• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Turned green?

Cliffs

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I made some masteron about 60 days ago. In the past few days it started to turn a greenish color. It was originally clear. Does anyone have an idea why it would be turning green?

For reference I made Mast E 200mgs/ml. 2% BA, 18% BB, carrier oil Mig 840.

Sorry, I'm trying to upload a picture for you, but not having much luck.

That's odd. Oxidation of copper would be the first thing I think of
First thing came to mind. Green is so synonymous with copper.
Turning green would be of concern.

First thing came to mind. Green is so synonymous with copper.
Turning green would be of concern.
Yeah exactly. Like heavy metal contamination in the raws.

That olive green almost looks more like a mixture of cupric oxide and copper salts. The salts being the green and the cupric oxide being black to create that dingy olive color.

I would not inject that and would like to know why it turned that color...

Sit it upright undisturbed for a while and see if anything precipitates out of it. I bet over time you get an extremely fine black precipitate that goes back into suspension when it's swirled

Thanks for the input. I'll stop using immediately. Also, I'll put them upright for a while to see if there is any black precipitate that settles at the bottom. Heavy metal contamination is a little scary.

Sr. PolloAjo gave you excellent advice. Hadn’t even thought about the cupric acid.

You ever not think of something because it shouldn’t even be there? Like coming across a leg bone whilst eating fish.

IML Gear Cream!
Sr. PolloAjo gave you excellent advice. Hadn’t even thought about the cupric acid.

You ever not think of something because it shouldn’t even be there? Like coming across a leg bone whilst eating fish.
Lol yeah definitely not supposed to be there, but nothing surprises me coming out of China these days. Of course there's other things it could be but the green color is most likely copper and oxidation reactions are always the most likely to occur. I have seen dark green instead of black colored copper II oxide powder before. Most likely due to cheap raw material sourcing

Wow.....not looking good. What's in the vial on the left? It's cloudy. The recipe is fine.

Tell us about your filter setup and process. Did you filter while the oil was hot?

And who's raws are those?

TBH, I wouldn’t inject either one of those lol they both look like shit

Is it okay to tell us where the raws were from? I wouldn't touch either one of those.

I’d like to know where they came from myself....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used a Nalgene .22 um filter. I waited about 15 minutes before I filtered it, so it may have been warm, but certainly not hot. I made EQ, tren, and test prop with no issues. The raws all came from the same source, which is a sponsor on this board. I emailed him yesterday and this was the disappointing response I received:

hi bro

we think you should go to get help from some professional guys,*but we are sure the quality is great,:) thanks bro, :)

So that's what Injectable Kratom looks like !!! LOL

I used a Nalgene .22 um filter. I waited about 15 minutes before I filtered it, so it may have been warm, but certainly not hot. I made EQ, tren, and test prop with no issues. The raws all came from the same source, which is a sponsor on this board. I emailed him yesterday and this was the disappointing response I received:

hi bro

we think you should go to get help from some professional guys,*but we are sure the quality is great,:) thanks bro, :)

Well after that response I'd be dropping names. I've never even heard of gear turning that nasty ass green color regardless of a contam.

Just to be clear, I'm not trying to bash anyone I'm just trying to get some help to understand why this happened. And as I stated before the EQ, tren, and test were fine. I got the raws from IL and based on the reviews I thought I would be in good hands. They were quick to respond and the process was extremely smooth. However, this outcome is beyond concerning and their response to my question was dismissive and not what I would consider appropriate.

You could truly call it Hulk Juice lol . Yea don't inject that

Get Shredded!

hi bro

Are you Chinese? Did you throw a penny in the mix for good luck? That’s definitely where the copper came from then...bro.

With that response I NEED to know the source. Toss that shit, tell me what it is and in a few weeks I’ll replace it with some very safe, clean gear. I just want to know and happy to pay to get this info for everyone.

On this “bro” thing...I fucking hate it. I had to call out a source for “bro”ing me constantly. So fucking annoying.

So post the source, THEN pm me....bro.

I get it. It is frustrating to say the least. The source was IL.

I get it. It is frustrating to say the least. The source was IL.

I got you an expert response and according to my guy, it is actually your fault sir, not IL's. I say that with all due respect but honesty as well

"Oil got too hot for too long and its reactionary. Its not actually green its black, the combination of transparency and the natural yellow of the oil gives it a green looking tint.

Reagents were pushed way past melting point and I'd assume most of the hormone if not all, is dead."

That could be true and I'm not trying to point the finger at anyone...although I didn't love their response when I reached out for help. I do use a digital hot plate and set it for 300 degrees F for the mast. I'm just trying to get a little help and trying to make sure I'm not injecting something that isn't safe. I appreciate the input from everyone.

“Natural yellow of the oil”? Mig?

Not likely. I want to know what is “too hot and too long”?
”Reactionary”? Like with copper?

Reagents? There's no reagents used, it's literally using solvents and a catalyst (heat) to dissolute a compound into solution. If there's a reagent or reactant it's not supposed to be there.

But I guess it could be black mixing with yellow, but not mig. The other one is yellow though...

It's very strange. Here is a picture of the 3 vials I have left. These are all from the same batch and I used Mig as the carrier oil. 2 of the vials are a greenish color (one is much darker than the other), and 1 is yellow. All 3 vials were crystal clear.

Attachments

• pic.jpg
    pic.jpg
    301.3 KB · Views: 61
Yeah that sounds like Mr Lion. As you can see in my signature I rep for Iron Lion and also that is my source for raws. They don't brew gear so yeah he's not going to be able to answer your questions about Brewing.

I have seen several brews gone bad similar to this by using those naglene bottle top plastic filter setups. They are very susceptible to melting in high heat and with solvents and it's probably what happened here. That's exactly why I asked about your filter setup and I thought you were probably using those plastic bottle top filter setups.....i was right.

Get rid of the plastic, go with all glass or Glass and porcelain buchner

Last edited:
Back