the kettle black”. Couldn’t be more obvious that our government is incredibly corrupt. Mexican politician don’t have an exclusive on becoming millionaires while supposedly “serving” in office.

Are the police corrupt? Absolutely but in varying degrees. The average Municipal cop makes his real wage on “mordida”, bribes to let people off for various offenses. Trust me, Americans would LOVE the opportunity to get out of a traffic ticket or DUI for a few dollars.
State and federal police are typically involved in the narco stuff.
Like it was said, they don’t always have a choice. “Plomo o plata”, you chose lead or you choose silver. Not really a choice, is it?

Mexico is huge! Avoiding Mexico because of reports of crime is like a Mexican not going to Mt. Rushmore or Yosemite because Chicago is a shithole and Kalifornia is a communist fuckstory.

We as a family never felt safer than we do here. Don’t get me wrong, there are plenty of peccadilloes here that need to be tolerated but overall, our quality of life is significantly better than most places we have lived in the USA. Certainly more freedom.

Are you guys serious?? That’s why resorts are “safe”??? That just solidifies my stance on never going to Mexico
They also make a ton of money selling drugs to American tourists.

Sent from my LM-X410(FG) using Tapatalk

Oh, the Zetas came from militarized federal police who were trained at our SF training bases. Within months of returning to Mexico, these cops defected and created their own gang. First as an enforcement arm for cartels then as their own.

They also make a ton of money selling drugs to American tourists.

The “weedblow, weedblow” guys on the street are the most annoying guys on the street. Way worse than the timeshares OPCs. But if tourist weren’t buying, they wouldn’t be selling. People have some strange idea that coming to Mexico is some sort of license for bad behavior. Gringos do shit here every day that would put them in long legal battles in their hometowns.

Oh, the Zetas came from militarized federal police who were trained at our SF training bases. Within months of returning to Mexico, these cops defected and created their own gang. First as an enforcement arm for cartels then as their own.
Working for the cartels paid more.

Gotcha. Federales gone bad. I remember being told they were the ones you could trust and fall back on if you as a gringo got in trouble with corrupt local cops. Dunno if there's any truth to that now.

My dad and I got hassled by some cops while walking from Sayulita to La Mita and he promptly lost his conversational skills, so instead of paying anything we got a free ride in the back of their truck to our destination. Weird country.

The Zetas were not “militarized federal police.” Their origins came from the special forces division of the Mexican Army known as GAFE (Cuerpo de Fuerzas Especiales = Special Forces Air Mobil Group). It is true they did receive some training from American Special Force Groups, which is not uncommon. The United States Military Special Forces often train other countries elite military groups. They (GAFE) were used extensively to quell the “peasant” uprising in the state of Chiapas Mexico in the mid to late 80’s. In the early 90’s, Arturo Guzman-Decena (Z1) a lieutenant in the GAFE defected to join the Gulf Cartel (Cartel de Gulfo) at the request of the then Gulf Cartel leader Osiel Cardenas Guillen (promise of riches and a leadership role in the cartel). Guzman-Decena managed to recruit a couple dozen more GAFE to form the Zetas. The idea would be for the Zetas to be the “strong arm” of the Gulfos to combat the Sinaloa Cartel. The Zetas (name) comes from the Spanish Letter “Z”= zeta, which was Arturo Guzman-Decena’s radio code “Z1,” (Zeta 1). The radio code “Z” was designated for ranking officials in the military. After the death of Guzman-Decena by elements of the Mexican Army/gov’t, along with the capture of Osiel Cárdenas Guillen, the Zetas split from the Gulfos and formed their own cartel. All the original Zetas were either captured or killed by gov’t forces.[h=1][/h]
[h=1][/h]

Back