Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pec Tear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Rep Points

Pec Tear

I tore my left pec about 2 years ago and the Va would not repair it. Due to this Iíve been suffering horribly on chest day with trying to get a contraction as well a big loss in strength in my left pec. Anyone have any exercise suggestions to help? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    974 Posts
    Rep Points

Have you tried going to a doctor outside the VA? Is there a visible gap? Did you tear the muscle, or the tendon, or the muscle attachment to the tendon? Was it complete or partial?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by malfeasance View Post
    Have you tried going to a doctor outside the VA? Is there a visible gap? Did you tear the muscle, or the tendon, or the muscle attachment to the tendon? Was it complete or partial?
    Yeah thereís a pretty visible gap. Unfortunately the only healthcare i have is through the VA. I tore the muscle attachment to the tendon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,108 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty-Bam View Post
    Yeah thereís a pretty visible gap. Unfortunately the only healthcare i have is through the VA. I tore the muscle attachment to the tendon.

Yeah they aren't very apt to fixing visual stuff, only vital problems. It sucks. I feel your pain man, they're my only healthcare as well.

Did you try talking to a patient advocate about it? Although I'm not sure it would do much good now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,108 Posts
    Rep Points

I don't have any advice though, sorry man. I had a minor tear in mine but it was small enough to heal okay. It definitely isn't right though, still doesn't function quite the same as the other side

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by GarlicChicken View Post
    I don't have any advice though, sorry man. I had a minor tear in mine but it was small enough to heal okay. It definitely isn't right though, still doesn't function quite the same as the other side
    Yeah the patient advocates are just as bad as most of the doctors in the VA. They eventually stop replying to emails and calls and you just lose hope.

I appreciate it man. Yeah itís crazy how much it effects even doing rows my left lat feels off since the injury.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,929 Posts
    Rep Points

Iíd try like a mo fo to get it surgically fixed. Youíre down time will be much longer due to the length of time since the injury occurred but, if you get it fixed and follow thru with the healing protocol youíll eventually be closer to 100% when itís all said and done.

otherwise, youíll be in your current situation for the rest of your lifting days.

I got mine repaired 3 weeks after injury occurred and itís now 10 months later and even tho Iím not lifting nearly as heavy on my chest movements Iím getting closer and closer to being able to. And it looks way better. And my range of motion is pretty much back to normal, if not better, because of my emphasis on stretching the area now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,108 Posts
    Rep Points

Yeah the patient advocates are just as bad as most of the doctors in the VA. They eventually stop replying to emails and calls and you just lose hope.

I appreciate it man. Yeah itís crazy how much it effects even doing rows my left lat feels off since the injury.

I've had really good luck with the patient advocates here locally. They have no problem getting the medical staff straightened out and telling them what's up.

Funny you say that, I've been getting a weird cramping in my left trap where it attaches to the scapula ever since mine happened. I never correlated the two.

I wonder if some sports massage would help the issue? I really don't know what else could help except reattaching it again, but it's probably too late for that.

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    598 Posts
    Rep Points

Buy some BPC 157 and some TB500.

Inject 250mgs of BPC into the pec daily and run 2.5mgs of TB500 1x per week. Shoot them into a healthy area of the pec with a slin pin, near the injury.

Do very light weight exercises. At no point should you be going heavy, but you should be training the muscle group lightly 2-3 times per week to induce healing. I would even stick with one exercise, even Incline Bench, super super light. Reps of 10-20 and maybe 3-5 sets, very controlled and slow.

Jack up your hydration big time. Water, skim milk and pedialyte all day, every day.

We have a new forum sponsor called RECON PEPTIDES. They have a halloween sale right now for 35% off, use code "WEEN2019" at checkout and you are talking pennies. You can spend $1-200 bucks and have this thing healed in no time. www.reconpeptides.com

I healed my tricep tendon tear in 8 weeks. I have a client who had full pec surgery and we had him back in the gym after 2 weeks and full ROM within 4 weeks.

These drugs are miracle drugs. Baby that injury and do not go heavy again for at least 3-6 months. Run the BPC for at least 8 weeks. Ive seen dozens of my clients healed in half the time or less with such a routine. No explosive movements, no heavy weights. And eventually you will return to 100%.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Milford King View Post
    Iíd try like a mo fo to get it surgically fixed. Youíre down time will be much longer due to the length of time since the injury occurred but, if you get it fixed and follow thru with the healing protocol youíll eventually be closer to 100% when itís all said and done.

otherwise, youíll be in your current situation for the rest of your lifting days.

I got mine repaired 3 weeks after injury occurred and itís now 10 months later and even tho Iím not lifting nearly as heavy on my chest movements Iím getting closer and closer to being able to. And it looks way better. And my range of motion is pretty much back to normal, if not better, because of my emphasis on stretching the area now.
    Yeah Iím not sure if they would ever consent because the length of time. I definitely regret not pursuing it more. Also Iím not sure with the type or tear they could fix it. I read that of you tore the muscle from the tendon the chances of the repair holding were slim.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,929 Posts
    Rep Points

Yeah Iím not sure if they would ever consent because the length of time. I definitely regret not pursuing it more. Also Iím not sure with the type or tear they could fix it. I read that of you tore the muscle from the tendon the chances of the repair holding were slim.

ahh, yeah man. That sucks dude. I tore mine from the bone. Sorry man, but who knows. Maybe in a few years theyíll make improvements to medicines and surgeries that can have you back to normal still. Gotta have hope!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Rep Points

I tore my left pec about 2 years ago and the Va would not repair it. Due to this Iíve been suffering horribly on chest day with trying to get a contraction as well a big loss in strength in my left pec. Anyone have any exercise suggestions to help? Thanks

I feel your pain brother, I ruptured the long head biceps tendon and VA insisted that itís a cosmetic surgery and they refused to even consider repairing it,
    I recently had VA perform a very routine procedure and the resident that they turned loose on it Fucked it up, I refuse to go back to VA for anything but annual blood work which I have a training partner thatís a Dr. go over with me, he is much more detailed and guides me a lot where VA fails or just wants to prescribe all kinds of crap

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by WesleyInman View Post
    Buy some BPC 157 and some TB500.

Inject 250mgs of BPC into the pec daily and run 2.5mgs of TB500 1x per week. Shoot them into a healthy area of the pec with a slin pin, near the injury.

Do very light weight exercises. At no point should you be going heavy, but you should be training the muscle group lightly 2-3 times per week to induce healing. I would even stick with one exercise, even Incline Bench, super super light. Reps of 10-20 and maybe 3-5 sets, very controlled and slow.

Jack up your hydration big time. Water, skim milk and pedialyte all day, every day.

We have a new forum sponsor called RECON PEPTIDES. They have a halloween sale right now for 35% off, use code "WEEN2019" at checkout and you are talking pennies. You can spend $1-200 bucks and have this thing healed in no time. www.reconpeptides.com

I healed my tricep tendon tear in 8 weeks. I have a client who had full pec surgery and we had him back in the gym after 2 weeks and full ROM within 4 weeks.

These drugs are miracle drugs. Baby that injury and do not go heavy again for at least 3-6 months. Run the BPC for at least 8 weeks. Ive seen dozens of my clients healed in half the time or less with such a routine. No explosive movements, no heavy weights. And eventually you will return to 100%.
    Iíll have to check that out! Thank you brother. Thatís some crazy recovery time. Iím no where near full ROM haha. My form looks terrible on the pec dec only moving my left arm maybe 50%

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,108 Posts
    Rep Points

Maybe for normal people. I think being enhanced with GH, BPC, and TB greatly improves healing far beyond normal people.

As far as length of time, I think if you can prove its causing a functional problem with working or living you could get it done. That seems to be the key

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Rep Points

If you tore the myotendinous junction than it cant be repaired. Basically you tore the part of the tendon where it start turning into muscle. You can not stitch muscle. I also had a partial tear of the myotendinous junction of the pec. 3 months no lifting. I dont bench anymore. Use all machines for chest now.