CPAP Machine

Thread: CPAP Machine

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Rep Points

CPAP Machine

I want to ask about CPAP machines just Incase one of the guys has sleep apnea. I have a friend that doesnít have insurance and was asking me if I knew how it get a CPAP without a prescription. You can get updates script to buy one online left and right but itís a machine that doesnít actually have narcotics in it. Itís breathing machine with some meds I get that but it seems like it would be pretty easy to order one somewhere right?
    If anyone has any info, please hit me up. Iíd appreciate the info. He was diagnosed with sleep apnea years back but never felt with it and didnít follow up. But now itís an issue and canít afford to take the test again without insurance.
    Thanks board.

**H-AS PHARMA VIP**
    H-AS.pharma@safe-mail.net

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,778 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by MrTr3y View Post
    I want to ask about CPAP machines just Incase one of the guys has sleep apnea. I have a friend that doesnít have insurance and was asking me if I knew how it get a CPAP without a prescription. You can get updates script to buy one online left and right but itís a machine that doesnít actually have narcotics in it. Itís breathing machine with some meds I get that but it seems like it would be pretty easy to order one somewhere right?
    If anyone has any info, please hit me up. Iíd appreciate the info. He was diagnosed with sleep apnea years back but never felt with it and didnít follow up. But now itís an issue and canít afford to take the test again without insurance.
    Thanks board.

**H-AS PHARMA VIP**
    Think you can get them on Amazon

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    610 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by MrTr3y View Post
    Thanks board.

**H-AS PHARMA VIP**
    Cpap doesnít use any narcotics or any substances in it. I do NOT recommend buying a cpap or apap unless it is prescribed. They are specifically calibrated per the individual and fucking with that is bad news. In fact, most machines you canít even adjust pressure your self anymore it has to be taken in to be calibrated.

If he canít afford it because of insurance well then... that blows

Source: apap user for few years now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,076 Posts
    Rep Points

You can get them online, and some automatically adust the pressure and everything with a sensing module. I'm no going in to get mine on the 26th...I'm looking forward to that day.

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    Rep Points

I wouldnt mess with one until sleep test determines settings- been using one for 4 months now and is life changing for me -OD

Board Rep
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    300 Posts
    Rep Points

You need to have a sleep test done because you can adjust the beginning pressure only for a limited time then it does what itís programmed to do. Mine is at 4 for 15min then bumps anywhere from 6-22. If you buy one online and just use it the machine wonít be adjusted for your certain sleep problems and will not work as good. I paid 900$ for mine new with all the stuff I needed included. Itís worth the money! I feel better than I ever have before.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts
    Rep Points

Been using one since beginning of year, mine is all controlled by Dr. remotely through my wireless internet. First month or so it was awkward and I slept worse, but after finding the right style mask and getting use to pressure, I am sleeping like a rock! Best investment Iíve made for my health and wellness.

https://www.usa.philips.com/healthca...herapy-systems

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts
    Rep Points

Are all you that are using one back sleepers? I can not fall asleep on my back Iím a side/stomach sleeper.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,099 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by GoGoGodzilla View Post
    Been using one since beginning of year, mine is all controlled by Dr. remotely through my wireless internet. First month or so it was awkward and I slept worse, but after finding the right style mask and getting use to pressure, I am sleeping like a rock! Best investment Iíve made for my health and wellness.

https://www.usa.philips.com/healthca...herapy-systems
    Yep, it takes awhile to find the right mask and get used to one. It was at least a month for me to get sort of comfortable and I ended up with the full face mask. It was probably 3 months before I got completely used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Canebrake View Post
    Are all you that are using one back sleepers? I can not fall asleep on my back Iím a side/stomach sleeper.
    Side sleeper only here. No need to buy a fancy cut out pillow for mask. You get used to it, and the mask pushes down with the rest of your head.

For the OP, I went through insurance, so I can't really advise on purchasing online. I have seen the ones that are supposed to auto adjust, but I'm just not sure how reliable they are for treating undiagnosed sleep apnea. Actually, most auto adjust, but they stay within your prescribed range. I would recommend he push the doctor for a home sleep study. They send a little harness home with you and you use it for a night or two. Don't let the doc try to convince him he needs to go to some sleep study center for 2-3 nights and $3-4K sleep study. It's not necessary.

Monster Labs Lead Rep
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    775 Posts
    Rep Points

I have seen them on Facebook marketplace or Craigslist for 300ish.

I paid about the same for my apap machine thru Kaiser ( fuck Kaiser btw )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    632 Posts
    Rep Points

I will send you my old one for $100 but I think it will be around $150 by the time I pay the duty going North. It's a DeVibliss DV54D-HH-S. I'll send with new mask and hose but you'll need to get some filters online for it. PM me if you want more info.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    Think you can get them on Amazon
    Hey thanks I appreciate all the info. I know there is a company that does an online order kit and you sleep with the mask on and it reads your sleep pattern. After you do the test you send it in or plug it to your computer and a doctor reads results and prescribes you the correct machine and equipment. Iím only worried they will end up killing you with prices and not give you the doctor info if you want to go to another doc.

**H-AS PHARMA VIP**

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts
    Rep Points

You lucky fuckers. I tried every mask and setting, and never could get used to a cpap. Seeing a dentist about a mouth appliance, hopefully that will work.

Board Rep
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    300 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Bigjay73 View Post
    You lucky fuckers. I tried every mask and setting, and never could get used to a cpap. Seeing a dentist about a mouth appliance, hopefully that will work.
    I used melatonin every night for 2 weeks just to force myself to sleep with it on!