Pharmacom Store

Worries about side effects anabolic steroids? Don't count on taurine ...

EuroPharmacies Ambassador
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,413 Posts
    Rep Points

If steroids users endanger their cardiovascular health, but nevertheless do not want to stop, they may be able to limit the damage by supplementing with taurine.
    This is the conclusion reached by Romanian physiologists at Carol Davila University of Medicine and Pharmacy in an animal study published in Medicina. Sounds good, but we are by no means convinced.

Study
    The Romanians experimented with rats. A control group [C] was not given any medicine, another group received a weekly injection of nandrolone decanoate [A], yet another group was given taurine via drinking water [T], and a fourth group received injections of nandrolone decanoate and drinking water. with taurine [AT].
    Results
    During the three months that the experiment lasted, the concentration of the worse-than-bad triglycerides in the blood of the nandrolone group increased. An increased concentration of triglycerides promotes vascular diseases, among other things. Taurine supplementation, however, prevented the rise in triglyceride levels, the figure below shows.

Administration of nandrolone decanoate also reduced the concentration of 'good cholesterol' HDL. HDL protects the blood vessels. The figure above shows that taurine reduced the decrease in the HDL level.
    In 2016, the Romanians published another animal study, conducted in exactly the same way, in the Brazilian Journal of Medical and Biological Research. [Braz J Med Biol Res. 2016; 49 (6): e5116.] In that study, nandrolone decanoate raised the blood pressure of the test animals, but co-supplemented with taurine largely reduced that increase.

Conclusion

" In the light of the clear evidence regarding the proven safety of taurine administration in humans, our study raises the assumption that taurine could be useful in certain circumstances associating chronic high levels of circulating androgens, like endocrine disorders or anabolic steroids abuse in athletes ", Romanians write in the final paragraphs of their Medication publication.
    Our hula
    Romanians can tell us more. We, the ever nagging compilers of this free web magazine, are not convinced. Not so much because the results of animal studies are by no means always relevant for people, but also because the Romanians have used very remarkable doses.

If the rats had been human, they would not have received 200 milligrams of nandrolone decanoate a week. In the steroid environment of 2019, such a dose is almost homeopathic. Anabolics users use grammes of anabolica on a weekly basis .
    Shorten if the dose was nandrolone decanoate from the Romanians, the dose of taurine to which they treated their rats would be exuberant. If the rats had been human, they would have used around 15 grams of taurine per day . In a can of Red Bull is one gram.
    Right .
    Source:
    Medicina (Kaunas). 2019 Aug 27. 55 (9).

Last edited by Vision; 10-20-2019 at 10:54 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    606 Posts
    Rep Points

This was highly interesting vision thank you for posting this, I love studies!

What is your interpretation of this in regards to taurine supplementation one humans?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Lokthan View Post
    This was highly interesting vision thank you for posting this, I love studies!

What is your interpretation of this in regards to taurine supplementation one humans?
    Yeah these kind of studies, when the variables are not reciprocal in terms of human dosage and environment are hard to actually draw any good conclusions from. Currently taking a class about how to interpret data from studies and what typical consensus is drawn from certain kinds...really this kind of study is published to get momentum for further ones.

Anyhow,

Although this does show a correlation between blunting the negative effects on hdl from the nandrolone, it requires an amount so high that we than need to look into what high amounts of taurine does to other markers.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Staynattybruh; 10-20-2019 at 09:57 AM.

SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,413 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Staynattybruh View Post
    Yeah these kind of studies, when the variables are not reciprocal in terms of human dosage and environment are hard to actually draw any good conclusions from. Currently taking a class about how to interpret data from studies and what typical consensus is drawn from certain kinds...really this kind of study is published to get momentum for further ones.

Anyhow,

Although this does show a correlation between blunting the negative effects on hdl from the nandrolone, it requires an amount so high that we than need to look into what high amounts of taurine does to other markers.

They actually dose most of these studies based around the human supraphysiological dosages with weight ratio.. Its a basic platform to display activity, with a yes or no response.. Of course these environments can't be duplicated and will vary, if anything the rats have more a keen observation, thus providing more data on what "potentially" could be taken place..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts
    Rep Points

This is great news. So the energy drinks I consume are actually contributing to my long term health while on gear! Which I always am on something.. lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Vision View Post
    They actually dose most of these studies based around the human supraphysiological dosages with weight ratio.. Its a basic platform to display activity, with a yes or no response.. Of course these environments can't be duplicated and will vary, if anything the rats have more a keen observation, thus providing more data on what "potentially" could be taken place..
    Well according to this study the rats took equivalent to 15gs of taurine. Which is not a normal consumption of taurine or even someone supplementing it. Our points are the same though, the goal of the study was to find out if taurine in enormous amounts could cause a positive effect, it did, which will gain positive influence for more studies. Although, it should just be noted the dosages in which it happens, is not a 1:1 comparison in pratical human consumption.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts
    Rep Points

"It remains to be verified whether taurine could have a potential health benefit in situations related to AAS misuse, since it represents an important ingredient in boost-energy beverages and it could be a convenient option in individuals not responding to medical AAS-dropout recommendation. Certainly, more data are needed in order to identify taurine as a really useful dietary supplement in counteracting the harmful effects of supraphysiological AAS administration. Recent studies (summarized in ref [45]) highlighted the potential of microRNAs (miRNAs) molecules to become biomarkers of AAS use/abuse and to develop new tools in the anti-doping fight. In this context, further studies are needed to identify specific miRNAs DECA or taurine-dependent, molecules that are able to modulate the expression of key proteins and their transcriptional regulators involved in lipid metabolism. These miRNAs molecules could become potential targets for epigenetic therapies to stop or reverse damages induced by AAS consumption. Furthermore, the association of aerobic / anaerobic activity with the combined use of DECA and taurine could simulate the real circumstances of steroid abuse."

This is why the study should be read in its entirety, the conclusion says more than the abstract.

Not trying throw shade here Vision, just think when reporting studies it should be discussed more.

SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,413 Posts
    Rep Points

"It remains to be verified whether taurine could have a potential health benefit in situations related to AAS misuse, since it represents an important ingredient in boost-energy beverages and it could be a convenient option in individuals not responding to medical AAS-dropout recommendation. Certainly, more data are needed in order to identify taurine as a really useful dietary supplement in counteracting the harmful effects of supraphysiological AAS administration. Recent studies (summarized in ref [45]) highlighted the potential of microRNAs (miRNAs) molecules to become biomarkers of AAS use/abuse and to develop new tools in the anti-doping fight. In this context, further studies are needed to identify specific miRNAs DECA or taurine-dependent, molecules that are able to modulate the expression of key proteins and their transcriptional regulators involved in lipid metabolism. These miRNAs molecules could become potential targets for epigenetic therapies to stop or reverse damages induced by AAS consumption. Furthermore, the association of aerobic / anaerobic activity with the combined use of DECA and taurine could simulate the real circumstances of steroid abuse."

This is why the study should be read in its entirety, the conclusion says more than the abstract.

Not trying throw shade here Vision, just think when reporting studies it should be discussed more.

I posted the hyperlink so people can read the entire study.
    The information is posted so people can discuss the topic.. tell me again where I failed to provide any sort of platform for people to discuss the topic along with the hyperlink to the study?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts
    Rep Points

The information is posted so people can discuss the topic.. tell me again where I failed to provide any sort of platform for people to discuss the topic along with the hyperlink to the study?
    I suppose I expected you'd provide a little more context. Didn't mean to come off passive aggressive if that's how it seemed. Was just trying to point out there should be disclaimers, with studies like this. I'll just end it here as it seems this is starting to be taken in bad faith. Have a good day brother.

SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,413 Posts
    Rep Points

I suppose I expected you'd provide a little more context. Didn't mean to come off passive aggressive if that's how it seemed. Was just trying to point out there should be disclaimers, with studies like this. I'll just end it here as it seems this is starting to be taken in bad faith. Have a good day brother.

I'm just passing on reading material I don't owe anyone any sort of disclaimer, the research and the depths of the topic is up to the readers when it pertains to having an open dialogue on the material.. I did not illustrate or have any part of the context..
    Furthermore nowhere did I include my perspective or opinion on the substance.. I wouldn't jump to conclusions with insinuating I'm getting any sort of feelings, that's thinking a little too highly of yourself lol.. actually I'm just trying to see where you're going with this..
    Anybody that is well-rounded with reading any research that is a mature adult already understands the notions to take everything with a grain of salt and is for educational purposes only..

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Rep Points

Thanks for the information - great to study -OD