EuroPharmacies Ambassador
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,445 Posts
    Rep Points

We know too little about steroids, doctors acknowledge

This is nothing new, of course we all agree that most Dr's know little about AAS and that the medical community is barely scratching the surface when it pertains to AAS, but to openly hear the medical community admit to not knowing enough is huge because this goes to validate that anything the media tries to promote or advocate has no real hard backing or concrete evidence to support the preconceived notions with tarnishing the use of PED's..

We know too little about steroids, doctors acknowledge

Anabolics users don't care much about the expertise of doctors when it comes to steroids. That's known. In that regard, there is nothing new in the research that Stephanie Hill, affiliated with York Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust in the United Kingdom, published in Therapeutic Advances in Drug Safety. But Hill also discovered that doctors agree with the steroids users - and feel that they do not know enough about steroids to help users.

Study
    The researchers interviewed 134 doctors and 216 steroids users. Most doctors worked in the same hospital as the researchers, while the researchers recruited the steroids users via the social media Facebook and Instagram.

Results

58 percent of the steroids users did not have themselves examined by a doctor before, during or after an steroid cure.

Approximately two-thirds of users thought doctors could not interpret the test results correct, and 55 percent feared a doctor reprimand.'

Not surprisingly, three-quarters of the users were negative about previous contacts with a doctor.

A large majority of doctors who surveyed the researchers said they had little knowledge of steroids.
    98 percent of doctors said they had learned nothing about anabolic use by bodybuilders during their training, 80 percent said they did not know
    what tests were needed to identify the health of anabolic users - let alone interpret them.

Two thirds of the doctors were of the opinion - last but not least - that health care should not have to pay for the costs of the tests for steroids users.
    Conclusion
    " The present study has highlighted important perceptions within the body-building community that create obstacles to them accessing healthcare or laboratory monitoring during anabolic steroid treatment, mainly related to fear of criticism or judgment, " the British summarize their findings.

" Doctors themselves do not feel adequately confident in their knowledge of anabolic steroids, which may result in them providing inaccurate or incomplete information, further undermining patient trust ."
    " Improving knowledge of the pharmacological actions and adverse effects of anabolic steroids within the medical community is important in establishing a clearer consensus approach to addressing healthcare needs in this patient group, including a more uniform approach to laboratory analysis ."
    Source:

Ther Adv Drug Saf. 2019 Jun 13; 10: 2042098619855291.
    Pharmacological effects and safety monitoring of anabolic androgenic steroid use: differing perceptions between users and healthcare professionals

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,301 Posts
    Rep Points

Yet the politicians also having no knowledge about steroids decided to make it illegal. Other countries have done well with regulating steroids so that users are happy and protected.

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    515 Posts
    Rep Points

I worked with dozens of Endos, and honestly with the exception of Metabolic Doctor, I ran circles around them with simply a 6 year degree.

I had to teach a Yale Endo how to dose HCG. He was giving his HRT patients 5-10,000iu per week. He got mad when I told him it was wrong. I've also worked with urologists. I've seen more then you care to know. Doctors prescribing men 50mgs of CYP every 3-4 weeks. We know CYP and E peak at 48 hours, and days 2-6 they are the highest levels, decreasing around day 11 on the average and completely out of the system by day 13-14.

Pubmed studies if anyone needs this info.

I have seen more neglect and disinformation from "professionals" in this field then I care to say. Your experienced bodybuilder knows more about testosterone and AAS's effects in the body then then a PHD endocrinologist. That is fact.

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    201 Posts
    Rep Points

Doctors are pretty much worthless except in emergency .~ OD